BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artists you don't get the hype about
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Nov 20 2015, 09:14 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

With Adele's new album almost certain to be the best selling album worldwide his year and next year does anyone not get all the hype about her? (Not necessarily my opinion) Or other artists at their peak
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Nov 20 2015, 09:19 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I don't get the Adele hype. I can see how she's technically good but I just don't like her music and find a lot of the gushing over it quite tedious.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 20 2015, 09:21 PM
Post #3
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I've never seen the appeal in Adele, she's never come out with a song that is anything different from hordes of other singers WW. The total mass meltdown over
her music makes me dislike it all even more.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 20 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #4
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'm sure was a thread just like this very recently laugh.gif No need for another one to drag artists down again.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Nov 21 2015, 09:01 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

I don't get all the hype on forums over Little Mix. I know they're the first and only group to win X Factor but find them an average girl group myself. Spice Girls, Sugababes and Girls Aloud had much more memorable songs.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 21 2015, 10:18 AM
Post #6
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Lol at the PRESSED radical Pink trolls tryin to indirectly say Screech is somehow comparable to Godele. Adele is amazing, the VOICE of this generation and the Britney Spears Cristina radical troll generatiin. Those trolls always run in and clog up these threads qith petty nonsense attacks tryna bring ha down when we ALL know how amazing she is at composing, writing and THAT VOICE!!

NO fookin singer compares let along a 'whole host'

Jesus Crist radical Pink trolls. Take a break.

No one thinks yo screechy fave is as good as Adelw. No one. Get. Over. It.

Meanwhile I find pop brat's pop squawking Justin Beiber to be the WORST thing EVER, even worse than Dcreech, and have NO VLUE who the hell is buying into that audden pop brat hype!!

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Nov 21 2015, 10:18 AM
Post #7
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Yas, Little Mix are also cheesy and awful and overhyped.

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Nov 21 2015, 10:31 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Taylor Swift, people think she's the best thing happened in pop but she just makes generic pop songs about her exes which every female popstar makes and bassicly every song of her sounds the same.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 21 2015, 10:34 AM
Post #9
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Merry Peenmass!! @ Nov 21 2015, 11:18 AM) *
Lol at the PRESSED radical Pink trolls tryin to indirectly say Screech is somehow comparable to Godele. Adele is amazing, the VOICE of this generation and the Britney Spears Cristina radical troll generatiin. Those trolls always run in and clog up these threads qith petty nonsense attacks tryna bring ha down when we ALL know how amazing she is at composing, writing and THAT VOICE!!

NO fookin singer compares let along a 'whole host'

Jesus Crist radical Pink trolls. Take a break.

No one thinks yo screechy fave is as good as Adelw. No one. Get. Over. It.

Meanwhile I find pop brat's pop squawking Justin Beiber to be the WORST thing EVER, even worse than Dcreech, and have NO VLUE who the hell is buying into that audden pop brat hype!!

You have just proved my point. People like you who go off on some demented tirade if anyone dares to not praise Adele and make claims that she is something more than she is
makes me dislike her and her music even more.
Can you not just accept that not everyone loves her and some fail to see all the hype? I don't even know what P!nk has to do with this either since nobody brought her up till you came in here. It's all down to personal taste and if you can't accept that, on a music forum people will have different tastes and opinions then you don't belong on one.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Nov 21 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #10
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Ed Sheeran is another one that perplexes me. People love him but there are so many better solo males than him doing similar music. He really is nothing special.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Nov 21 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I do like Adele a lot. But personally I don't understand why someone like Jessie Ware for example would sell so much less. Their quality / demographic in my mind are very similar. I don't see why it's Adele specifically who is as huge as she is.

This post has been edited by Joe.: Nov 21 2015, 12:59 PM

+Quote Post
Slick
post Nov 21 2015, 12:59 PM
Post #12
I got hot sauce in my bag, swag
Member No.: 70

I hear you with Ed Sheeran. I'm totally not fussed by him whatsoever, and think there's so many people doing similar music who aren't nearly as successful.

'Sing' is his only song I'd choose to listen to.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Nov 21 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #13
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

taylor swift and ed sheeran are the epitome of 'unremarkable white people'

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 21 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

QUOTE(Joe. @ Nov 21 2015, 12:58 PM) *
I do like Adele a lot. But personally I don't understand why someone like Jessie Ware for example would sell so much less. Their quality / demographic in my mind are very similar. I don't see why it's Adele specifically who is as huge as she is.

