BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dating, 💋
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
jakewild
post Dec 8 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #1
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

had some really SHIT dates recently so wondered how you lot find yours? where do you take them? would you sleep with them on the first date? etc

ive met most of my dates through tinder and so it's obviously hard to fully judge their personality / if they have one before meeting them so they've ended up being quite problematic. other than nights out there isn't really any other way of me meeting people and the people I do meet on nights out end up just one night stands / nothing ever comes of it.

got a date tonight and im taking him to a nice pub in town I took my last 2 dates which could either be a bad omen or third time a charm. he wanted to take me to a restaurant but I talked him out of it cos I'd find it way too serious and intense for a first date. Thoughts?

buzzjack SPILL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Dec 8 2015, 12:46 PM
Post #2
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

may also help me with in deciding my biggest $l*t noms

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Dec 8 2015, 01:02 PM
Post #3
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

ALSO is height a big factor in who you date? have way too many conversations about this with my friend who can't have a boyfriend shorter than her and I would prefereably be a similar height to the person I'm with but I've found that gays are generally short so it makes that pretty difficult. the amount of times I've been on tinder trying to work out how tall someone is by the people they're next to / a fridge in the background

+Quote Post
Christmattias :/
post Dec 8 2015, 01:55 PM
Post #4
show ur id
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I NEED A DATE

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Dec 8 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #5
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

I NEED A MAN

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Dec 8 2015, 02:33 PM
Post #6
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I'd love to find someone who matches my personality AND height but for some reason there doesn't seem to be anyone out there!

I've been on one date (which wasn't supposed to be a date but was kind of made into a date by my our mutual friends who kinda pushed us together and left us to get on with all the talking and stuff). If I was stopping out I would have slept with him but I ended up just going home by myself.

I cancelled another date with someone else as they ended up being FAR too clingy just through texting, saying how he was unsure if he was gay and would dump his girlfriend and everything to be with me if our date went well (which I was like "woah there, I'm not up for ANYTHING that intense after one date").

I find it very hard on Tinder to even start a conversation without it sounding boring. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Merry ChrisMears
post Dec 8 2015, 03:47 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I gave up on Tinder and Grindr is full of dirty old men in this area. I usually meet my dates via friends. I find it easier to find a girl to date then a guy although my last few dates were with guys. I don't do one night stands at least not more, I did that in my late teen years with some girls and I regret that now.

+Quote Post
leewallace
post Dec 8 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #8
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

When I had a girlfriend I used to treat ha like a princess but I'm not really into dating right now until after I finish University (which is slowly starting to panic me). I've got my life set out and I know the age I want to have children etc. I can hoping / see me settling down with somebody that I've been friends with, especially one in particular who I've loved for around 5 years... she still doesn't know (gah). I'm the worst at these situations as recently I've tried getting with her friends to provide a reaction or to see if she cares.

I'm not a massive fan of one night stands either and the thought of meeting somebody from Tinder terrifies me, I of course get multiple matches but I wouldn't start a conversation with any of them unless I got matched with a friend.

Oh, height is important for me, I would be mortified if I dated a 6ft 5 female considering I'm 6ft 4.

+Quote Post
HausofHorrors
post Dec 8 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #9
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

I really enjoy dating (as some of you are quick to point out about me Lol). But I do it in phases, I can go months between dates and at other times I have loads with different guys in a very short period of time but I need to feel up for it.

I'm currently sort of dating someone.. I've known him as a friend for a year or so (which makes a change from my usual grindr/tinder ones) and we got together one night and have since been on dates both in restaurants/pubs and I even cooked for him one night. My one rule is that there has to be alcohol on the date or I won't enjoy it. I went on a date with one guy and almost instantly ordered a bottle of wine for myself only to learn that he didn't drink himself :')

But yeah when it's that time of the year for me I love dating. Need something to become serious though, so got everything crossed with the guy I'm seeing currently. ��

+Quote Post
HausofHorrors
post Dec 8 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #10
Henrietta R Hippo

Also the date has to be CHEAP. I am not about to spend a tonne with someone that might not be worth it.

