BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015: Your year in review~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Dec 26 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

So with Christmas over for another year and all eyes now turned on to 2016, what has your year been like in reflection? What have been your personal highs, your accomplishments, your sources of laughter and love and what hasn't quite gone as well as it could have?

For me (and I probably say this every year), it's been the biggest year imaginable - the year that I have finally started a career. I've been flitting from school to sixth form, to university 3 times for 3 courses but i'm finally done with education and have a full time job WITH salary *.* It's been incredibly exhausting, but wholly enjoyable and rewarding and i'm sure that i'm in it for the long time. Finally have money to spend on what I want and not worry too much about my odd expedenture. Also living away from home for the first time in a while has given me some much needed freedom.

Elsewhere, there have been a number of family problems across the year that will no doubt continue and worsen in 2016 but I have got through a lot with my immediate family and spent the entire summer with my family from Canada so it's been another good one. I've had a lot of meaningless dates but a few meaningful ones as I continue the quest to find a MAN (looking very hopeful with a guy i'm currently seeing but i'm not getting my hopes up too much). The year was also topped off with MADONNA; seeing my idol live, a life-long ambition of mine ticked off and it was no doubt the most memorable night of my life ever lol. Something I will cherish forever and ever~ SO in conclusion 2015 has been alright for me!

What about for you? ~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Dec 26 2015, 11:49 AM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Such a mixed year for me in reflection to be honest.

I've had some great times, 3 holidays to the Lake District, Cardiff and London that were thoroughly enjoyable and the London trip was an opportunity to participate in the once in a lifetime Star Wars secret cinema event which is massive for me. Also a new Star Wars film has left me *.* I've had amazing times with my colleagues turned best friends this year and from a professional point of view being elected teacher governor of my school has been exciting. Oh, and my mum and dad's new puppy Jake who is awesome.

But the year has been tinged with sadness. Personal sadness all revolving around dogs. My poor companion of nearly 17 years, Jack, passing away was probably the biggest personal loss I've ever felt (I recognise that I am extremely lucky this is the case) and I still tear up slightly thinking of him. And then there was the debacle with the rescue dog my parents took in during the Summer which was an extremely stressful and difficult time. Also so many of my friends have lost close family members this year and it's been heartbreaking. I've also been supporting a colleague whose shit of a husband cheated on her. School has been full of usual stresses but as we head to an inspection this has been worse of late.

2016-inspection is the main thing on my mind currently. Also a number of friends are expecting babies so I may be able to get in some practice with that kind of thing. The be healthy and happy by the end is all I ask for really.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Dec 26 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #3
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

The good:
• holiday to America for 5 weeks, probably the best one in my life so far (and in all honesty would be hard to beat).
• lots of good music (the lead up to and release of Avicii's 2nd album in particular)

The bad:
• having to think about the future (i.e. which university to go to, what course to do)
• my grades being less-than-amazing especially my D in music AS (and to a lesser extent C in my maths core 3 mock, as well as me doing my physics controlled assessment so badly that I have to do another one in the new year)

+Quote Post
Rob S
post Dec 26 2015, 12:20 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

The good things are going to my first festival - Download. The fact that I managed to see KISS was something I'll never forget having been a fan for a long time.
Seeing Lordi in Brighton was also incredible *.*
Getting my first job

The not good things
Having our family be apart. Me mum and younger sister are all close but yeah family arguments leading to being cut off from seeing our nieces etc isn't nice.
My lovely ginger cat Tom passed away in November at 18 years old. (Really impressive) but as he was my closest cat it's difficult to deal with him not being here anymore.

So an ok year overall.

