BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you care about getting wed?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
RobBob
post Nov 15 2015, 07:30 PM
Post #1
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

Just been having this conversation off the site and wondered how it would translate over here.

To some, and within the group I was discussing it with it was the females, they loved the idea of having a wedding and viewed it as very important to them that they get to marry their partner at some point.

And to others, me included, I don't really see the point in weddings - it just seems like something that is way too expensive for very little change.

There seemed to be a lot of viewpoints and different things to discuss with this, so where do you stand on the importance of marriage?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Nov 15 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i'd love to have a wedding someday, but i can't really think of the reasons why laugh.gif it just seems like the traditional thing to do!

saying that, not getting married wouldn't phase me either, i guess it'll depend on my partner's opinions as much as mine smile.gif i certainly won't be rushing to the altar

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Nov 15 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #3
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

I'd love to get married one day, just feels like a really special occasion and the idea of marriage definitely appeals to me! (not any time soon though lol)

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Nov 15 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

I always think of getting social anxiety by having a wedding but hopefully by the time I do I'll be a fair bit older and more capable of coping in this kind of scenario.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Nov 15 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #5
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

I'd definitely love to get married at some point, it feels like it would be so nice heart.gif

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Nov 15 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Quiet wedding, close friends and family, no more than about 30 guests and even that's a lot.

Then again, it'll probably be up to the bride.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Nov 15 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #7
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Yea I'd like to at some point, idk it just seems like something that would bring a lot of happiness bc it's all about celebrating love, making that official etc and the fact that someone is promising to spend the rest of their life with you seems pretty amazing, it's bizarre to think that someone could feel that way towards you in the future laugh.gif It wouldn't be the end of the world if that wasn't to happen though

This post has been edited by Lindsey ♌: Nov 15 2015, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 15 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #8
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I'm personally not sure... I agree with the point that it seems a lot of fuss and money for not much change. For me being gay the ability to get married was just about the equality, I feel like everyone should have the option if they want to. I suppose if I found someone and it felt right I'd change my mind, saying this now I'm single isn't the same imo.

So in short I'm not dismissing it entirely.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Nov 15 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #9
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

Kids I'm less bothered about but I'd definitely like to get married, it just feels like an extra step showing that bond between yourself and partner, I wouldn't be doing it for the occasion as such.

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Nov 15 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #10
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I booked my venue today - nervous as f***!!

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Nov 15 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #11
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Aah, probably not I don't think. But then I probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship where I wasn't in love enough to get married. It'd probably be something I'd do if I was with that person and they wanted it, after a long time considering it, otherwise I'd have no qualms about saving money. It's not that important to me right now but I'm not going to say never because if it's important to my partner, then it would become important to me.

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Nov 15 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #12
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I got married 5 and a half years ago. It was the best day of my life, a celebration of bringing families together and I believe it was an important step in me and my hubby's relationship! Sure, not a lot changes because of it but it kinda feels like an important landmark!

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Nov 15 2015, 08:38 PM
Post #13
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

No.

I don't do well with the idea of 'permanence'.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Nov 15 2015, 09:37 PM
Post #14
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

No, it just seems like a lot of hassle, expense and stress for something that isn't really worth it and doesn't change much/anything.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Nov 15 2015, 09:44 PM
Post #15
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

No. And I don't care about getting a partner either.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Nov 15 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

At the moment I care more about relationships in the sheer emotional sense of the word, rather than making the relationship official. I don't even have anyone yet. It was looking a little bit like I was going to a few weeks ago (have someone that is, not get married heehee.gif), but nah laugh.gif I can't see myself having a big fancy wedding, it's not really for me I think, but if I ever meet the right person, then a small celebration might be nice eventually. But right now I feel like as much as I want to be in a relationship, I would be fine with never getting married. I don't know how I'll feel in the future.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Nov 15 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #17
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I'm not sure about getting wed, but this entire weekend i've been feeling really down and alone. sad.gif My friend keeps telling me it's because it's getting cold and dark and i'm just wanting someone to cheer me up in that but really i'm just fed up of being alone lmao. I fear it'll keep getting worse and worse too as the weeks go by but meh, let me do my dating thing and see what happens (but even then, I know it won't work and the cycle will continue ;o) ~

Oops.. random spillage of my feelings, don't mind me cool.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 15 2015, 10:40 PM
Post #18
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I suppose it is rather expensive and all but there's something about weddings that are so lavish and special. I've always enjoyed attending them (bar small talk in places) so I think I'd really enjoy having one myself. It's a really nice way for everyone to come together and just celebrate the love between the two.

(Michelle McManus - 'All This Time' for first dance x)

This post has been edited by Jade: Nov 15 2015, 11:01 PM

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Nov 15 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #19
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I think yes, but low key with only families and nothing too lavish as it should be an expressing of your love for each other rather than showing off the cash. It feels like you're more 'complete' as a couple that way when you're officially married and then having children is the next step etc. the idea of permanence is fine by me. Maybe it's just the idea I've been brought up on (though shamefully I've never actually been to a wedding).

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Nov 15 2015, 11:12 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

I can't get beyond a second date with someone and even that was a one off, these days I can't even get a first date. So a Wedding is no where near my radar.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 09:58 AM