BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EYESIGHT, 👀
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Slade
post Jan 8 2016, 03:49 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

We had an eye colour thread before but I cannot remember if it specifically touched on eyesight itself, I certainly don't remember going into depth about it on here before anyway.

So, what is your eyesight like? Do you struggle with glasses/contact lenses? are you long/short sighted? are you one of the lucky ones that have fine vision or even 20/20?

Discuss away~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jan 8 2016, 03:50 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

-1.25 / -1.50

I feel pretty blind without contacts/glasses but compared to some of my friends this isn't that bad at all.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 8 2016, 03:51 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I annoyingly have to wear glasses a lot and especially when I need to see writing from a distance, I dislike this 'cause I don't think they suit me. I've tried contact lenses many a time but they just don't sit right with me for some reason. I'd love to have laser eye surgery but am too scared so probably will just have to struggle with glasses forever.

I am short sighted and have needed glasses since about age 10. I just remember not being able to see the board any more in class and road signs appearing fuzzy when my parents would drive us. So yeah my eyesight is quite bad, boo.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jan 8 2016, 03:53 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

Surprisingly good especially SEEING basil.gif I spend most of my life staring at a screen laugh.gif I do have the brightness turned as low as possible though.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jan 8 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #5
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

My eyesight has been fine for all my life but I just had a eye check up a few days ago and apparently I'm slightly short sighted (like the rest of my family) but not enough to cause me any problems for now, they want me back in a couple years but I might finally have to give in to glasses/contacts!

+Quote Post
M.
post Jan 8 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

That thread did touch on eyesight too Jade, but it's fine, dw heehee.gif

I'm short-sighted. I've worn glasses since I was a kid. I don't like it and often prefer seeing myself without them than with them. I've never tried contact lenses and I'm super curious but the thought of putting them in my eyes and having them in there just IRKS me. I know it can cause problems too, but that's probably unlikely if you're super careful.

Like you Jade, I'd love to have the surgery but I'm also scared, ngl

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 8 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #7
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I'm really good at seeing far, but I have to wear glasses for reading laugh.gif However this only came about in year 11, the optician said it was due to stress so maybe in a few years I won't need glasses anymore ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 8 2016, 04:10 PM
Post #8
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'm short sighted as well, I've had glasses since I was like 18 months. I don't bother with contacts, like Matt it's a bit off-putting that they can fiddly etc and cause problems, i have visions of myself poking my eye putting it in and being temporarily blind or something laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jacobauble
post Jan 8 2016, 04:26 PM
Post #9
Merry Christmas <3
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

My eyesight's so good the last time I went to the optician he was like "This is what you need to be a pilot *pointing at a graph*, you're here: *points like 2 or 3 rows down of smaller letters*"
Then he kind of told me "come back in 5 years or so... if you want to". laugh.gif
I feel very lucky to be able to see so well unaided, I just hope it lasts for a very long time. Glasses can look very fashion though, I love wearing sunglasses in the summer.

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: Jan 8 2016, 04:27 PM

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jan 8 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #10
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

I think I'm short sighted, anyway I need to wear glasses when I watch TV or look at the board in class. So I wear them a bit but not too often!

Would probably never have Contacts/Laser Surgery due to my massive fear of anything like that sad.gif

+Quote Post
Totto
post Jan 8 2016, 04:39 PM
Post #11
I was grindin' with the DJ with my hands on the floor!
Member No.: 20,441
   No Gallery Pics

-3,25 / -3,25 I'm blind by the time I reach 30 sad.gif

Also keeping my from joining any Forces.

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Jan 8 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I need glasses to read but i only wear them at work,when i read at home i usually read without glasses lol.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jan 8 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #13
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

-2.5/-2.75

Or somewhere around there. I'm one of those myopics. I'm not blind without my glasses but I do use them for everything as it's so much harder to work when everything is a blur, I can't see text unless I'm 20 cm or closer to it. Fortunately after a lot of experimenting throughout my younger years where my glasses often looked terrible and I'd take them off if I wanted to impress anyone, I'm happy with my current pair enough that I only take them off to sleep or if I get a headache.

Contacts can be good but they take forever to put in so I'm not running with any pairs currently. Maybe in the future if I decide for a fashion change.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jan 8 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #14
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I'm supposed to wear glasses for reading, computer work etc, but I don't and I really should, it's been 3 years since I've been to the optician :S

The sight in my left eye is pretty bad, like if i shut my right eye I struggle just reading whats on the screen, luckily my right eye is strong enough it compensates for that and I don't struggle to see anything whether it be close up or at a distance, the glasses really are to try and strengthen my weaker eye, I used to have the patches as a kid laugh.gif I would wear my glasses if they actually improved my vision but when I was last at the optician I was told I'd been given a prescription weaker than what I needed or something along those lines (Idk why the hell they did this) but things are blurry with my glasses on and I get headaches and my eye sockets hurt after 10 minutes with them on sleep.gif ofc the sensible thing would have been to go back to the optician and tell them this 3 years ago when I got them but I was only 15/16 and thought that the optician was right and doing it for a reason so I should just go with it rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Jan 8 2016, 04:46 PM
Post #15
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

My eyesight seems perfect, I don't seem to have any problems at all right now (so good that I don't really know what these numbers mean laugh.gif). My parents and both of my siblings all need glasses at least at certain times (my mum has them for reading) though so it could happen to me in the future..

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 8 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #16
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

From the age of 6 till about 14 I had glasses for reading and computer work. I don't need them now thankfully

+Quote Post
M.
post Jan 8 2016, 04:59 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Jan 8 2016, 04:53 PM) *
From the age of 6 till about 14 I had glasses for reading and computer work. I don't need them now thankfully

I always find this curious. I always assume that people's eyesight gets gradually worse (apart from those that have good eyesight all the time, of course), and then in many cases, they stop getting worse at some point. You were the opposite wut ohmy.gif I WISH that would happen to my eyes, just have them get better!

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jan 8 2016, 05:12 PM
Post #18
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Totto @ Jan 8 2016, 04:39 PM) *
-3,25 / -3,25 I'm blind by the time I reach 30 sad.gif
Also keeping my from joining any Forces.

As in completely blind, like you wont be able to see at all? That's horrible cry.gif

As for me, my eyesight is terrible so I rely on my glasses for everything happy.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 8 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #19
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

QUOTE(Mattias @ Jan 8 2016, 04:59 PM) *
I always find this curious. I always assume that people's eyesight gets gradually worse (apart from those that have good eyesight all the time, of course), and then in many cases, they stop getting worse at some point. You were the opposite wut ohmy.gif I WISH that would happen to my eyes, just have them get better!

I just had a lazy/weak eye but I would only wear my glasses a few times a month, then I wore them everyday for a year and didn't need them anymore! Bizarre!

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Jan 8 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #20
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I used to have a HORRIBLE eye sight and wore the thickest of glasses known to man (always with cellotape in the middle because my cousins used to bully me and break them cool.gif (some of you have seen the pictures :/)) but they recovered over time and until recently they were near perfect.

BUT spending more time on the computer/reading has meant that my eyesight has worsened a bit. I started getting eye twitches during my teacher training year and I had glasses prescribed to alleviate the stress of my eyes. I have since... not worn them and don't even know where they are lol unsure.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 12:54 AM