+Quote Post
Viper*
post Dec 8 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #11
I Just Can't Feel The Same About You Anymore.
Member No.: 25

I had the worst first date in the history of ever. Everyone I tell laughs/gasps a LOT at me dry.gif

I hate gays. cheer.gif

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Dec 8 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #12
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Hollyver @ Dec 8 2015, 02:33 PM) *
I'd love to find someone who matches my personality AND height but for some reason there doesn't seem to be anyone out there!

I've been on one date (which wasn't supposed to be a date but was kind of made into a date by my our mutual friends who kinda pushed us together and left us to get on with all the talking and stuff). If I was stopping out I would have slept with him but I ended up just going home by myself.

I cancelled another date with someone else as they ended up being FAR too clingy just through texting, saying how he was unsure if he was gay and would dump his girlfriend and everything to be with me if our date went well (which I was like "woah there, I'm not up for ANYTHING that intense after one date").

I find it very hard on Tinder to even start a conversation without it sounding boring. laugh.gif

yeah the personality and height is the goal. of course immediate attraction helps but I've dated people who I've met in person and not really thought anything of but the more I get to know them the more attractive they become to me

QUOTE(TheGrinch @ Dec 8 2015, 04:09 PM) *
When I had a girlfriend I used to treat ha like a princess but I'm not really into dating right now until after I finish University (which is slowly starting to panic me). I've got my life set out and I know the age I want to have children etc. I can hoping / see me settling down with somebody that I've been friends with, especially one in particular who I've loved for around 5 years... she still doesn't know (gah). I'm the worst at these situations as recently I've tried getting with her friends to provide a reaction or to see if she cares.

I'm not a massive fan of one night stands either and the thought of meeting somebody from Tinder terrifies me, I of course get multiple matches but I wouldn't start a conversation with any of them unless I got matched with a friend.

Oh, height is important for me, I would be mortified if I dated a 6ft 5 female considering I'm 6ft 4.

big daddy 😍

QUOTE(GingerbreadHaus @ Dec 8 2015, 04:15 PM) *
I really enjoy dating (as some of you are quick to point out about me Lol). But I do it in phases, I can go months between dates and at other times I have loads with different guys in a very short period of time but I need to feel up for it.

I'm currently sort of dating someone.. I've known him as a friend for a year or so (which makes a change from my usual grindr/tinder ones) and we got together one night and have since been on dates both in restaurants/pubs and I even cooked for him one night. My one rule is that there has to be alcohol on the date or I won't enjoy it. I went on a date with one guy and almost instantly ordered a bottle of wine for myself only to learn that he didn't drink himself :')

But yeah when it's that time of the year for me I love dating. Need something to become serious though, so got everything crossed with the guy I'm seeing currently. ��

you HAVE to have alcohol? Do you never go on gallery dates or anything? they're my fav but I'm never off work in time to so it always has to be a pub and inevitably alcohol which obviously does help the dutch courage but interesting that you can't really do it without. and to the extreme I try not to drink TOO much incase I get lucky cps I can't have sex drunk at all.

+Quote Post
leewallace
post Dec 8 2015, 04:39 PM
Post #13
🙄

QUOTE(GingerbreadHaus @ Dec 8 2015, 04:20 PM) *
Also the date has to be CHEAP. I am not about to spend a tonne with someone that might not be worth it.

OH HELL NO.

It benefits both if you go somewhere with great food and good drinks.

This post has been edited by TheGrinch: Dec 8 2015, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Dec 8 2015, 04:42 PM
Post #14
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

^ thank god for gays and splitting

+Quote Post
HausofHorrors
post Dec 8 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #15
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(������ @ Dec 8 2015, 04:31 PM) *
you HAVE to have alcohol? Do you never go on gallery dates or anything? they're my fav but I'm never off work in time to so it always has to be a pub and inevitably alcohol which obviously does help the dutch courage but interesting that you can't really do it without. and to the extreme I try not to drink TOO much incase I get lucky cps I can't have sex drunk at all.

