BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Steve Harvey screws up Miss Universe crowning, Is it too late now to say sorry
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
CodySleighBell-y
post Dec 21 2015, 05:12 AM
Post #1
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

http://abc11.com/entertainment/steve-harve...ageant/1130200/
LAS VEGAS -- Host Steve Harvey apologized after a major mixup during the Miss Universe 2015 pageant.

The Miss Universe contestant from the Philippines is this year's winner but for one brief moment, it appeared as if it might be a repeat win for Colombia.

Colombia contestant Ariadna Gutierrez Arevalo was already wearing the crown as this year's Miss Universe winner when host Steve Harvey returned to apologize.

Harvey says it was his mistake and that he would take responsibility for not reading the card correctly that named contestant Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach this year's winner and Colombia the first runner-up.

A mystified Wurtzbach appeared stunned as she walked to the front of the stage alongside the crown-wearing Arevalo before last year's Miss Universe from Colombia removed the crown and placed it on Wurtzbach's head instead.
Just about the same thing happened during Season 6 of Australia's Next Top Model, but that kinda leads to something - how big of a scandal should these mix-ups be? Steve Harvey has turned into a giant Internet meme and this will be something to talk about for years to come. What should become of his career?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2015, 06:56 AM
Post #2
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

It actually says "1st runner up" on the card!? Of course someone could misread that as "1st place" on first glance. The formatting on that card is just asking for confusion. I wouldn't say it should be a big scandal, it's already humiliating enough for those involved (edit: although I was kinda obsessed with listening to Aussie radio to hear their reactions when it happened over there kink.gif). As for Steve Harvey, I don't think it will ruin his career, but I'd be surprised if he hosts Miss Universe again.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Dec 21 2015, 06:57 AM
Post #3
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I saw on one tweet of the show that the teleprompter was wrong, and that the card was for show.

Pia was so graceful about it, but you can tell that the entire thing was that awkward.

Miss USA laughing her ass off tho *dead*

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Dec 21 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #4
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

It's a bit more public than the Aussie Top Model one but it'll probably blow over just about as quick.

Quite hilarious for everyone other than Ariadna though. Poor lass.

+Quote Post
RobBob
post Dec 22 2015, 01:37 PM
Post #5
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

Miss Colombia IS stunning though, as a total aside.

+Quote Post
Sugarplumberella
post Dec 22 2015, 03:19 PM
Post #6
controlo qualquer um com a minha bruxaria
Member No.: 9,403

miss colombia is hair goals tbh

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 12:57 PM