This post has been edited by Rob's Sleigh: Dec 26 2015, 12:21 PM

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Dec 26 2015, 12:24 PM
Post #5
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

It's been a big year for many reasons, the first being that I've left school for good ohmy.gif Achieving the results I wanted after MONTHS and MONTHS of hard work was a real 'made it' moment and it showed me that if I work towards something and put all my willpower into it then I can achieve what I want. On the flip side the fact that university didn't work out the first time has been a lowlight, esp as that's what I thought I wanted for so long but I'm proud that I was able to take control of my life and decide what I really wanted at that moment in time. I feel 2015 has definitely been a 'coming of age' year where I've really focused on what I want to achieve and made active steps to reach those goals rather than drifting along that wave. Major highlight being starting my first serious relationship with someone I love dearly and that we're going strong into 2016 puts me in a good place. Medalling in the British Synchro Championships for the first time in January was also a great great moment and I'm hoping me and my team can replicate that this January in the category up! Getting my first proper job this year at Legoland has also been a highlight as I've stayed away from employment in the past due to self-confidence issues but that has worked out for me and I've met some great people and learnt so much about the world and the delights of the general public which is a great learning curve for me. Obviously there are lows that accompany those highs but I guess why focus on them when they're already in the past?

I'm excited for 2016! I know people slate the whole 'new year new me' attitude but I think why not make the most a fresh start and at least try to make some positive changes in your life? I've already made some resolutions which are actually quite personal this year so I won't be sharing them on here but I feel like I'm at a big turning point in my life transitioning from schoolboy to 'adult' (?!?!) and the environment around me is changing rapidly so who knows what 2016 has in store for me?

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Dec 26 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

I met Delta and saw her live! What more is there to say? ohmy.gif Other great gigs this year were The Veronicas, S Club 7 Saint Etienne, Rufus Wainwright, Eurovision Greatest Hits and the London Preview Party.

I also had a lovely summer holiday to Portugal for a friend's wedding and went to Cologne and Lucerne in Switzerland for the first time, both for work trips.

It's been a bit of an up and down year for my personal life, as work has been more hectic than I thought could be imaginable and I've probably had less than 20 days all year when I haven't had to do work of some sort. I need to get more of a life back next year and learn how to say no.

+Quote Post
M.
post Dec 26 2015, 01:57 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I was gonna create this thread on the 31st tongue.gif

2015 has been quite a fun year for me, one in which I grew in confidence in some ways, probably learned things about myself and made new friends, but also had some trouble with an existing friend and a family incident which I won't go into. I do think there has been a huge amount of focus on my online life this year, which has its positives and negatives. I became much more active on Buzzjack, started going on plug.dj etc, which has been largely fantastic, but I still haven't quite figured out my real life stuff as much as I would like to and probably should. At one point a few months ago I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue studying and started looking for jobs but nothing really felt right and decided to continue studying for now. What exactly happens when that's done, I'm still not sure. I've never exactly been a guy with a plan. This year I probably spent a lot of time pondering about my dream of working with music (even though that's not even what I'm studying - but do it as a hobby), but I have moments where it seems like a pipe dream more than anything else and that's something I just need to figure out.

Often I go back to Estonia for holidays during the summer, but this year I didn't go. Instead I spent too much time creating threads, posting a million times a day and not sleeping. Hoping to go next year, looking forward to seeing family members I have over there.

This year I also became much more interested in developing my romantic life etc, joined dating sites and have had some good conversations with people from those (though nothing has come of it yet really), but also one rather strange experience that left me scratching my head. Well, two actually.

My cat disappeared this year, which was sad of course. Also my dog had some health problems and they got sorted after a visit to the vet, but one of the problems is back now and it's frustrating.

It's been an interesting year. But I probably say that at the end of every year.

+Quote Post
RobBob
post Dec 26 2015, 02:16 PM
Post #8
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

I don't know how to review 2015 as a whole year, but I can review that the way I feel coming out of 2015 is one of the happiest I've ever felt. I've never really thought of myself as someone who needs a relationship to validate themselves, I've never even been in one before and this wasn't something that particularly bothered me, but even though I've only known my boyfriend since mid-September, I can honestly say I've rarely felt so consistently happy. I've always been quite a positive person, my mum's friends always say they can't imagine me ever being upset because I've always worn this facade to people, that I have to be the "joker of the group" or the one who entertains everyone because I'm quite an extrovert, but on my own, I haven't always felt so happy.