Nope never done anything like that. The cinema is the closest I've done (really selling myself in this thread laugh.gif). I am more of an evening/night sort of person and love the whole restaurant -> bars thing so I stick to that. And I mean I could do it without alcohol but I much prefer it with! The guy I'm with now mentioned theatre and the sorts so maybe I can arrange a different sort of date on your advice~

QUOTE(TheGrinch @ Dec 8 2015, 04:39 PM) *
OH HELL NO.

It benefits both if you go somewhere with great food and good drinks.

Yes I agree. But you don't need to spend a lot of money to get great good and good drinks ;o I am not here for pretentious overpriced food when I'm there to talk to a guy and get to know them, with the food as secondary.

I wouldn't spend a lot on food even if I was married to the guy or when I'm out with my best mates so why would I do it on a date with someone I hardly know!?

+Quote Post
Regina
post Dec 8 2015, 04:50 PM
Post #16
Bovril Lasagna
Member No.: 5,572

I much prefer the setting of a casual/cheap date, I'll feel more at ease and be myself, if I was in the setting of a grander place, i'd feel out of place and end up being
too shy and uncomfortable.

I wish I dated more, but nobody finds me desirable enough, and the ones who do are not my type.

+Quote Post
Viper*
post Dec 8 2015, 04:54 PM
Post #17
I Just Can't Feel The Same About You Anymore.
Member No.: 25

Anyone that suggests bowling or cinemas for a first date I cringe hard and then move swiftly to ignoring them. cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Dec 8 2015, 05:00 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(GingerbreadHaus @ Dec 8 2015, 04:15 PM) *

Such a me. I had 6 in a week about 6 weeks ago and then 1 since laugh.gif

I actually quite enjoy dates myself, I've never really had a problem with them or been overly nervous about them. I also don't get the whole thing about going for food being too serious? I go for food with friends all the time and my two favourite things to do are to eat and have a chat so it's perfect for me. It may also because I'm not much of a casual drinker anyway (need to get over my all or nothing mentality now I'm in my 20's) but I always fear that drinks will end up too pricey, probably just me on that one.

Right now, I'm kind of off going on too many as I just feel like dating in gay circles is a bit like finding a job - it's either about the contacts you have or you have to search for it online. I'm just not really in the mood to be making that much effort now. I also feel like right now is the first time ever I've truly enjoyed being single - like I wouldn't mind something to happen and I am definitely not against getting into something but I am kind of adopting a "what will be will be" attitude and maybe something will creep up on me when I least expect it.

+Quote Post
leewallace
post Dec 8 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #19
🙄

QUOTE(GingerbreadHaus @ Dec 8 2015, 04:49 PM) *
Nope never done anything like that. The cinema is the closest I've done (really selling myself in this thread laugh.gif). I am more of an evening/night sort of person and love the whole restaurant -> bars thing so I stick to that. And I mean I could do it without alcohol but I much prefer it with! The guy I'm with now mentioned theatre and the sorts so maybe I can arrange a different sort of date on your advice~
Yes I agree. But you don't need to spend a lot of money to get great good and good drinks ;o I am not here for pretentious overpriced food when I'm there to talk to a guy and get to know them, with the food as secondary.

I wouldn't spend a lot on food even if I was married to the guy or when I'm out with my best mates so why would I do it on a date with someone I hardly know!?

I tend to go to places I know that will benefit myself more, the amount of times I try to recommend Frankie & Bennies etc is unreal, Froot was having none of it on Friday.

I've never really dated somebody I hardly know, so I wouldn't know from experience but If I was to date them I would want to take them to somewhere that I know provides good food, saying that I do adore a good old pub meal.

This post has been edited by TheGrinch: Dec 8 2015, 05:02 PM

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Dec 8 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #20
I was starting to worry if I was living in a simulation.
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I remember one time my friends and I went to a party and had a few drinks, then went back to my dorm and watched a movie. Two pairs hooked up and I looked at my other friend thinking "what have we wrought"

I guess I can take some responsibility since we were using my computer tongue.gif

+Quote Post

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 01:37 PM