BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you "feel" your age?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post Dec 13 2015, 12:34 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Some recent short discussions led to the creation of this thread. Do you feel your age? Ever feel like you "should" be younger/older? Are people surprised when you tell them your age? Do you dread birthdays? etc.

People usually assume me to be a bit younger and I don't like it much for some reason but I know I can look younger. Sometimes I feel younger too but in other ways I can feel like an "old soul" or whatever lol. And then sometimes I just feel my age and I'm quite comfortable being in my 20's, although turning 25 next year still seems so weird to me. So it varies. I don't really like that everyone has to have a particular age.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Dec 13 2015, 12:36 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I'm a bit of a big kid lol, I'm not very mature. I've never been very good at organising etc and I often feel younger than I am.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Dec 13 2015, 12:38 AM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Oh gosh I often have to remind myself that I'm an adult. I'm 18 yet kinda feel like I'm about 15 and 65 at the same time. It's very strange.

I think I will have a young soul as long as I live, with a bit of a hint of old crazy cat lady to me too.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Dec 13 2015, 12:40 AM
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I like to feel younger guys than me.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Dec 13 2015, 12:42 AM
Post #5
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I usually feel my age (18), or younger sometimes I guess laugh.gif

Lookswise I don't think I look my age, my chubby cheeks make me look about 12 laugh.gif

I sometimes feel older depending on who I'm with. I have a few friends inrl who are all older than me, although I do get treated like the baby of the group laugh.gif However when I go out with the ladies from work/ their friends etc, they never really treat me like I'm so many years younger, and we always get on really well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Dec 13 2015, 12:43 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

While some people think I'm younger I actually feel 28. I don't know why but my teenage years seems so far away, yet I'm dreading the day I turn 30. I think I've grown up quite quick since I started teaching and I don't feel the need to go out every weekend mostly because I'm always tired after a week of work. Also the responsibilities I have now my dad has Alzheimer has made me more grown up. I definitely feel 28 but I sometimes wish I was back to being 21.

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Dec 13 2015, 12:45 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(GingerbreadHaus @ Dec 13 2015, 01:40 AM) *

I see what you did there x

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Dec 13 2015, 12:48 AM
Post #8
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I'm 19 and I just presumed I looked/acted my age but apparently I come across older, I've been mistaken for being in my mid twenties and I have no idea why laugh.gif

I get what Jade means on the whole feeling 15 and also 65, sometimes I feel like I should still be in school and act like a big kid, my sense of humour can be quite childish at times I guess :') Also I'm quite happy sitting in reading a book with a cup of tea like a wee old lady than going out drinking or something a lot of the time laugh.gif

I think of myself being 19 and it just feels like an odd number, It's probably just because I'm moving out of being a teenager and into my twenties next August so I do feel sorta stuck in the middle at times if that makes sense :')

This post has been edited by SantasLindsleigh: Dec 13 2015, 12:50 AM

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Dec 13 2015, 12:53 AM
Post #9
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Yes and no. Yes in that I definitely don't feel 'young' any more (and haven't done for a few years, but certain EVENTS recently have all but killed any such notions stone dead), but no in that I've also always felt old beyond my years. Like in my mind I think my mid 30's is going to be when my life catches up to my mind/body and everything is in sync. Most people assume I'm about 30 anyway.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Dec 13 2015, 12:59 AM
Post #10
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(GingerbreadHaus @ Dec 13 2015, 12:40 AM) *

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll always feel young really. Age is just a number tbh. I don't care what the calendar says wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Dec 13 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #11
No wonder there's panic in this industry, I mean please...
Member No.: 67

I'm not 72.

