BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weird Coincidences, :O
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Slade
post Jan 5 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

So, weird coincidences...

There have been a few examples this week, this was inspired by conversations with both Bray and Lotti. One coincidence earlier was that Bray was telling me about his A Level award celebrations, and I said I was gutted that my school weren't having them, especially as we had GCSE ones. HOWEVER, my dad then rang that exact second telling me that he'd received an email about an A Level award ceremony that my sixth form were having, weird.

Have you ever encountered any spooky coincidences?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 5 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

wink.gif

I liked Brade's relationship status on Facebook earlier, then a couple hours later my best friend from school sent me a screenshot of me "liking" the post with "how do you know this girl!!!"

Turns out she followed Jades blog a year or so ago (before I came here ohmy.gif), and they follow each other on instagram! such a weird coincidence laugh.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jan 5 2016, 07:48 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Members
Member No.: 116

I was walking home the other day and it looked a bit overcast. I thought to myself 'looks like it's going to rain'. At the exact same moment I was listening to a Saint Etienne song I'd previously never heard called You're In A Bad Way featuring the lyric 'looks like it's going to rain' which of course played as I was looking up and thinking exactly that. It's weird enough when you think of/say a word and then hear it in a song or on the TV simultaneously but a whole phrase? I laughed to myself it was that weird for me!

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Jan 5 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #4
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Met a guy on holiday a couple of weeks ago, as my parents were telling him that I work for the Underground it turned out that he works for the RMT union.

Last month I had a trainer called Kraig (different spelling to 'Craig', my brother, but still) and his birthday was August 29th (same day as my youngest niece) and one day he was telling us how he'd been to a particular music venue the week before and I was going to that venue that night. All links up laugh.gif

Always found it strange how some of my obsessions have been Twilight, One Direction and Lady Gaga, the latter of which shares a birthday with my sister and my brother shares a birthday with Louis Tomlinson and Stephanie Meyer. Maybe just clutching at straws kink.gif

edit: Oh and my current housemate is called Craig too mellow.gif

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Jan 5 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #5
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I was watching a New Zealand football match in the Olympics on TV in 2012, and me and my family were talking about my dad's friend called Ian Hogg, and at that exact moment a player came up on the screen with a name underneath which read 'Ian Hogg - New Zealand' o_o

Probably the weirdest coincidence I've ever seen/witnessed.

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Jan 5 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #6
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Jan 5 2016, 09:01 PM) *
Met a guy on holiday a couple of weeks ago, as my parents were telling him that I work for the Underground it turned out that he works for the RMT union.

Last month I had a trainer called Kraig (different spelling to 'Craig', my brother, but still) and his birthday was August 29th (same day as my youngest niece) and one day he was telling us how he'd been to a particular music venue the week before and I was going to that venue that night. All links up laugh.gif

Always found it strange how some of my obsessions have been Twilight, One Direction and Lady Gaga, the latter of which shares a birthday with my sister and my brother shares a birthday with Louis Tomlinson and Stephanie Meyer. Maybe just clutching at straws kink.gif

And Liam Payne's birthday is August 29th.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Jan 5 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #7
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Jan 5 2016, 08:01 PM) *

My name is Craig too omg

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Jan 6 2016, 02:14 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn't say this is a coincidence, but just really weird events. Names changed for privacy kink.gif

About 5 years ago I hooked up with this guy Andrew who I worked with, big company so we didn't really know each-other well but we had seen each-other around.
We fooled around a few times and he ended up telling me that he was in a 8 year relationship with a guy, I stopped sleeping with him because that's really not my thing. I don't want to be the "other" guy.

3 Years ago on Valentines day I hooked up with another guy, Thomas, who I had gone for drinks with a few times, right after he told me this story about how he and his boyfriend Andrew broke up because he had cheated on him with another guy (Me) - I didn't say anything but it ended up being awkward.

