BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Laura Welsh - Sex & Violence, New single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Noahspike
post Nov 20 2015, 01:09 AM
Post #1
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

New single 'Sex & Violence' follows Laura's debut album 'Soft Control', which was released earlier this year.

Speaking about the track, Welsh says: “I always write from my heart, from what I observe and most importantly what I see as the truth in experience. Creatively this has possibly been the strongest year of my life which I expect is due to much of the turbulence that has gone on…”

Buzzing synth tides roll in and out of the piano-led cut; although on the surface it's a massive piece of balladic pop, there are lots of quirky moments that drag her sounds into more experimental territory - pitchshifted harmonies, flicking static, echo-swamped guitars warped into barely recognisable shapes... it's an intriguing evolution of Welsh's output.
http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/new-Music/...le-sex-violence

Not too familiar with her past material but have liked the little I'd heard. This song's really captured my attention of late though - gorgeous chorus. wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:34 AM