BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hopes for 2016
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Christmas Cherry...
post Dec 31 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

So, what are you all hoping to get from 2016?

This can be in terms of resolutions of course, but also in a larger sense.

I've set myself a New Year resolution to save half of what I earn every week (I get paid weekly, I seem to be the only one unsure.gif) as my savings account is pretty dire atm. However in a broader sense I hope in 2016 I will be able to pass my A Levels, get into Uni, and try to stay (relatively~) happy biggrin.gif I also hope that I get to see Lana on tour again (if she EVER decides to release UK dates again sad.gif)

Discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob S
post Dec 31 2015, 11:51 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Hmm I've given up doing Resolutions as I barely stick to them kink.gif
3 things mostly for me would be finding a band, going on holiday (not sure where but we've talked about it in the family now as before we couldn't exactly go whilst looking after our elderly cat) & shed some weight (I've tried it a few times already but I'm more determined with getting it down now)
Oh and of course to be happier too!
P.s. that signature is adorable Lotti <3 <3

This post has been edited by Rob S~: Dec 31 2015, 12:00 PM

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Dec 31 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #3
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Dec 31 2015, 11:37 AM) *
also hope that I get to see Lana on tour again (if she EVER decides to release UK dates again sad.gif)

I'm still waiting for Lana to tour in the UK when I can actually see her cry.gif cry.gif Still haven't seen her and getting desperate now laugh.gif

Anyway I want to do well in my first year of GCSE's and yeah good health and year and all those things!

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Dec 31 2015, 11:58 AM
Post #4
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

I don't do resolutions as such but I have a couple of hopes of things I'd like to happen next year, would be nice if I could move out of my current one bedroom in a shared house and into a bigger place (preferably self-contained / not living with people I didn't previously know) sometime after May when I get a big pay bump. I also want to visit somewhere new abroad (always seem to end up at some Spanish resort with my parents and I want something different), would prefer not to go alone though.

Would also be nice if once I graduate my apprenticeship in late April that my permanent work location is somewhere in central London but that's not really within my control and more up to what my manage decides.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Dec 31 2015, 12:05 PM
Post #5
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I hope I get decent grades and at least a few university offers.

Also want to go to at least one music concert or festival as I didn't go to any this year (mostly because I had a 5-week USA holiday)

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Dec 31 2015, 12:10 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I used to always make the same resolution every year, to lose weight but I rarely had much success with it so last year I decided to set a goal that would bring me happiness rather than frustration laugh.gif it was just to see as many of my favourite bands live as I could and tbh I think I'm just gonna keep that as something I want to do every year.

My main focus for next year atm is to get onto the next year of my course. I really do need to try and save money too though laugh.gif I want to visit more new places and get to know more people, find something to put my time into that's not work or college happy.gif

I'm also determined to make 2016 the year lottsey meet, we will find away wink.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Dec 31 2015, 12:13 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

This is the last year of my course so am hoping everything will go alright with that and that I will find a job that suits me that I'm happy with. Hoping to move house also as I'm not entirely happy with my current living situation and this is something that I have been thinking about for a long time so it's kinda about time it happened. Would be really really nice also if something of note happened on the romantic front too. Oh and hopefully going for holidays to Estonia next year as I didn't go this year.

This post has been edited by Mattias: Dec 31 2015, 12:47 PM

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Dec 31 2015, 12:14 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Get a teaching job in the UK and move there is one of my main priorities.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Dec 31 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Dan_ @ Dec 31 2015, 12:05 PM) *
(mostly because I had a 5-week USA holiday)

That was the hope I was forgetting laugh.gif Hoping to have at least a 3-week/a month tour around America in the summer heart.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Dec 31 2015, 12:21 PM
Post #10
feminist icon

QUOTE(UltraChristmas @ Dec 31 2015, 11:54 AM) *
I'm still waiting for Lana to tour in the UK when I can actually see her cry.gif cry.gif Still haven't seen her and getting desperate now laugh.gif

Anyway I want to do well in my first year of GCSE's and yeah good health and year and all those things!

oh my god I just checked Twitter and song kick currently has UK lana tour dates for 2016!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Dec 31 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Dec 31 2015, 12:21 PM) *
oh my god I just checked Twitter and song kick currently has UK lana tour dates for 2016!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Where is this omg! ohmy.gif
So hope this is true heart.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Dec 31 2015, 12:24 PM
Post #12
feminist icon

QUOTE(UltraChristmas @ Dec 31 2015, 12:22 PM) *
Where is this omg! ohmy.gif
So hope this is true heart.gif

https://www.songkick.com/artists/8682284-la...o-tour/calendar

I'm trying not to get too excited until lana announces them but omg please cry.gif

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Dec 31 2015, 12:26 PM
Post #13
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Hopefully, graduate with a good degree and find something on the job front. Also, hoping that at least something can start regarding a relationship.

It's going to be an odd year.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Dec 31 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #14
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Maurice @ Dec 31 2015, 12:14 PM) *
Get a teaching job in the UK and move there is one of my main priorities.

One Direction mods to become London housemates friends.gif

(And then we can try the tasty looking food that you keep sending snaps of ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Dec 31 2015, 01:41 PM
Post #15
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

Don't make resolutions, but I'd like to visit at least two new countries and keep up with my fitness & muscle building goals.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Dec 31 2015, 01:46 PM
Post #16
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I hope that I can do reasonably well in my exams in 2016! I think just getting on with Uni work for the rest of first year and of course second year from September onwards will be the main focus - getting as much out of my course as I can.

I may try and start driving lessons before I turn 19, 'cause despite not really needing to drive yet it'd be a huge personal achievement. We'll see though 'cause it'll be quite a bit of money for something that's not really essential for me yet.

Other than that I want to stay happy and healthy - as per usual it's the annual resolution of trying to sort out my mess of a diet. I'm happy with the people I'm leaving 2015 with and hope I can end 2016 with them too.

(Oh and what Lindsey said but replace Lottsey with Brade. At some point. The world will not be ready. *.*)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 31 2015, 03:09 PM
Post #17
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Doing well in uni mainly I suppose, which hasn't started off well as I'm not starting my 1,500 word essay until the 2nd tbh and I then have a report as well.... But it's the quality of the time not quantity xo

Losing weight is one I always say too, but living at uni and being independent financially doesn't make that easy and it fails enough every other year laugh.gif I'd also say a relationship but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Dec 31 2015, 03:24 PM
Post #18
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I don't do resolutions but I DO have some clear aims - I'd like to get a permanent full time job, ideally something I can stick with in the long term. I'm scared for next year as it's gonna be so hard achieving and will be my first year out of education entirely, but if I can fulfill that aim and I enjoy it, I will be very happy. I also hope to work on my people skills and maintaining friendships, I say this every year really but this is an especially important time to try and fix this.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Dec 31 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #19
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I'm in training for my first ever triathlon ( swam a mile on 23rd December and Boxing Day), and I also hope to cycle from coast-to-coast across France (whilst sampling lots of the available cheese and wine, naturally) in early summer.

Other than that it would be great if Donald Trump walked into a bottomless pit, the world came together to support the refugees fleeing the civil war in Syria, the Conservative party had an out-and-out civil war over the EU question resulting in a capitulation of the entire party and house prices fell by around 50%.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 06:16 AM