Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creed, Rocky VII
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Jan 9 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #1
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,692
   No Gallery Pics

As someone who has never seen a Rocky film, I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected. The boxing larts were the weakest for me because I don't like the sport but even the last fight for me was quite thrilling. Three excellent leads, especially Tessa Thompson who has just zoomed onto my radar anyway. Glad to see Stallone getting a few Oscar predictions too because he's very good in this and a lot more emotional than I'd have expected too!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 9 2016, 10:35 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Tessa Thompson is amazing, I saw her in a film last year Dr White People, and she was great. Also loved her in Veronica Mars.
+Quote Post
post Jan 22 2016, 03:57 PM
Post #3
I'm just going to the STORE
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

A stronger film than Southpaw and it made me look at boxing in a slightly better light whereas that one just had me detesting the sport. But I can never keep a straight face with a Scouse accent, he might as well have been preparing to fight Chris Maloney kink.gif

It was engaging from the start, Michael, Sylvester and Tessa were all great, never really a dull moment..a very solid movie overall even if it's not one I'd buy on DVD and re-watch.
+Quote Post
post Jan 31 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #4
Baby We're The New Romantics
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

Really enjoyed this, love the similarities between the other entries in the franchise and found this an enjoyable and inspirational movie. The script was good and I like how the movie moved along well and kept me interested. The cast were fantastic, Michael B Jordan was great in the lead role and really brought life to his character, Stallone was fantastic and was a great mentor in this movie but I did think his cancer was going to be a way bigger part of the movie than it was and Tessa Thompson was also fantastic as Creed's girlfriend and I loved her in this, shame I can't find space for her in my nominations for the Buzzjack Movie Awards sad.gif Great film lead by 3 fantastic performances and of course a cracking soundtrack heart.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 03:12 AM