She gets a lot more media support and has been hyped to the heavens since day one (winning the BBC Sound of 2008 before even getting going). But I still think a lot of Adele's success is down to being in the right place at the right time - 21 was pre-empted by the X Factor HAMMERING of Make You Feel My Love that year, setting up 21 very nicely indeed in the UK while the album was helped out by a well-timed slot on Saturday Night Live in the US.

Sure it would have been huge anyway but these events served to make her even bigger and bigger, and opening her up to a bigger audience than anyone could have imagined. Once your album has broken sales records in the UK and US the domino effect happens worldwide and sure enough it went to No.1 globally and only served to make her even more huge ready for her comeback. It sounds ridiculous I know but if those lucky X Factor and SNL breaks hadn't happened, I really think its worldwide sales would be half of what they were, it's incredible how a couple of triggers can have such a large knock on effect. (Though the BRITs performance still would have sent 21 skyrocketing, I just don't think the album's sales would have opened as impressively as they did).

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Nov 21 2015, 01:39 PM

+Quote Post
Dobservance
post Nov 21 2015, 01:40 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Coldplay are extremely overrated.

+Quote Post
*Ben*
post Nov 21 2015, 01:46 PM
Post #16
Chart Chat Slave
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Merry Peenmass!! @ Nov 21 2015, 11:18 AM) *

That's YOU YOU YOU! OMG finally you've described yourself rotf.gif

+Quote Post
PuppiesAre4Ever
post Nov 21 2015, 02:45 PM
Post #17
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

For a non-predictable suggestion- Fifth Harmony. Bo$$ is obnoxious/annoying and Worth It is just 'Talk Dirty' for people who want a ringing migraine

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Nov 21 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #18
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(#psychic7 @ Nov 21 2015, 06:45 AM) *
For a non-predictable suggestion- Fifth Harmony. Bo$$ is obnoxious/annoying and Worth It is just 'Talk Dirty' for people who want a ringing migraine
And this is the reason why there's an agenda ~

+Quote Post
Noahspike
post Nov 21 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #19
There's a frisbee in my brunch
Member No.: 19,860
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Nov 21 2015, 01:38 PM) *
She gets a lot more media support and has been hyped to the heavens since day one (winning the BBC Sound of 2008 before even getting going). But I still think a lot of Adele's success is down to being in the right place at the right time - 21 was pre-empted by the X Factor HAMMERING of Make You Feel My Love that year, setting up 21 very nicely indeed in the UK while the album was helped out by a well-timed slot on Saturday Night Live in the US.

Sure it would have been huge anyway but these events served to make her even bigger and bigger, and opening her up to a bigger audience than anyone could have imagined. Once your album has broken sales records in the UK and US the domino effect happens worldwide and sure enough it went to No.1 globally and only served to make her even more huge ready for her comeback. It sounds ridiculous I know but if those lucky X Factor and SNL breaks hadn't happened, I really think its worldwide sales would be half of what they were, it's incredible how a couple of triggers can have such a large knock on effect. (Though the BRITs performance still would have sent 21 skyrocketing, I just don't think the album's sales would have opened as impressively as they did).

The Sarah Palin SNL episode set up '19', not '21' tongue.gif, but of course would have served her well in terms of momentum carried over to the release of '21' three years later.

And while I agree that 'Make You Feel My Love' getting so much exposure in the UK at the end of 2010 was a very convenient and beneficial lead-in to her new album, I don't think you're giving the music itself enough credit compared to these outside factors. 'Rolling In The Deep' debuted in late November and instantly created a lot of online buzz, which was bolstered by the live debut of 'Someone Like You' on Jools Holland in December. I remember at the time that (extremely captivating) performance/song was being shared and talked about online for weeks afterwards.

In the US, she promoted heavily on all the big late-night talkshows and morning shows etc. for the album's release week in Febraury, and of course the huge sales she'd been getting in the UK and elsewhere (as well as the great press around the album/her) was referred to in her interviews and would have fueled all the hype, and specifically that for 'Rolling In The Deep', which would go on to become a crossover hit of unprecedented proportions there.

There's definitely been a fair amount of being in the right place at the right time/the stars aligning, but I really don't think the quality and mass appeal inherent to her voice and songs should be underestimated in explaining her success with '21'.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Nov 21 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Nov 21 2015, 03:48 PM) *
The Sarah Palin SNL episode set up '19', not '21' tongue.gif, but of course would have served her well in terms of momentum carried over to the release of '21' three years later.

No, it set up 21. Yes, You Make Me Feel My Love was from 19, but the point is that it renewed interest in Adele just before she released 21. Not many artists have that sort of luck.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 11:18 AM