Almost single-handedly though, having my boyfriend who has become pretty much my best friend (and I've never really felt like I've had a true best friend), makes me smile every day without fail. I know this is all so self-indulgent, but as somebody who in October of last year was feeling really quite depressed, felt so unconfident in myself, was battling with my sexuality and I just didn't like myself or what I'd become. It's helped me, 12 months down the line, to reflect and see how that's changed and just by having someone, for the first time in my life, love me, make me feel appealing, wanted, good enough etc, is a MASSIVE thing to me.

There's things I could improve, my financial situation is getting worse, I'm not hugely motivated by my course and I could be putting a lot effort into it than I am, I could continue my blog to try and give myself some extra strings to my bow when it comes to leaving university. But, all in all, I feel happy, I'm happy with my friends, my house, feel confident that I'm in the right kind of lane with my career. POSITIVITY, YAY.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Dec 26 2015, 02:26 PM
Post #9
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

It's been a huge year for me. Finished my A levels and ended up with BBC grades which I was delighted with! Also got my first job as a teaching assistant which has been crazy but really enjoyable. Also, my 18th birthday, which happened during a week I was ill with some infection laugh.gif Still had a great day and it didn't stop me going out for a bit of shopping.

All that aside though, it's been a pretty normal year with regards to family and all that, not a great deal has happened on that front but that's not a bad thing. Been to loads of concerts too, which is basically my equivalent of a night out clubbing as I'm not into that kinda thing. Seen Charli XCX (twice), Meghan Trainor, Luke Friend, The Vamps (three times and got selfies with them once!), Cody Simpson, S Club 7, Hunter Hayes (twice), One Direction, James Bay, Years & Years and Troye Sivan, plus a short acoustic gig from Saint Raymond plus a pic with him. So grateful for the opportunities to see all those concerts, I've enjoyed each and every one. 1D and S Club stand out most though, I'd not seen 1D live before so it was a long time coming but certainly worth it, and S Club had been an even longer time coming, like 14 years laugh.gif

Overall, a really good year, I hope 2016 continues this (already booked six concerts ph34r.gif)

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Dec 26 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 26 2015, 02:26 PM) *
It's been a huge year for me. Finished my A levels and ended up with BBC grades which I was delighted with! Also got my first job as a teaching assistant which has been crazy but really enjoyable. Also, my 18th birthday, which happened during a week I was ill with some infection laugh.gif Still had a great day and it didn't stop me going out for a bit of shopping.

All that aside though, it's been a pretty normal year with regards to family and all that, not a great deal has happened on that front but that's not a bad thing. Been to loads of concerts too, which is basically my equivalent of a night out clubbing as I'm not into that kinda thing. Seen Charli XCX (twice), Meghan Trainor, Luke Friend, The Vamps (three times and got selfies with them once!), Cody Simpson, S Club 7, Hunter Hayes (twice), One Direction, James Bay, Years & Years and Troye Sivan, plus a short acoustic gig from Saint Raymond plus a pic with him. So grateful for the opportunities to see all those concerts, I've enjoyed each and every one. 1D and S Club stand out most though, I'd not seen 1D live before so it was a long time coming but certainly worth it, and S Club had been an even longer time coming, like 14 years laugh.gif

Overall, a really good year, I hope 2016 continues this (already booked six concerts ph34r.gif)

Quick question, do you always go with someone to all your concerts? Cause I am slightly envious of that number and I hope to see more live music next year but can't always find someone to go with or plan that far in advance sad.gif glad to hear you've had a good year though!

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Dec 26 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #11
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(TheVirginKlumary @ Dec 26 2015, 03:32 PM) *
Quick question, do you always go with someone to all your concerts? Cause I am slightly envious of that number and I hope to see more live music next year but can't always find someone to go with or plan that far in advance sad.gif glad to hear you've had a good year though!

I've been with someone to every concert I've attended so far, even if I've just dragged dad along laugh.gif but I'm going alone for the first time next year when I see Mariah Carey, which I don't mind really, I'm sure I'll have a perfectly good time on my own biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Dec 26 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #12
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

2015 was a bit of a mixed bag I guess! It'll certainly be a pivotal year to look back on though as it was the year I turned 18.