Thomas ended up dating my ex of 3 years, Jeremy.
Jeremy ended up cheating on Thomas with Andrew, same situation as me, didn't know their history.
Jeremy and Thomas ended up breaking up over that. Now Jeremy and I are "seeing" each-other, casually.

God, sounds like I live in the smallest town ever, but I really don't. Gays are the worst.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Jan 6 2016, 08:29 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jan 5 2016, 07:48 PM) *
I was walking home the other day and it looked a bit overcast. I thought to myself 'looks like it's going to rain'. At the exact same moment I was listening to a Saint Etienne song I'd previously never heard called You're In A Bad Way featuring the lyric 'looks like it's going to rain' which of course played as I was looking up and thinking exactly that. It's weird enough when you think of/say a word and then hear it in a song or on the TV simultaneously but a whole phrase? I laughed to myself it was that weird for me!

QUOTE(mdh @ Jan 5 2016, 08:05 PM) *
I was watching a New Zealand football match in the Olympics on TV in 2012, and me and my family were talking about my dad's friend called Ian Hogg, and at that exact moment a player came up on the screen with a name underneath which read 'Ian Hogg - New Zealand' o_o

Probably the weirdest coincidence I've ever seen/witnessed.

I can't think of any specific examples right now but things like this have happened to me quite a lot as well. And also sometimes when I'm listening to a song and reading something at the same time, a word will come up in the text that I'm reading at the exact same time as a lyric in the song with that word. It happened yesterday two or three times in a row, but I can't remember the examples dammit tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Jan 6 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #10
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Jan 6 2016, 02:14 AM) *
I wouldn't say this is a coincidence, but just really weird events. Names changed for privacy kink.gif

About 5 years ago I hooked up with this guy Andrew who I worked with, big company so we didn't really know each-other well but we had seen each-other around.
We fooled around a few times and he ended up telling me that he was in a 8 year relationship with a guy, I stopped sleeping with him because that's really not my thing. I don't want to be the "other" guy.

3 Years ago on Valentines day I hooked up with another guy, Thomas, who I had gone for drinks with a few times, right after he told me this story about how he and his boyfriend Andrew broke up because he had cheated on him with another guy (Me) - I didn't say anything but it ended up being awkward.

Thomas ended up dating my ex of 3 years, Jeremy.
Jeremy ended up cheating on Thomas with Andrew, same situation as me, didn't know their history.
Jeremy and Thomas ended up breaking up over that. Now Jeremy and I are "seeing" each-other, casually.

God, sounds like I live in the smallest town ever, but I really don't. Gays are the worst.

gays ARE the worst

for such a big city like Manchester it's mental how many times I've had mini situations like this of dating someone who also dated my ex etc. Instagram is the worst for it cos you realise just how small a place it is and how basically all the gays have at least 2 degrees of separation with eachother 😥

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jan 6 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #11
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

This was a weird sort of coincidence for me..

A Few years a go I lost my old Ipod Nano couldn't find it anywhere so gave up looking then like a month or so (I cant remember exactly how long it was but it wasn't until a while) I had a dream that I found my ipod in my room. After I woke up, Later on in the day I decided to tidy my room I found my ipod in the same exact spot where it was in my dream.

Probably not a massive coincidence but to me it was because it wasn't even on my mind properly at the time. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Jan 8 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #12
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Just now I was listening to a song, and watching a travelling montage on mute in another tab. The song finished, so I closed the tab with the song, and turned on the volume of the travelling montage. In the background of the montage video was the same song I was just listening to 0_0

Now completely freaked out and terrified for my life tbh.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jan 8 2016, 08:33 PM
Post #13
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

One being I had a dream my mother had killed someone and then I woke up (I was a paperboy at the time) to a local headline of body found in a lake laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 14 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Today at Uni my friend told me that it was her mum's birthday, to which I then replied a bit later that it was my own mum's birthday in two days.

I asked this girl when her own birthday was and she said 2nd August... two days before mine mellow.gif

Did our mama's plan this xo (cool coincidence though *.*)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 12:23 AM