BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Resolutions 2016
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
5 Silas Frřkner
post Jan 2 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Aloha Buzzjack!

As is tradition at this time of year it's time for the annual new years resolutions thread! Hurrah!

However, this year we're going to be doing things a little different. We're going to have a resolutions tracker to help us all stay on track this year and stay on the straight on and narrow.

My resolution this year is to give up fizzy juice, sugary snacks and take out from when I get back from Oslo until I go to Stockholm. (Jan 9th to May 10th)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jan 2 2016, 10:56 PM
Post #2
unofficially fabulous
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

Well much of my time/life is going to be swallowed up with the final few months of Uni so a general aim for the year is to do as well as I can with that. Hopefully starting on an MA in September so my life will have something resembling a structure still.

Usually I have the standard 'get fit/loose weight' but this year I want to alter that slightly to 'be healthy/love self' since that will probably save on the money and feelings of inadequacy when I pack in a gym membership in March.

On a slightly related note, I want to have gone on at least a few date/meet things by this time next year, even if they go nowhere just so I can chalk it up to experience.

And lastly but not by any means at all least I want to be a bit better with money and not so freely expunge money.

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Jan 2 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

How sad as it may sounds I'm actually ready for a relationship this year. Whether this is with a boy or a girl.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jan 2 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #4
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

My New Year's resoulution is find myself a guy sad.gif

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Jan 3 2016, 12:04 AM
Post #5
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

I'm hoping to get better sleep and be able to not want to stay in bed when the alarm goes off.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 3 2016, 12:10 AM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My main resolution for this year is healthier eating, and this has gone so-so, so far. Early days though!!1

(also working harder at exams and sustaining a relationship for a whole year for the first time x (<3))

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jan 3 2016, 12:17 AM
Post #7
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

Most of my resolutions are boring ones to do with work but a big personal one of mine (and this will sound weird) is to be a bit more... self-assured and do things that make me happy rather than trying to please others when it's at my own detriment. This has mainly come about through interactions with my housemate primarily, and I need it to change when I go back so I can enjoy myself more away from work.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jan 3 2016, 12:41 AM
Post #8
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I did this last year in my resolutions for about a month but I want to be getting up earlier and not going to bed so late because this sleeping pattern is getting pretty nightmarish for actually getting anything productive done. What made me give it up last time was that I was aligning it to sunrise times and eventually that got too early. So I won't do that this time even though it's quite cool.
I guess also less time-wasting and more work will be in order. And getting back into my exercise rhythm once the warmer weather swings around, I was getting really good at it and it's slipped as cold weather has made it unpleasant to go outside.

Oh and make a proper attempt to get a girlfriend at least ONCE this year. I think that's quite necessary for me and my future confidence, which is at an all-time high in myself at least, I want it to keep going up so that's the next step. I can't just always sit around hoping it'll happen, I need to go out there and try.

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Jan 3 2016, 12:51 AM
Post #9
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Well I already achieved one of my resolutions (i.e. clarifying the situation with Jade :x)

My other main one is just to start putting more work into uni in general/the exams I have coming up in just over a week (gah) which so far is still yet to start drama.gif Heading back to uni tomorrow which will hopefully finally kickstart some sort of motivation.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jan 3 2016, 12:56 AM
Post #10
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Every year I'm always determined to lose weight, but I think this year I'll focus on just eating better. My general eating habit is go all day on an empty stomach and then have dinner, except if I get a lunch hour at work or I'm at college I will have a decent lunch, it's not even a conscious thing of "oh no, can't eat now, I'll wait until I get dinner", it just kinda happens and I know how bad it is to eat like that, so my health is really my main focus resolution wise, I'm very lackadaisical with my medication too, I've been putting off speaking to my doctor about changing it for about a year now so It's time I got my shit together and sorted that out laugh.gif

Generally I just want to be a happier person and not be so anxious about putting myself out there in any respect so that's definitely something I will try to do as well, and be better at keeping in touch with people when I don't see them often kink.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Jan 3 2016, 12:57 AM

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jan 3 2016, 01:02 AM
Post #11
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I don't set firm resolutions, but I am gonna try and stick with aims this year - first...get a job, I mean I really hope that's one that will happen before the end of the year, whether it's a potential career or not, but still that is the main one I'll be devoting my life too for the first few months.

I guess others would be fix my sleep pattern (that should come hand in hand with the job) and really work on my people/interviewing skills and maintaining friendships as that perhaps has been holding me back in 2015.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jan 3 2016, 01:46 AM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

I actually made a New Years Resolution this year... [even though I think its for pathetic people who don't have a backbone any other time of the year so wait for NYE to make a resolution they can't even be bothered to keep]

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 3 2016, 03:11 AM
Post #13
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I guess just try harder at uni in general. And hopefully get a job, although being back and forth for uni (psych being a doss course and finishing earlier bc no exams etc) makes that difficult to do until summer really. I never try to kid myself with healthy eating or gym, I know i'd have one apple on NYD and be like "omg goin so well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" then devour everything at an all you can eat the next day and stop all year, I don't have the mtivation laugh.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Jan 3 2016, 03:41 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I don't particularly make really firm New Year's resolutions, but there are probably always things I want to work on and it probably is natural to reflect on those a little when the year is about to end/a new one has just begun.

It's ironic that I'm typing this at 3am but while my sleep is better than it was a few months ago, it's still not exactly where I would like it to be. I still tend to stay up really late so so often just because I can't be bothered to go to bed or just want to be actually doing something all the time, lol. So that could be sorted out a little. Also, like others have said, I really want a relationship. Also a job would be a good idea this year since my course finishes soon and I know that would make me feel like I've accomplished something and am doing something good.
Maybe also to keep up with music a little better this year. Last year I probably took quite a long time to make an effort to listen to things I might potentially like. Really should work on my own music more too as I've been neglecting that lately too.
I've stopped exercising like I used to so would be kinda really good to start doing that again. Although a lot of people would like to lose weight while I would probably like to gain a bit actually. There isn't a big need for it or anything, but sometimes it seems I have lost some weight when that wasn't a goal or necessary and I don't want to waste away, lol.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jan 3 2016, 05:19 AM
Post #15
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I have three ideas for this year: to take more pictures, give more compliments, and give more hugs. The hugs one is a little weird but it's something I don't do very often and want to get more comfortable with. I'm having a minor crisis about wanting to live with no regrets so being a more loving person and making others feel good is becoming more important to me. I love looking at old photos and reliving the memories attached to them and realized I don't have as many pictures from the past few years, especially pictures with other people so I want to take more of those. In order to do that I'll actually need a camera (the one on my phone is crap) so better get on that tongue.gif. If I can accomplish just one of these I'll be happy but will try for two or maybe even all three.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 09:04 PM