Let's get the bad out of the way~ I think this year I had to face the worst thing that's ever happened to me, which was losing my great grandma. I've been quite fortunate to not have experienced family deaths until now but it meant that I was totally unprepared for how awful this was going to be. I felt so so close to her, she's one of those one of a kind people that I'd always want to be around. It was just so sudden which is why it was hard to comprehend, and it really saddened me that it happened less than two weeks before I turned 18 'cause out of everyone I really wanted her to be there. Not a day goes by when I don't think about her, such an amazing woman. <3

That was basically the major negative of the year. Other than that it wasn't pleasant that one of my best friends was going through some really dark stuff, the fact that I stressed myself chronically over A2 exams and being in a car crash was quite scary too.

HOWEVER, the good now! I started off the year in a job I really loved and it felt so satisfying to leave on such a high as I proved to myself that I could withhold a job after thinking I would be totally useless at it. Soon after that I found out I had an unconditional offer for University and that was also a major thing for me. I ended up being a bit disappointed in myself for being way off my target grades for A2 but ultimately I had a place for Uni and that was great.

So the main change this year was of course University itself after finishing sixth form! Many sleepless nights were had over this as I didn't feel ready to suddenly be catapulted into higher education. However, I couldn't be happier with how things have gone so far. I'm loving my course and the challenges it throws my way basically every week and I'm blessed to have such a good group of friends around me.

Aside from the bad things that happened this year, I feel like I've generally been much happier due to the people I've surrounded myself with. Sixth Form ending meant that it was easy to get rid of all the morons from the past and just keep my close ones, my Uni friendships so far have been lovely and of course you guys. ;o Like Mattias touched upon, this has been a big year in terms of the internet as well! I feel like as well as all the people I've formed bonds with in real life, I'd consider a lot of you guys as friends too now! In particular 2015 has felt like the year where I've finally found someone who *gets* me and that I am very close to indeed, and that would of course be Bray. Very thankful for all the people in my life in 2015 that have been amazing support. <3

So yeah, I guess 2015 was one filled with quite a bit of personal achievement. I feel like I'm slowly building my confidence through my journalism course and pushing myself to do things to tackle social awkwardness, such as a couple of clubbing nights out which the idea of had previously terrified me. There was great loss but also a lot of great new people entering my life this year as well. Here's to 2016~

+Quote Post
LexC
post Dec 26 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #13
unofficially fabulous
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

Like everyone else said, 2015 is hard to define for me because it was a mixed bag and also because 2013/14 to me were the big years that I started/ended lots of things and 2016 is another big one of those years and so 2015 is just awkwardly there in the middle. Overall though, I'd say that 2015 was a big year. Uni has mostly been going really well, feel like I've got a really good strong group of friends there now. The things I'd feel down about at this point in my life I'd say I still had last year and, I suppose, never really go away.

Overall I'd give 2015 a solid 7/10 and I'm very much looking forward to a great 2016.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Dec 26 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #14
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Well, it's been a good year I think. Like I always seem to I have become a bit more confident in myself over the year and there are some things I wouldn't have done so easily at the start of the year that I'm fine with doing now, and I have even made a few friends that I hang out with semi-regularly for when my introvert tendencies want to lose some of their cabin fever so socially, in real life, it's actually gone really good for me. Still single and that's looking unlikely to change in the near future but for various reasons I actually feel like I really want to get started about pursuing a relationship. I was hoping it'd happen sooner or later, I've never really felt a big push to go searching before, it was always 'if it falls into my lap, it happens' and that never happened, but now I kinda do and with a goal in mind, I may (emphasis on may, this may not even happen next year, but at least I'm starting) find someone I want to spend all my time with. Seriously, for me, that's a positive.

