BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EXCITING Musical Moments
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Slade
post Jan 12 2016, 04:22 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Which musical moment had a massive impact on you (and maybe others around you) in your lifetime?

Did Pixie Lott's debut revolutionise your life? Did a certain music video leave you in awe? Perhaps you went to an absolutely incredible tour.

Discuss away!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 12 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

One that instantly came to mind was THIS ^

I remember this dropping and being in absolute awe at the time. It was just so ridiculous but brilliant. I remember instantly ringing my best friend asking if she had seen it, and then everyone was talking about it in class the next day also. The whole thing just felt so EXCITING, especially as someone who really liked Gaga!

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jan 12 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #3
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

One very obvious one for me, seeing the video for Hung Up for the first time on GMTV (over 10 years ago now, wow). I wasn't a Madonna fan at all before that, but being a massive ABBA fan I gave it a listen and became obsessed and, well, the rest is history.

The only other massive one would be hearing 'Hero' for the first time and being utterly OBSESSED with it for a very long time. Conveniently, or perhaps because of such important moments, both are vying for my top song of all time.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Jan 12 2016, 04:29 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Watching the Six Feet Under Finale back in 2005 and hearing Sia's beautiful 'Breathe Me' for the first time. It took me about 3 weeks to dry my tears.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jan 12 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #5
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Taylor Swift - "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Just gonna leave this here

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jan 12 2016, 04:37 PM
Post #6
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

It took one performance to send me back to being an excitable 4 year old wub.gif

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Jan 12 2016, 04:39 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

The premiere of Plan B's 'iLL Manors' had me raving to everybody about how powerful the lyrics were and was hot discussion throughout Sixth Form at the time.

The rise of Trap Queen and In2 from underground anthems to huge chart hits last year made me almost proud in a way. I love finding songs early and raving about them and seeing them take off.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Jan 12 2016, 04:42 PM
Post #8
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

The moment 'What About Us' went to number one.

Also seeing Coldplay, Eminem and Beyonce live <3

This post has been edited by 🙄🙄🙄: Jan 12 2016, 04:43 PM

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Jan 12 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 12 2016, 04:24 PM) *
I remember this dropping and being in absolute awe at the time. It was just so ridiculous but brilliant. I remember instantly ringing my best friend asking if she had seen it, and then everyone was talking about it in class the next day also. The whole thing just felt so EXCITING, especially as someone who really liked Gaga!

Yeah, I remember this being the talk of my school at the time too. Everyone was quoting "once you kill a cow, you gotta make a burger" and "you can still see the crack in that mother-f***er reflection" and just how bizarre everything was. And let's not get started on the fact Gaga POISONED a DOG! laugh.gif All of her videos were hugely talked about but this one was a particular talking point.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jan 12 2016, 04:47 PM
Post #10
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

These were the 2 songs that got me into music, both incredible heart.gif
Also as you posted Jade, the Telephone video also had a massive impact on me wub.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 12 2016, 04:49 PM
Post #11
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Mollie King $l*t dropping right in front of me during The Saturdays greatest hits tour.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jan 12 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #12
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

The Telephone video was the first thing that came to my mind when I first saw this wub.gif

The next was Madonna's cape incident at the BRITS eeek laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Jan 12 2016, 04:52 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Thisis the moment i was waiting for for years and when it finally happened it was so good i cried a lot that evening..

This post has been edited by Maurice: Jan 12 2016, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 12 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Jan 12 2016, 04:44 PM) *
Yeah, I remember this being the talk of my school at the time too. Everyone was quoting "once you kill a cow, you gotta make a burger" and "you can still see the crack in that mother-f***er reflection" and just how bizarre everything was. And let's not get started on the fact Gaga POISONED a DOG! laugh.gif All of her videos were hugely talked about but this one was a particular talking point.

YES the quotes were left, right and centre! laugh.gif And you're right - 'Poker Face', 'Paparazzi', 'Bad Romance' and 'Born This Way' would come into my head for hugely talked about videos too. Perhaps also 'Alejandro' as well, Twitter was blowing up at the time over the controversy! 'The Fame Monster' trio of videos were enormous topics of discussion really, Gaga does know how to get everyone talking *.*

QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Jan 12 2016, 04:47 PM) *
These were the 2 songs that got me into music, both incredible heart.gif
Also as you posted Jade, the Telephone video also had a massive impact on me wub.gif

I was fully expecting you to post 'Shake It Off' in here Sam! laugh.gif That's cool to see those two songs got you into music though, 2007/8 were particularly good years for me too. heart.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jan 12 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #15
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 12 2016, 04:53 PM) *
I was fully expecting you to post 'Shake It Off' in here Sam! laugh.gif That's cool to see those two songs got you into music though, 2007/8 were particularly good years for me too. heart.gif

I was actually going to but I'd wrote up my post/already got the other video links and couldn't be bothered to go back to youtube and write more!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

2008 is still probably my favourite year in music! That or 2009 heart.gif

+Quote Post
Colm
post Jan 12 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #16
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

This is going to be a long post when I get around to it!

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Jan 12 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,384

I've had a bunch, but here's one that's probably most relevant to Buzzjack: in September 2011, I'd been chart-watching for just over a year, but I was still stuck in my teenage music snob phase and it was a secret hobby of sorts and I wasn't willing to admit to anyone or myself that I liked or paid attention to pop music. Then "We Found Love" and its video came out, and at first I was a tad lukewarm towards it until I wasn't and I caught myself watching the video ten times straight one night and jumping around to it in my room like a f***ing idiot. It was the first time since I was a kid that I'd let a pop song take over me completely like that. Looking back at those couple years when I was reconnecting with pop, that was the moment when everything finally clicked again, and that whole single/video release is easily the pinnacle of '10s pop for me so far.

(the summer after, I was walking with a friend around my town, and a biker guy on a motorcycle sped by us while blasting "We Found Love" on a boombox, and if there's one image that represents how that song makes me feel every time I listen to it, it's that)

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 12 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #18
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

also came here to gush over gaga laugh.gif

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS.
It was the first time most of my friends really "got" my Gaga obsession laugh.gif

Also the first time I heard 'Video Games' was massive for me wub.gif

The first time I watched this I was an absolute mess. I already loved the song as Lana had uploaded the audio before, but the beautiful monologues, the fantastic cinematography mixed with what was already such a perfect song for me was just incredible!

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Jan 12 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #19
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Probably the first time I heard Pompeii by Bastille on the radio. To me it was the best thing ever for a couple of months in 2013 - I was OBSESSED with them.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 12 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

zillions. If you're talking "What the fff!" moments where you can't believe you've just heard something so new and extraordinary-sounding that it was SO exciting you could burst....

This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us - Sparks
I Feel Love - Donna Summer
Magic Fly - Space
E=MC2 - Big Audio Dynamite
Pump Up The Volume -MARRS
Firestarter - The Prodigy

In recent years it's a lot harder to get the Wow factor cos I've heard a lot of music, but there are loads I fall in love with and obsess about - Queen Of Peace most of all lately, an Epic strings-laden Greek Odyssey of a record. yahoo.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 08:49 AM