BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't return too many items to Amazon...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Crazy Christmas
post Nov 7 2015, 10:24 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Or they'll ban you. rolleyes.gif There's a thread about this on DS and Watchdog had a piece on it on Thursday. Okay if people take the mickey and do return lots of items then you can understand it but the cases they featured didn't seem like that. Some stuff never arrived for one guy and yet he was banned. Another also lost the rest of his year's Prime membership for returning faulty DVD's. Amazon stood by their decisions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Nov 7 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #2
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Sounds pretty obvious to me. I would expect it does need to be a fairly high level of returns (which, in turn, would require a high level of purchases) before they triggered something like this. I think in all the years I've used Amazon (which is about 10 now) I've returned 3 things and bought several hundred. And that does include items likely to be faulty (kettles, an oven, a printer, etc.).

Not saying people should stand for being sold a dud, or shoddy products, but be careful in what you buy is perhaps a good mantra to go with, especially if you've been burned many times.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Nov 7 2015, 11:19 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

I wonder if those complaining to Watchdog were actually being a bit economical with the truth as Amazon said they wouldn't discuss the cases and stood by their decisions to ban them. They do have to accept returns by law, the Distance Selling Regulations, but every return costs them money and they don't have to keep you as a customer. Just like no shop has to serve anyone if it doesn't want to.

What people around the Net say is that there seems no set number or percentage of items that can be returned before you get banned, but you do get an email warning saying that you're returning too many items then the ban follows a few months later if you carry on. No amount of appealing to them gets your ban lifted apparently.

This post has been edited by Common Sense: Nov 7 2015, 11:30 AM

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Nov 7 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #4
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Well, there isn't going to be a set amount (I'm sure parcel size, item cost etc. all come into play), but it's not going to be something ridiculous like 5/10% anyway. So really, no concern for anyone who isn't out to abuse the system/is an idiot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 12:03 PM