Academically-wise, graduating was a highlight, especially with a good university grade that I can be proud of (even if it is a BA, it's a GOOD BA). It means I have a real achievement in the bag if ever my skills totally fail me and hopefully, by this time next year, I'll have an MA to add to that, I'm really glad I got on this new international politics course, I'm enjoying it a lot, I'm learning a lot about the workings of foreign policies and international organisations and in general, social sciences, and it is a field I would be very happy to get a job in if my plans to become a gaming and/or writer and/or music superstar don't work out (spoiler: they won't, eh, maybe I could keep the writing thing on the side). For once, again, I feel like I'm narrowing down my future and as nice as it was to keep it open for a long time, this feels good. My undergrad dissertation gave me one of the most stressful and shut-in months I've ever had in my life in April but to come out of it the other side with a good score and an achievement behind my back, I'm cool with that.

And it has been a good year on the entertainment front too, I've kept up several rock and indie loves in music, although I'm becoming less patient and more ranty about stuff I don't like, which has got to be a sign I'm getting old (send help), but I've also really ignited my love of anime off this year as well as continuing to expand my cultural horizons in other areas. Things have kept me entertained which is much better than that not being the case.

I guess... up until I finished my degree work in May it was quite a stressful year but since then it's been up and up and I'm happy it's like that, better that then a shit end to the year and the bad stuff was just getting an achievement done. I feel pretty happy right now, which is why I'm looking back on it as a good year.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Dec 26 2015, 04:42 PM
Post #15
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

QUOTE(TheVirginKlumary @ Dec 26 2015, 03:32 PM) *

Go on your own! I always do it when it's an artist I'm really passionate about. Means you can just let go and not worry about if the other person is enjoying it or anything like that. I also cry uncontrollably when it's an artist I really love so I have no inhibitions about that either, but not sure if you're the crying type Lol. But seriously once you get over the initial awkward feeling that you're alone you start to enjoy yourself and soon forget there's noone else there.

Saying that, I am going to see Janet with Jay so he'll be able to see me in all my crying glory and probably wish he was alone heehee.gif

Your year has been a crazy one Patrick! I remember it being quite shaky and all over the place in September sad.gif but I am glad it all seems to have worked out for the best in the end wub.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Dec 26 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 26 2015, 03:46 PM) *
I've been with someone to every concert I've attended so far, even if I've just dragged dad along laugh.gif but I'm going alone for the first time next year when I see Mariah Carey, which I don't mind really, I'm sure I'll have a perfectly good time on my own biggrin.gif

QUOTE(GingerbreadHaus @ Dec 26 2015, 04:42 PM) *
Go on your own! I always do it when it's an artist I'm really passionate about. Means you can just let go and not worry about if the other person is enjoying it or anything like that. I also cry uncontrollably when it's an artist I really love so I have no inhibitions about that either, but not sure if you're the crying type Lol. But seriously once you get over the initial awkward feeling that you're alone you start to enjoy yourself and soon forget there's noone else there.

Saying that, I am going to see Janet with Jay so he'll be able to see me in all my crying glory and probably wish he was alone heehee.gif

Your year has been a crazy one Patrick! I remember it being quite shaky and all over the place in September sad.gif but I am glad it all seems to have worked out for the best in the end wub.gif

The thought of going alone is scary! Maybe that's something to add to the bucket list which may get ticked off in 2016 ohmy.gif Not sure I'm quite devoted to my artists enough to be in floods of tears over them but there's so many acts I'd like to see live! Looking back on 2015 it has been quite crazy and I've only just realised that by writing that post earlier!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 26 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #17
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

First half was pretty up and down, because obviously it was A2 coursework/mocks exams. Also not a great tme in my personal life, it was a case of so near but so far in terms of getting away for uni, I was not in a great place from about March/April until I left in September.

