BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> COOKING
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Christmattias :/
post Feb 8 2016, 04:31 PM
Post #1
show ur id
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Do you cook? Do you enjoy it? Do you burn every meal? etc.

I cook things for myself but don't ask me to host a big dinner party or anything because sadly I'm not very advanced in terms of experimenting with cooking up something really impressive or exotic. I'd really love to be! While I don't particularly enjoy the process of cooking much anymore (I used to love it, and still remember the day I fried my first egg as a kid), I do almost always enjoy my own meals, although occasionally things go wrong too. Pasta is one of my favourites so I cook that a lot, also I still end up putting egg on everything, haha.

Maybe someone should share a recipe as well lol kink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angel_lotita
post Feb 8 2016, 04:41 PM
Post #2
#TittiTakeover
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I really love baking cupcakes and cookies etc, and I'm quite good at those kink.gif

However I am AWFUL at making main meals. I lack so much motivation to do them and always panic, especially when cooking raw meat. I'm too scared to usually even cook bacon for myself! When I make my own meals it's usually salads or something I can just mix together easily, which can't really go wrong :') It is true what they say though, things do taste better when you've made them yourself! (as long as it's gone successfully of course...)

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 8 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #3
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I cook the food at my work laugh.gif I hate it

+Quote Post
Slade
post Feb 8 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I was pretty good at cooking at school and enjoyed it but for some reason I just stopped altogether and my skillz are not really up to scratch these days at all oops. My current eating habits are terrible and I'll more often than not just make stuff that is quick and easy. I should probably change this sometime soon!

+Quote Post
UltraBasicWitch
post Feb 8 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #5
Cause I'll Be There To Carry You Home 💜
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mattias @ Feb 8 2016, 04:31 PM) *
Do you burn every meal? etc.

Yes. That's me! (though my sister is somehow even worse than me kink.gif)

+Quote Post
Merry ChrisMears
post Feb 8 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Everyone who follows me at snapchat know I love cooking ( hi Jahq tongue.gif )
I always try new stuff out to cook. I'm focusing on healthy food lately. My friends love to come over and try out my meals for some reason laugh.gif .

+Quote Post
Cassidy
post Feb 8 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #7
i'm massive
Group: Members
Member No.: 41

I used to be very poor and somehow went through my whole university experience without learning how to cook. This was mainly a mix of eating out a lot, learning how to live on the basics and befriending a girl in first year who lived with me through to third year who would very often KINDLY COOK FOR ME. It's only really been the past two to three years I've got a bit more adventurous and would now say I'm more than adequate. I cook all my own meals for myself and whilst not EXCELLENT I'm certainly NOT HALF BAD.

+Quote Post
SᴀɴᴛᴀsLɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ
post Feb 8 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #8
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I'm an awful cook, I burn microwave popcorn, toast and even pop tarts or toasting waffles which literally get heated for like 20-30 seconds unsure.gif I can make a good stir-fry and I recently made a really nice chicken and chorizo tagliatelle though,Cameron even said it was good ohmy.gif so I can chuck things in a pan and call it a meal but yea I don't trust myself cooking raw meat either unless it's sausages or bacon, I can't actually fry an egg mellow.gif I always end up burning the bottom but the yolk is still raw, so if I ever cook eggs it's scrambled laugh.gif

I rely on things I can either microwave or stick in the oven mostly kink.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Feb 8 2016, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post
LexC
post Feb 8 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #9
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

I can cook the standard basic meals you need to survive at University but a foodie I am not.

+Quote Post
SeanGrey
post Feb 8 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #10
Nobody knows where they might end up.
Member No.: 20,182
   No Gallery Pics

I hated food technology at school as I always made a universal mess up each year whether it be forgetting to add sugar to muffins, not using the right quantities of veg or making custard wrong laugh.gif although saying that I'd definitely got better at cooking since coming to uni and my friend from my course is half Thai and has taught me a series of rice, curry and noodle dishes which are now a staple part of my diet so it is all groovy really!

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Feb 8 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 8,674

I enjoy cooking and I'd like to think I'm not bad at it. This is prior to living independently though, I don't like washing up and I don't really have the resources or space to do any cooking anymore but I'd love to follow recipes. Now it's all just microwave ready meals/meat in the oven/noodles and soup in the pan.

QUOTE(Maurice @ Feb 8 2016, 05:15 PM) *
Everyone who follows me at snapchat know I love cooking ( hi Jahq tongue.gif )
I always try new stuff out to cook. I'm focusing on healthy food lately. My friends love to come over and try out my meals for some reason laugh.gif .

I want to be one of those friends

+Quote Post
Aquamaqueesha
post Feb 8 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #12
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

im irish so only the mammy is able to cook.

