BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Saddest Time Of Your Life?, share yo stories </3
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Houdini
post Jan 5 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

The counterpart to Bre's thread & because life is not always a bud of roses.

For me it was probably when my Granddad passed away in 2003, it was hard enough for me to cope with but at a young age having to console my parents and offer emotional support was also really tough.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jan 5 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Losing my gran in July 2014. Totally out of the blue and really messed me up for a few months.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jan 5 2016, 04:23 PM
Post #3
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

When my Grandad died when I was 7 and my pet fish dying out of the blue are probably my saddest moments cry.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jan 5 2016, 04:42 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

The second half of 2009. Utterly and entirely awful, from failing assessments at work to having depression, topped off with my dog dying unexpectedly on Xmas Day sad.gif

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Jan 5 2016, 04:46 PM
Post #5
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Probably when I got a knock on the door from the neighbour telling me they'd found our cat who had been run over (he survived the accident but unfortunately was more or less paralysed so had to be put down a few days later). cry.gif

(I don't remember how long ago this was, I think it was around 2007/8).

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Jan 5 2016, 04:46 PM
Post #6
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

2010/11. first year of uni and the year of the panic attack

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Jan 5 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #7
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I think my worst overall time was 2004 when I started year 7 - I was shy and an easy target and was taken advantage of badly and bullied and was often isolated from my friends as well and felt generally really lonely. Things got a lot better after that thankfully, and it taught me a lot of life lessons.

Also my budgie's very unexpected death in 2008 was pretty horrible, never cried so much. As was my dog and cat passing away last year.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jan 5 2016, 04:48 PM

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jan 5 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #8
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

late 2009:

though I am happy to live where I am now it was very difficult to settle in, having moved from literally the other side of the world (Australia). I had lost all my childhood friends from there and as the time zones are really different keeping in touch was impossible, though I still regularly talk to my grandmother from there as we/she actually make an effort to speak to each other. Also starting a new school in year 7 was a difficult period as secondary-school culture is quite different (and of course being in a different country...) and I was one of the unpopular kids and was stressed about not making any friends. (now I still don't have friends at school but I don't care, and I haven't been bullied in years)

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Jan 5 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #9
Feliz Navidadbod
Member No.: 19,585

Losing one of my best friends in 2014. He just passed away so unexpectedly mere weeks before we all finished university.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jan 5 2016, 05:12 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dan_ @ Jan 5 2016, 05:08 PM) *
late 2009:

though I am happy to live where I am now it was very difficult to settle in, having moved from literally the other side of the world (Australia). I had lost all my childhood friends from there and as the time zones are really different keeping in touch was impossible, though I still regularly talk to my grandmother from there as we/she actually make an effort to speak to each other. Also starting a new school in year 7 was a difficult period as secondary-school culture is quite different (and of course being in a different country...) and I was one of the unpopular kids and was stressed about not making any friends. (now I still don't have friends at school but I don't care, and I haven't been bullied in years)

Are you Australian? ohmy.gif Or just lived there?

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jan 5 2016, 05:22 PM
Post #11
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I lived there from late 2005 to late 2009. Born in England~

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jan 5 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 5 2016, 04:46 PM) *
Probably when I got a knock on the door from the neighbour telling me they'd found our cat who had been run over (he survived the accident but unfortunately was more or less paralysed so had to be put down a few days later). cry.gif

(I don't remember how long ago this was, I think it was around 2007/8).

Argh! :'( This is why I don't allow my cat to go outside.

