BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do You Keep Track Of Your Music?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tombo
post Jan 5 2016, 09:53 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543

With literally millions of songs at our disposal via streaming services, how do you keep track of all the music your into and keep track of new releases?

I make playlists of songs I like but they usually end up becoming really long.

I also keep a playlist of my 40 favourite songs from my chart.

What do y'all do?

I feel like there is so much I like that I lose track of some of it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Jan 5 2016, 10:16 AM
Post #2
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I still download music from itunes and have a going to work playlist of songs i enjoy and change them on a weekly basis taking out the tracks im bored of. I usually have around 15-20 tracks.

I also download albums and listen to them each week making a chart up for both at the end of the week. I still work Monday-Sunday!

I also have a record player and buy vinyls of classic albums once a month.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 5 2016, 10:49 AM
Post #3
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

I still buy through iTunes, I also buy physical albums so that I always have a copy tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Jan 5 2016, 11:28 AM
Post #4
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

ive not had a computer for a few years so I'm gutted at the amount of songs I'll probably never remember to download if/when I do get one

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jan 5 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I've been really into Spotify these past few months, when it was a very rare occasion for me to use it previously. I used to buy music off iTunes a lot, but now I'm thinking about limiting that, maybe only buying the things I really want to own and listening to everything else on Spotify or YouTube.

I also use last.fm to keep track of what I listen to, but my stats are inaccurate in places so am thinking of resetting it, actually.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jan 5 2016, 01:34 PM
Post #6
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Just giant playlists, which I will get back when my computer's fixed. I've been living off Spotify so now my music taste is a little more fresh.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 5 2016, 02:31 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I use Spotify for playlists to keep track of everything, and it is my largest music source these days. I will download songs off iTunes though for them to go on my iPod when I have a bit of a spending spree every few months. I also have physical CD and record formats for albums I REALLY like.

Having a personal chart was a really great way to keep on top of new songs I like, should reboot that in 2016.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jan 5 2016, 02:40 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

I have one long playlist which includes all of my current favourites at the top (in a rough order), followed by a load of new songs I've downloaded and want to listen to, followed by all the new albums I've downloaded or bought recently that I need to listen to.

I have tons of other playlists for my all time faves, faves of each year etc...and I pretty much split my listening time 50/50 between old and new stuff.

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Jan 5 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #9
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I usually just remember them off the top of my head and search them into YouTube to listen to, and when I listen to a song a couple of times YouTube puts it on my homepage so I can just click on it, but after reading this thread I've been inspired to start using Spotify more.

I do have a playlist of a few random songs on my laptop which I sometimes put on but that's mostly full of songs that're a few months old and not really my type any more.

I now intend to go back to using Spotify like I did in early 2015.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jan 5 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #10
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I store all my music on my iPod, and make playlists on that. I plug it into the computer and listen to all my music through it too.

(this reminds me, should back it up soon)

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Jan 5 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #11
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I use Spotify a lot, especially to discover new music. I also kinda use it to "test run" albums, like if I like one song by a particular band or artist, I'll add the whole album that it's from to my library, if I then really like the album I'll buy a physical copy of it and add it to my iTunes as well, if I end up only really liking one song then there's a good chance I'll purchase it through iTunes, I tend to buy EPs through iTunes too since they're not as available physically the way full albums are. I've bought the odd album on iTunes but it just doesn't feel right not having it sitting on a rack with your other CDs but its still part of your digital collection tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Jan 5 2016, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jan 5 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #12
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

iTunes is still the centre, to keep a permanent record of all the tracks I have at my disposal, otherwise I'd easily forget a lot, through CDs or buying them online. Which is probably more than I want to listen to but I have plenty of tracks there now. I have a few dedicated playlists for good shuffles.

I've just started using Spotify a bit more regularly to listen to a few albums I've meaning to get around, I then save them so that if I ever get the chance and I liked them enough I can add them to iTunes. Other than that I use Youtube a lot to check out songs and make a note of them if I want to add them to iTunes.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jan 5 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jan 5 2016, 05:54 PM) *
iTunes is still the centre, to keep a permanent record of all the tracks I have at my disposal, otherwise I'd easily forget a lot, through CDs or buying them online. Which is probably more than I want to listen to but I have plenty of tracks there now. I have a few dedicated playlists for good shuffles.

I've just started using Spotify a bit more regularly to listen to a few albums I've meaning to get around, I then save them so that if I ever get the chance and I liked them enough I can add them to iTunes. Other than that I use Youtube a lot to check out songs and make a note of them if I want to add them to iTunes.

I do exactly this biggrin.gif (apart from buying physicals though)
Spent the last year subscribed to several Youtube channels and I've made some massive discoveries music.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jan 6 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #14
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

QUOTE(Christmaseve201 @ Jan 5 2016, 10:16 AM) *
I still download music from itunes and have a going to work playlist of songs i enjoy and change them on a weekly basis taking out the tracks im bored of. I usually have around 15-20 tracks.h.

Same for me with this. Except I don't have iTunes.

+Quote Post
Jacobauble
post Jan 6 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #15
Merry Christmas <3
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I've got close to 13000 songs on iTunes, (a large amount of it I actually bought on CD or digitally over 4 or 5 years now, most of the rest is from music swaps with friends or Iz) and that's after I cut out a whole load in 2014, whatever I want to listen to, it's usually there. If it's not I obtain it, why start streaming when I've got such a huge collection?

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: Jan 6 2016, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Jan 6 2016, 10:50 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I have Spotify premium and I use Spotify a lot since The Beatles discography is on there. I still discover new music on the old fashioned way the radio. And sometimes on social media.

+Quote Post
vidsanta
post Jan 8 2016, 10:34 AM
Post #17
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

I just use my iPod to keep track.

I use Spotify only for occasional songs, so nothing to keep track of.

This post has been edited by vidcapper: Jan 8 2016, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 07:42 PM