BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are you ever scared to post?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Are you ever scared to post?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 44
Guests cannot vote 
HausAlone
post Nov 25 2015, 06:15 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Something recently made me think about this so I thought i'd ask the Lounge public~

Are you ever scared about making a post or responding to a post and so eventually decide to leave it be? Do you ever regret making a post or wish you never said something for fear of repercussions? Do you resist making posts or threads because of an inner fear?

I think we've come a long way on Buzzjack to create an atmosphere where (i'd like to think) people aren't generally scared to have their say but it would be good to see what the actual response is. I realise, quite ironically, some may not wish to respond to this thread, but do please have your say~ (also on a side-note if the issues ever lie in the Lounge just PM one of the Lounge Mods and we'll see what we can do magic.gif i'm positive that any of us would be very willing to help!).

SO have you abandoned your posting fears since beginning out on the site or do you still have fears? This goes for big topics of discussion, musical opinions and everything in between!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Nov 25 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

Yes to all of them.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Nov 25 2015, 06:18 PM
Post #3
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

No.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Nov 25 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #4
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Hell no. I used to calculate every post to within an inch of its life to make sure that no one could pick me up on anything.

Now, who cares? I know you all well enough to know you won't judge me on one post and it helps me make far better posts I think. Or at least ones not made inoffensive as f***.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Nov 25 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #5
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

When I first joined this site a few months ago I was literally TERRIFIED of posting- before I'd even make a comment on the lounge or something i would message it to Lindsey asking if it was alright laugh.gif

I'm more confident posting now, however when I'm writing longer posts, something about myself or something where I share my opinion quite strongly I do end up drafting it several times as I'm worried about how I come across happy.gif *posts this comment quick before I change my mind*

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Nov 25 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not scared to post for the majority of stuff but I selected 'I am still sometimes scared to post for a variety of reasons' because it was the best one that fitted my situation that I'm scared to post on the more heavy discussion subjects. It's possibly more down to the fact that I often can't translate my viewpoints correctly, or I personally don't feel I know enough about the subject, so I fear that I'll get shot down because I haven't expressed myself correctly.

A recent one would probably be the Caitlyn Jenner & Woman of the Year thread because, no matter how much I tried, what I was writing wasn't actually what I was trying to get across so I just left it.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
Post #7
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

My immediate thought was no, but I know that in threads with deeper topics and discussions on topics that I am interested in, I don't feel like I can contribute to that thread to the levels of intellect bouncing around. For example all the talk on the general election this year really interested me, but I don't think I posted on Buzzjack at all how I felt despite checking up on those threads.

+Quote Post
Houdini
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

How is it possible to be scared to post on an ONLINE forum?

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Nov 25 2015, 06:32 PM
Post #9
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

I'm always scared of hurting ppls feelings 🙃

+Quote Post
dancember
post Nov 25 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #10
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

The third option for me. Usually when it comes to more political/intellectual/controversial topics. Or if I find it hard to write a post on it, end up spending about 5-10 minutes writing a post only to decide it's not worth posting.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Nov 25 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Nov 25 2015, 06:29 PM) *

Ok, maybe "scared" isn't the best word here. I suppose most of us just want to get along with each other and the possibility of posting something wrong/offending someone and getting called out for it can make one feel depressed or guilty and full of regret.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Nov 25 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #12
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

When do I get my 'buzzjack best bits' package tho

+Quote Post
LexC
post Nov 25 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #13
unofficially fabulous
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

QUOTE(🌚🌚🌚 @ Nov 25 2015, 06:36 PM) *
When do I get my 'buzzjack best bits' package tho

you haven't got any best bits nikki

+Quote Post
Slade
post Nov 25 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Right now I'd say I'm in a generally comfortable position of posting. Prior to this year though it was a different story! I used to be rather afraid of posting Lounge topics or indulging in some of the more serious discussions because I didn't know what people thought of me. However, since the community feel improved and I started to settle in here earlier in the year, I've felt much more at ease with expressing myself and I actually really like creating Lounge topics when I've had a burst of inspiration.

I tend to feel a little awkward talking about myself in depth at times (for example the whole surgery fiasco in the monthly thread took me a day just to post 'cause I thought naahhh who cares except me at first, and then I changed what I said multiple times) but I think that's just insecurity and not wanting to halt discussion by people finding what I'm saying uninteresting. That actually sounds like I *majorly* overthink my posts which doesn't happen all that often, just the example the other day.

So basically I love to post what's on my mind though occasionally overthink about slightly more personal posts that I think people won't really care about. But generally I love to contribute so I think I'd fall under 'I used to be scared to post about things' overall as it's only occasionally where I have doubts, I'm not really afraid to say things just a bit indecisive about how I want them to come across and if they're worth contributing.

This post has been edited by Jade: Nov 25 2015, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Nov 25 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #15
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

The third option. I won't deny that sometimes I am...hesitant, but it's not entirely out of fear.

Mainly, it's the more 'serious' topics that attract debate/lots of paragraphs or ones that involve me stating an opinion or engaging in a debate. Like others, I spend quite a long time constructing a post but try and not make myself get caught out with my opinions, as I'm admittedly worried about being challenged or offending someone. Basically, I'm not really comfortable with debating serious issues/topics I don't know enough about, so while I do try and contribute to these discussions as they genuinely interest me and try to add something new, I'm not really one to call someone out or challenge an opinion and it can be hard for me to fully articulate my thoughts in a manner that contributes constructively and doesn't come across as something generic that's completely ignored. Tis why I sometimes stick to the 'how do you like your eggs' topics rather than something like 'should religion be banned?'. Idk, I guess I'm just scared of conflict which I, naturally both here and in irl, don't deal with.

Likewise, I feel that I really care about the topic, but if my opinion has been stated much better in the thread, I often don't bother posting as I feel I have nothing constructive to add apart from 'THIS' or something similar, it's why I read more than I post unforch, I'm just conscious of making my posts count.

I started typing this and I see others have stated the same view, THIS IS WHAT I MEAN cry.gif I don't want this post to make it seem like I'm insecure or I'm too reliant on what other people think of me (I know that's exactly what it sounds like), but yeah, those are perhaps the main reasons why I'm sometimes scared to post.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Nov 25 2015, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Nov 25 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #16
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(TyrannosaurusLex @ Nov 25 2015, 06:43 PM) *
you haven't got any best bits nikki

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post Nov 25 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Possibly some people might if they are gonna get ridiculed on what they have put.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Nov 25 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #18
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Nov 25 2015, 06:29 PM) *

Fear of having your posts edited maybe sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jester
post Nov 25 2015, 06:57 PM
Post #19
On Hold
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Nov 25 2015, 06:53 PM) *

!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Nov 25 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Nov 25 2015, 06:53 PM) *

Did they ever find out who it was who edited it?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:49 PM