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Jan 5 2016, 05:35 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I had 2 sad times tbh, in 2001 i lost my best friend in a car accident. in 2005 my uncle died and my mum got breast cancer.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 5 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My saddest moment of course was my great grandma passing away on 23rd July 2015, as I've told you all the story before. She was 93 so I knew it had to be coming sometime soon but it was how unexpected it was. Like, I was told she was really ill about 2 days before she passed away, so of course we flew to Spain to spend her our final days with her, and she passed away when we were just 5 minutes away from the hospital ;_; to make things worse the flight was delayed by about 15 minutes. Anyway yeah I've never ever cried so much, had a bit of a break down in front of everyone and the funeral was unbearable, just felt like I'd lost my best friend, really really tough. Will never associate that with her though, I just look back on all the fond memories and carry her with me everywhere <3

I am actually lucky to have not had many sad times despite that. The only other major one I can think of is my previous cat Daisy passing away on New Year's Day 2012, quite hard to deal with, especially only being 14.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 5 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #15
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Probably most of 2014 and the first half or so of 2015.

2014 was mostly awful, started it off having lost my best friend since year 7 over something stupid, he still hates me now and while I personally wouldn't go that far I'm not his biggest fan still tongue.gif Apart from that, home life was awful. I've lived with foster parents on and off since late 2010 and that got really strained, they were just c**ts to me a lot of the time, invasive and nosy when they didn't need to be. I could hardly do anything without them misconstruing it, which kind of led to self fulfilling prophecies in some cases. There was the stress of A Levels too and then the jump to A2 in the latter half. For the first half of 2015 it was still pretty bad but better in places, it was more a case of being so near yet so far in terms of getting away and going to uni, I just couldn't wait to go and it was so soon but still so far away.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 5 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #16
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

The saddest time of my life was assumably when my great-granddad passed away in the early 2000's, but I was too young to really understand what was going on then and my memories are generally vague, although my mum assures me I was incredibly sad, after gathering what I could take from the situation. (not sure why I've said incredibly so much today ~)

But in terms of times I can remember fully, probably early 2015. I was being bullied at school, and I really wasn't happy with who I was and I was always worried about what was going to happen the next day, and I was never sure when i would be happy. I always had a sense of dread in doing something that I wouldn't normally do, in the fear of being judged. I'm still not quite sure why I was being bullied, but the thing that made the feeling of sadness worse for me was the fact that the bully in question was one of my 'friends'. I'm not sure what I did to him to make him hate me in particular, but for some reason he seemed to resent me and pick on me whenever I came near him. At that time I first started having panic attacks and anxiety attacks, and although I'd always had them at intervals, they happened for regularly then. Luckily things have got a whole lot better for me now, and I'm in a happier place. I've got more friends now, and I try to block out any negativity around me. I think making myself a more positive person on the whole has helped me become happier biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jan 5 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #17
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Losing my granddad last month and missing his final moments because I was out of the country sad.gif I'm not an emotional person at all, but I couldn't stop crying the day I got home and went to his house to just see him gone.

+Quote Post
Jacobauble
post Jan 5 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #18
Merry Christmas <3
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

The mess that was my life from 2006 to 2009. I had a few standout happy moments in between of course but my parents split up (it was a really bad split) in summer 2006 and I started year 7 almost exactly at the same time, just a couple of months later. I got bullied for the first couple of years at secondary school and absolutely hated school. Then of course at 13 I got horrible acne that thankfully all but disappeared finally when I got to 15/16, but 2-3 years is a long time to hate how you look, I never wanted to go out, or have any photos of me taken. I had lasting family issues in the period, deep rooted repressed anger and I was shy, awkward and had very few friends.

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: Jan 6 2016, 12:33 AM

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 5 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #19
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I think it either was when my childhood dog died (she was given to me as a christening present) or when a doctor told me that I probably wouldn't walk for two years or more and would need a leg reconstruction (which LUCKILY an operation and four weeks after they decided against- but for those few weeks I was v v scared about my future)

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jan 5 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jan 5 2016, 09:20 PM) *
I think it either was when my childhood dog died (she was given to me as a christening present) or when a doctor told me that I probably wouldn't walk for two years or more and would need a leg reconstruction (which LUCKILY an operation and four weeks after they decided against- but for those few weeks I was v v scared about my future)

omg I didn't know a doctor said to you that you probably won't walk for a long time, must've been horrific to hear something like that ohmy.gif (You might've said this before and I know about the accident but I just don't recall you saying this particular part of it)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:38 PM