+Quote Post
Jacob Marley
post Feb 9 2016, 01:58 AM
Post #13
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Gotten pretty good at it (I think). I took a catering GCSE and did work experience in a pub which helped. I make chillis, lasagne and bolognese a lot (fairly simple once you've done them a couple of times), chicken curries, mac & cheese, stir fries, if I want a lighter meal I might get fish and do some roasties with it, every now and again I'll get a steak and make mash with it. I like making cottage pies/ shepherds pies/ fish pies because they're amaze too. I've been making a lot of pasta bakes recently (so easy, just literally put pasta (uncooked!), tomato based sauce of your choice and enough boiling water to immerse everything then add something else, usually protein (I like putting in sliced up sausage for example, tuna's another good one) into a large baking tray/ dish then put it in a 200 degrees oven for 45 minutes or so. You can also add garlic and other veg if it takes your fancy.

Weirdly, I've found (well it was a suggestion originally) that cinnamon works really well with a lot of things, especially chicken. And pasta. Also general italian herbs, oregano and the like work great with a lot of things. I love spices and herbs, should collect some more really, just not sure if I want to spend the thyme or money.

I also like baking, made a cake last week and flapjacks this week, as long as you follow the specifications ( laugh.gif ) it should turn out pretty well. With cooking you can experiment a lot, with baking experimentation has to be a lot more conservative. It's also time consuming so I don't usually do it that much, but it's nice.

Then of course I'm also sometimes really lazy and just put some bacon on and chips in the oven etc. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: Feb 9 2016, 01:59 AM

+Quote Post
Jingle Burbes
post Feb 9 2016, 02:05 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I'm decent at cooking when I remember I've started. I often forget when I've left something in the oven and end up burning it/setting off the fire alarm. laugh.gif I really should try to stop this habit.

+Quote Post
Christmattias :/
post Feb 9 2016, 07:55 AM
Post #15
show ur id
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jacob Alan @ Feb 9 2016, 01:58 AM) *
I love spices and herbs, should collect some more really, just not sure if I want to spend the thyme or money.

lol heehee.gif

I really want to try to expand my cooking skills/knowledge, at the moment I just kind of get by making things I enjoy myself that are easy enough for me to make, but I don't really go out of my comfort zone with it for some reason.

+Quote Post
Qween
post Feb 9 2016, 09:18 AM
Post #16
underneath the disco light
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 11,709

I LOVE (and perhaps live) for cooking. I get stupidly excited over food and spend ages just trawling for recipes to try out.

I've been trying a lot of Asian cuisines of late, it's a lot harder to get right obv but the results are much better, or at least they will be when I finally master it. I have a list of about 20 things I make fairly regularly and I'm always trying to expand it, but Lasagne (obv), Sweet and Sour Chicken, Bolognese etc. are all so satisfying.

The main thing I'm trying to do more is fish, I usually make Salmon once a week and maybe Cod too, but it's getting a bit stale so I've tried a Monkfish Thai Red Curry recently which was a lovely alternative to chicken/beef and seared tuna is obv amazing.

+Quote Post
Jacob Marley
post Feb 9 2016, 12:42 PM
Post #17
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mattias @ Feb 9 2016, 07:55 AM) *
lol heehee.gif

I really want to try to expand my cooking skills/knowledge, at the moment I just kind of get by making things I enjoy myself that are easy enough for me to make, but I don't really go out of my comfort zone with it for some reason.
I'm just too funny. happy.gif

I don't consider myself that good though, I'm just sort of winging it and it usually works out. Just give things a go, as long as it doesn't seem ridiculous you should be fine.

One of my housemates has been a chef (sous chef or whatever it's called I think) as a previous job, makes everything annoyingly well. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
angel_lotita
post Oct 13 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #18
#TittiTakeover

I JUST REMEMBERED ABOUT THIS THREAD

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Feb 8 2016, 05:41 PM) *
I really love baking cupcakes and cookies etc, and I'm quite good at those kink.gif

However I am AWFUL at making main meals. I lack so much motivation to do them and always panic, especially when cooking raw meat. I'm too scared to usually even cook bacon for myself! When I make my own meals it's usually salads or something I can just mix together easily, which can't really go wrong :') It is true what they say though, things do taste better when you've made them yourself! (as long as it's gone successfully of course...)

and i'm STILL awful at making main meals. i have been living off the sack of potato i have in my room I'm pretty sure the amount of carbs i've been having aren't great. HOW DO PPL SPONTANEOUSLY MAKE HEALTHY MEALS

new lounge game: lotti has some tomatoes, red pepper, onion, hella potato and probs some nuggs in the freezer what can i make

+Quote Post
Riser
post Oct 13 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #19
I'm a 90s baaaaaaby
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(princess_lotita @ Oct 13 2016, 02:55 PM) *
new lounge game: lotti has some tomatoes, red pepper, onion, hella potato and probs some nuggs in the freezer what can i make
Get some lettuce and make a salad? Nothing wrong with chicken nuggets on a salad biggrin.gif

I love putting chicken nuggets on a bowl of mashed potatoes with corn and grated cheese, like you get at KFC. That was my favorite thing to eat in uni and now it's my favorite thing to make at home!

+Quote Post
angel_lotita
post Oct 13 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #20
#TittiTakeover

pmg I just made an amazing dinner how do I post photos from movile

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 07:19 PM