Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Funny Films
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Dec 7 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,742
   No Gallery Pics

"She's Funny That Way" is an American comedy that was released in my country over four months ago. I had not seen the official trailer in a movie theater nor had I read its plot on a movie site. To be honest, I was not intrigued by the title and I saw it just because there were few options at that time. However, "She's Funny That Way" was a very pleasant story that gave us ample doses of laughter in the elegant open air cinema that we saw it in.
The protagonist of the story is Isabella, who works as a call girl. One night she sleeps with a rich and unusual customer, who will give her a respectable amount of money to leave her job forever. Isabella does not let the chance go to waste. She gets the money and she follows his advice. However, fate will bring them close very quickly after Isabella becomes an actress and the customer of that fateful evening happens to be a successful director of theatrical performances on Broadway. The fact that he is married and his wife will be co-starring with Isabella in the play, which is preparing to premiere in a short time, will cause some things to become upside down. "She's Funny That Way" is a comedy of situations, misunderstandings and endless coincidences that reminded me of Woody Allenís films. The fast and well-written dialogues and the unforgettable quotes were the best elements of the film. Peter Bogdanovich was not limited to the directorial piece of film but also he wrote the script along with his ex-wife, Louise Stratten. He did a pretty good job that combined it aptly with elaborate editing. The interpretations of the actors were good and Jennifer Aniston stole the show once again. I do not know how to describe it exactly but the expression of this woman in tragicomic characters like in Horrible Bosses, always makes me laugh. She played the hysterical woman here. She is incredible!
"She's Funny That Way" received mixed reviews worldwide. There were some problems with its official release and therefore the movie came out in the USA in limited theaters circuit. I cannot say that it is one of the best comedies I have ever seen, but certainly, I spent a beautiful time throughout its course. Moreover, summer is not recommended for heavy dramas and sob stories, so "She's Funny That Way" was a good alternative choice for someone who wanted to get away from the problems of everyday life.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 01:59 PM