So, no.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Dec 13 2015, 01:26 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(SantasLindsleigh @ Dec 13 2015, 12:48 AM) *
I'm 19 and I just presumed I looked/acted my age but apparently I come across older, I've been mistaken for being in my mid twenties and I have no idea why laugh.gif

I get what Jade means on the whole feeling 15 and also 65, sometimes I feel like I should still be in school and act like a big kid, my sense of humour can be quite childish at times I guess :') Also I'm quite happy sitting in reading a book with a cup of tea like a wee old lady than going out drinking or something a lot of the time laugh.gif

I think of myself being 19 and it just feels like an odd number, It's probably just because I'm moving out of being a teenager and into my twenties next August so I do feel sorta stuck in the middle at times if that makes sense :')

I felt like that at 19 too. It was a weird age, haha. 20 felt good though iirc. And I also understand about the sense of humour thing, although my sense of humour is kinda all over the place so I don't really know what age it would correspond to. Sometimes I just feel sort of ageless. When I was about 14 someone told me that I think like a 20 year old adult, I was always precocious I guess. It's confusing because I've always wanted to philosophise etc., even at a really young age, but then the next minute I go into a kind of silly mode tongue.gif

And I don't like how people may be expected to live up to a certain standard because of peoples' notions of what someone of that age should be, if you know what I mean. Like if you're a certain age then people may expect you to be a certain way but whatever they want that person to be may just not be natural for the person in question yet.

omg I remember when I was a moody teenager, like maybe 14, I used to sometimes think "omg I just WISH I was like 24 already, everything will be so much better then" :')

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Dec 13 2015, 02:37 AM
Post #13
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I'm 20, so I feel the agony of my age.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 13 2015, 04:24 AM
Post #14
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I feel my age in terms of being responsible for things, but I look younger than 24 which makes me feel younger as well. That doesn't really bother me though. Still being a student at my age feels rather weird, but I also feel weird about going to work every day and having to get used to that for the next 40 or so years. So it works both ways for me at this point. I'm quite comfortable in my 20s, and mid-20s is especially good if you can have the best of both worlds, young and old.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Dec 13 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #15
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I often feel older. My closest friends at the moment are early to mid thirties and I'm just 27. Plus ages don't feel too different to me. Ok, I may not feel completely 18 anymore but I could easily be myself at 23.

This reminds me of another phrase 'I don't know how to act my age, because I've never been this old before'.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Dec 13 2015, 09:57 AM
Post #16
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Turning 20 in less than a month and I think I do feel my age or slightly older. Already have a full time job which should be a career for life and I'd say I'm mature enough. It's as if my partying days are behind me, without ever actually happening laugh.gif

+Quote Post
(Zach)
post Dec 13 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #17
AKA LoveKiller
Member No.: 18,512

QUOTE(CodySleighBell-y @ Dec 13 2015, 02:37 AM) *
I'm 20, so I feel the agony of my age.

I understand the agony you speak of.

I'm 23 but have always felt a bit older and I know my friends, family, and co-workers see me as older too. I had to grow up very fast and started supporting myself the day I turned 18. I was the youngest sibling by quite a few years and I've worked with people much older than myself since I was 16. I knew that if I wanted a happy life I needed to get my $#!% together or I was going to end up homeless and miserable.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Dec 13 2015, 02:36 PM
Post #18
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I have generally felt a lot older than I am and not really on the same wavelength as others my age, I think it's mainly due to the fact that when I was a student clubbing/getting laid/spending loads of money on shit and the standard young people stuff never really appealed to me and I was happy to spend Saturday nights in and just have a few drinks at the pub for a night out. I'd never go partying, I feel far too old for it. Though I sometimes feel younger too in the sense I haven't got some life experience in various things like new roles so it's a bit of a mixed bag, sometimes I feel like 23 going on 75 but other times it's like I'm right back to my late teens.

This post has been edited by Cheznuts: Dec 13 2015, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Dec 14 2015, 10:43 AM
Post #19
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I feel so much older than I actually am (I turn 21 in January).

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Dec 14 2015, 10:49 AM
Post #20
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

I always feel younger in every day life, I even feel awkward when like buying coffee in a shop 'cause younger children aren't supposed to drink it. It's even worse when buying stuff like '15' rated DVDs and I have to be like 'oh no what if they ask for ID or something' laugh.gif it's quite odd because everyone around me in school seems older doing 'older' things I suppose, especially on here too where I'm one of the youngest. I feel like I'm more child than adult sometimes which is weird I suppose.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 02:49 PM