BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exams & Results 2016, what are you sitting?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dancember
post Jan 31 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #1
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

yez it is nearly exam season. and by nearly i mean we still have a good few months before exam season (unless you're in uni who apparently have exams in January) but I've just got my exam timetable this week so

I'm sitting five maths exams (oh the joy!!!!!!!) three physics exams and one music exam (which is 2 hours so it feels like 2 exams). that includes 3 resits .

probably gonna stress like shit especially as my grades will affect what uni i ho to. well i guess thats life
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 31 2016, 07:48 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

drama.gif drama.gif drama.gif

I'm sitting two retake exams for AS (history & politics), then I have two politics papers, one history paper and one german paper for A2. I am currently terrified despite getting extremely comforting mock results laugh.gif I regret not having any Uni choices below ABB (couldn't find any universities which offered my course at insurance level grades which I liked) but oh well can't do much now except try and get the grades :')

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jan 31 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #3
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'm sitting my next set of accounting exams in June. Sat two interim tests a few weeks back which I think I did okay in. There's a lot of pressure, especially given that I could lose my job if I don't do well enough.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jan 31 2016, 08:09 PM
Post #4
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Already petrified that exams are under three months away now, just starting to buy revision guides and that now before exams season arrives again sad.gif

Got BBBC in my mocks which I was pleased with but hoping to improve in some of them at least, feeling really unprepared for Biology and Chemistry as well as Spanish speaking, the latter makes me so nervous just thinking about it :'(

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 31 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #5
feminist icon

QUOTE(•Josh• @ Jan 31 2016, 08:09 PM) *
Already petrified that exams are under three months away now, just starting to buy revision guides and that now before exams season arrives again sad.gif

Got BBBC in my mocks which I was pleased with but hoping to improve in some of them at least, feeling really unprepared for Biology and Chemistry as well as Spanish speaking, the latter makes me so nervous just thinking about it :'(

speakings! cry.gif

although the A2 speaking exam seems kinda fun imo tongue.gif I get to debate something for 5 mins (most of the topics such as immigration and crime I find interesting!) then talk about Der Vorleser and Goodbye Lenin! for 10 mins (both of which are fab)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 31 2016, 08:17 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I only have one sociology exam which hopefully should be ok, to my knowledge we just get some pre-release material and the paper is on that, depends exactly what the material is I guess and how much there is of it.... Plenty of coursework dotted throughout the year before the exam though.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jan 31 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #7
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Jan 31 2016, 08:13 PM) *
speakings! cry.gif

although the A2 speaking exam seems kinda fun imo tongue.gif I get to debate something for 5 mins (most of the topics such as immigration and crime I find interesting!) then talk about Der Vorleser and Goodbye Lenin! for 10 mins (both of which are fab)

They're so scary, we're starting to do more speaking in class now but I always get nervous with it and either can't think of anything to say, how to actually say it or just mess up simple grammar because I'm not thinking straight which is annoying. The former happens loads where I just mind freeze :/ Like you say, I do like the more interesting topics now (we're doing discrimination currently, crime would be an interesting one too) compared to GCSE which was more I went to the shop and bought an apple type thing laugh.gif

This post has been edited by •Josh•: Jan 31 2016, 08:19 PM

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Jan 31 2016, 08:21 PM
Post #8
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Statistics quiz tomorrow for me. Yaaaaaaaay.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 31 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #9
feminist icon

QUOTE(•Josh• @ Jan 31 2016, 08:19 PM) *
They're so scary, we're starting to do more speaking in class now but I always get nervous with it and either can't think of anything to say, how to actually say it or just mess up simple grammar because I'm not thinking straight which is annoying. The former happens loads where I just mind freeze :/ Like you say, I do like the more interesting topics now (we're doing discrimination currently, crime would be an interesting one too) compared to GCSE which was more I went to the shop and bought an apple type thing laugh.gif

yeah I despised GCSE because of how generic the topics were laugh.gif like just one complete exam on questions about "your holiday"- so boring! I'm the complete opposite, when my mind has gone blank I just start talking really quickly shoving as many words in as I can :') My advice from my teachers is always "SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!"

So glad I dropped down to one language now, prepping for two last year was a nightmare!

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 31 2016, 08:26 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I think I just have two exams (for Law & Ethics and Principles & Practices modules) that are in about May? As you can tell I'm very informed/prepared xo

My course is very heavy on assignments instead.

+Quote Post
Cassidy
post Jan 31 2016, 08:39 PM
Post #11
i'm massive
Group: Members
Member No.: 41

My yr 6 class are in full SAT's preparation mode and frankly I'm stressing out more than I ever did throughout education. I've come to the conclusion it really never gets better, just FAR FAR PROGRESSIVELY MORE AWFUL.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jan 31 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #12
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

As of the 18th of January, I never have to sit another exam again in my life. This is more than enough compensation for the amount of time I will be spending crying and pulling my hair out from April to mid May over my Dissertation.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jan 31 2016, 09:34 PM
Post #13
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

Got a B in my first Science mock, really happy with that as usually struggle with Science! Was one mark of an A though sad.gif

Have Geography/Maths end of topic tests next week and really not looking forward to when the actual GCSE exams/mocks start taking place sad.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frřkner
post Jan 31 2016, 09:39 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I'M FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At last I'm free of exams and education cheer.gif Guys there is an end, keep your chins up you will eventually make it through and feel the sweet bliss of freedom.

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Jan 31 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #15
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

This is my first year since 2011 of no exams in the summer cheer.gif Instead I'll be helping other kids prepare for them laugh.gif but the pressure is most definitely OFF, thank god. Feel very sorry for anyone who will have to be sitting exams this year drama.gif kink.gif

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Jan 31 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #16
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Last year (for now) of exams. This is a beautiful moment heart.gif

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Jan 31 2016, 10:08 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

I have 1 maths resit, 3 other maths, 1 history and 1 English Language exam this year.
A lot of revision is needed as mock week went pretty disastrously.
So happy I don't have to any more Physics exams though.

+Quote Post
dancember
post Jan 31 2016, 10:31 PM
Post #18
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Jan 31 2016, 09:34 PM) *
Got a B in my first Science mock, really happy with that as usually struggle with Science! Was one mark of an A though sad.gif

Have Geography/Maths end of topic tests next week and really not looking forward to when the actual GCSE exams/mocks start taking place sad.gif

I'd be happy with that too!!

meanwhile I got Cs in my maths and physics mocks eeeeeeek.

thankfully I do have a BCC offer but I also have an ABB offer so I'd love to get those grades. Plus 3 unis haven't offered yet.

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Feb 1 2016, 12:15 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jan 31 2016, 09:43 PM) *
This is my first year since 2011 of no exams in the summer cheer.gif

Yep, first year of no exams for me too! April-June are usually hotter months than July and August so it'll be nice to actually enjoy the sun and all that jazz and not worry about studying!

(By studying I mean putting it off, coming up with irrelevant excuses for putting it off, and wish I hadn't put it off come the final week before exams. kink.gif).

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Feb 1 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #20
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Well this thread has landed just after I've been able to stop worrying about exams for a while haha. Although I probably should start worrying about the other exams pretty soon, as lectures are starting again tomorrow, so yay.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 06:44 PM