BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Embarrassing Friends
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Colm
post Nov 11 2015, 12:14 PM
Post #1
Yes, it's me.
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,885

I have two friends...let's call them John and Michael.

John is indiscreet. He has a drink or two and then he starts being very sexual explicit. He's gay and will openly ask me questions in a group setting about sex. He will do the same with most of his friends. Some of my friends are used to him. These ones are friends of his too but if I were to invite him to a party and there were other friends there that are not familiar with his "style" then he would really lower the tone and become embarrassing.

I'm fairly sure he is unable to control this when he has a few drinks in him. Basically, he is being socially inappropriate.

Michael, is similar except he doesn't focus on sexual content. He just gets loud, touches people in ways that are beyond just flirting. He will pull strings on jackets, ask someone how tall they are - if they're very tall, get giddy.

I'm having a birthday party on Sunday afternoon but I haven't invited these two people even though on a one to one basis these guys are really great people. Especially John, whose company I love.

Drink just changes them too much for me to invite to the party. I feel bad.

Do any of you have friends that you have to isolate from other friends?

This post has been edited by Cauldron: Nov 11 2015, 04:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Nov 11 2015, 08:53 PM
Post #2
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

Yes! I was that friend until I basically quit drinking (I have wine here and there). I have never been sexual though, nor touchy. But, I'm also a prude when it comes to sex. I was also always the one considered the life of the party though, so I feel my role in my friends group was a positive one. Though, I probably annoyed them when I wouldn't shut up about Britney Spears and pop culture in general.

With that being said I have had friends that become the biggest whores on earth when alcohol is involved. It's actually quite disgusting. I've actually ended friendships over it... But, that's because it started causing me issues since two of them were my roommates at one point. Coming home from work to see people f***ing on my couch is grounds for termination as friends. YOU HAVE A BEDROOM FOR A REASON.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 11 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Not sexual but we have this one friend in our group at uni who makes my two girl best friends feel really uncomfortable, he's very arrogant and calls them sluts and things "jokingly" if they so much as talk to a boy! We think he had very few friends at home so he is really making up for it by trying hard now. He pretends to be drunk as well when everybody knows damn well he's only had a couple of WKDs or something, and I think acting absolutely smashed is one of the most utterly embarrassing things possible laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Nov 11 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #4
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I think we all have embarrassing friends (if you don't, then it's you!) and I defo have friends that I would never invite to things for various reasons.

Anyone else have friends that you're not sure why you're still friends with?

+Quote Post
Colm
post Nov 11 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #5
Yes, it's me.
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,885

I have a friend that I've had since I was 4. We have nothing in common. I dont know why he bother with me. I dont really enjoy his company. Out families are friends. That's about it.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Nov 11 2015, 11:07 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Silas @ Nov 11 2015, 09:09 PM) *
I think we all have embarrassing friends (if you don't, then it's you!) and I defo have friends that I would never invite to things for various reasons.

Anyone else have friends that you're not sure why you're still friends with?

Yes, well actually as of last month I've cut ties with her but tbh I don't think she's even noticed. It's a very long and boring story, but basically she was a pretty shitty friend when I'd always go out my way to be a decent friend to her, we went over a year without speaking at one point during high school because she'd been my best friend since we were in primary, and I thought maybe that would have made her realise what she'd lost so we ended up becoming friends again in sixth year but she's even worse now than she was before since going to university so once again I've just stopped speaking to her and I actually feel better for it unsure.gif

In regards to the OP, this same friend was one that I'd always worry about meeting my other friends. I moved away for university and I'd make the effort to try and meet up with her when I was visiting home and she'd always say she'd come to Perth and visit me, see my flat, have a night out etc (despite now being in my 2nd year of uni, this still hasn't happened), which in some respect I'm glad about as there's a good chance we would have went out with my friends from uni. She just doesn't talk to people, she doesn't make the effort to interact and get to know people that I know, and I'm not just saying she's shy or introverted, she's actually not, I'm more closed off than her but it's like she feels she's too good to be talking to other peoples friends, it's really hard to explain laugh.gif I know she would just sit there awkwardly and cling to me and I'd feel like I couldn't leave her with my friends for 2 seconds, this happened when I invited her to a family party one year and it was awful and just made me feel so uncomfortable. She's kinda snobby as well, she looks down her nose at everyone, especially me when it comes to studying art and my whole friendship group is people from my course so I just don't think she mix well with them sleep.gif

Thankfully, none of my group are big drinkers and we'd much prefer to sit in and watch movies one night than go out laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Nov 11 2015, 11:26 PM
Post #7
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I know this one girl who we've had to reluctantly not invite to certain events as when she's trashed she gets a bit rowdy, she engages in (very) heated political debates with people, challenges people on their perceptions of social norms and says really inappropriate things. Of course, all this is fine with me but she rubs some people up the wrong way.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Nov 11 2015, 11:27 PM
Post #8
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I think all of my friends are embarrassing in various ways. That's probably just in comparison to me though, because I tend to be rather more restrained than your average corpse in public.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 12 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Tend to keep friends who dont know each other apart as a rule. I find it stressful worrying when they dont get along i have to keep being piggy in the middle. If everyone slready knows each other a la Friends then its fine. I dont get too embarrassed by friends these days cos i just say what i think anyway and dont let anyone fall out with me. No matter what .

I would however be embarrassed if family were around and things got a bit graphic... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 01:18 PM