Going onto that, the big positive! Starting uni and the first few months of being there has been possibly the best few months of my life. I've made the best friends, whilst I do love my friends at home they never reply to things, never want to do anything etc., and it's brilliant when the best people are just round the corner and if you're bored you can just go and watch a film with them or something. Of course "actual" uni life has been hectic and busy with work etc. but I love the social aspect and jus being independent and, without being dismissive of anyone at home, being away from everything. In just a few months I've made the best friends and felt like I achieved something in my life - getting into uni and keeping on top of things, getting some good grades etc. It's ending a bit shit with Christmas, but I'm gonna make sure I'm going into 2016 strong on NYE biggrin.gif

As for the gig thing, I think I'd probably go alone if it was one of my faves laugh.gif When I saw Marina I went with my best friend who is even more of a stan than I am, but I think if it was Taylor, Demi, Kelly Clarkson etc., unless I was with someone who was as much of a fan, I'd probably rather go alone laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Dec 26 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #18
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

2015 has definitely been an interesting year for me! I went into the new year so not very optimistic, I felt like everything was going wrong etc. However, in early 2015 I grew even closer with my friendship group, and started to feel more confident. I've done so many things this year, that I never thought I could have done smile.gif I managed to pass my driving test, I volunteered as a classroom assistant in a GCSE Spanish class, and I went campaigning with my local MP, this one I'm especially proud of, as I used to be SO shy at talking to strangers- definitely over that now laugh.gif

Of course there have been low moments, e.g I didn't do quite as well as I hoped in my AS exams, but the highlights of this year have just made those worries feel much more insignificant rolleyes.gif

Highlights of this year have been visiting Belgium/France WWI sites, which was a really interesting experience, and of course all the concerts I have been to! Taylor Swift, Florence + The Machine, Marina & the Diamonds to name a few heart.gif

Of course I also can't mention 2015, without mentioning Buzzjack, as it's the year I joined you all biggrin.gif I've already made so many amazing friends on this site and I can't wait to get to know more of you in the new year smile.gif

I'm excited for 2016! biggrin.gif

P.S. 2015 marks the 5 year anniversary of #Lottsey

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Dec 26 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #19
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

It's probably been the toughest year I've been through. 'Mixed bag' sums it up quite well as there was very much ups and downs. Academic-wise, it went really well for the most part - I loved my trip to Berlin in the first part of the year and being part of a film festival and I also made some new friends, and a few days ago I got my Merit confirmed and finished every essay with at least 60% so that's something to be proud of. The summer completely passed me by this year, three months of research, writing and Disney films and academic texts! It was hectic but it was definitely worth it, even if it did put me off the idea of a PhD for a while! I also got some professional experience in the BFI as a researcher which also went well and was a great task, shame it didn't lead to something permanent but I suppose that's something to chase up in the new year...

Otherwise, I have been struggling, these last three months in particular after finishing have been very hard in finding a job. I've not really been certain where to go and have had opportunities but they've all just fell through and it's annoying and sometimes upsetting, leading me to often feel a little bit insecure and unsure about my future, and it's never really great ending the year on a negative. I know that it's just graduate stress and it's only been three months, but...idk really, it's just still hard. Money's not TOO much of an issue as it stands and I do have voluntary/temp work to do, it's just I need something more. But I guess this is something I can do better when I start afresh in 2016. My cat and my dog also passed away this year after having them for seven and twelve years respectively, which, well, wasn't great to say the least but honestly I had been anticipating it, friends have been harder to keep in contact with, but I still am at least with some of them and I plan to hold on to those as I have felt a bit lonely at points in the year, and I'm still close to my family of course. And I have had the chance to interact and get to know people on here a bit better, which has made this site really quite important in my life and somewhere I can go when feeling down, I hope to keep that up into the next year <3.

By far my proudest achievement this year, alongside achieving my Masters, was when I facilitated an adult's class in Creative Writing and this ended in a chapbook with my own work and my students'. I felt like I really did something right there.

Basically, waffle aside, it's been tough and some of this is quite melancholic, but there's been enough positive happen to me this year to allow me to keep that positive attitude going into 2016, which will undeniably be tough as well but I hope I'll be ready face it. Above all, I just want next year to be fulfilling, a job is a suitable aim but I do want to enjoy life as much as possible.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Dec 26 2015, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Dec 26 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #20
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Chez, a significant amount of time passed between my sister interning at the BFI to her actually getting a job there. They'll remember you and will probably give you the heads up should a position become available.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 10:54 PM