BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dad's Army
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Feb 8 2016, 10:10 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

This already came out a couple days ago but I won't be seeing it until the holidays next week, has quite bad reviews but I love the cast so was hoping it'd be alright. Anyone seen it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Feb 10 2016, 02:37 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

mildly pleasant, the cast are all good, lots of well-known re-works of the sitcom staple catch-phrases, and it was lovely to see the actual Vicar still alive and taking on the same role, and Ian Lavender in a cameo posh role. I'd say the budget was all blown on the cast salaries, pretty much, which is fine as they made it watchable. There are no mega-laughs, more a sort of mild chuckle now and again and a warm familiar smile.

If you like Dad's Army TV show, you'll like the movie.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 21 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #3
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

One side of my mouth did increase about 2 in angle a couple of times but really was all a bit safe and unfunny. I'm not really familiar with the TV show so I guess this is what it's like, I can see why it's popular but for a comedy film there are just no risks taken at all or clever jokes. My favourite was Toby Jones taking off his glasses and having to squint because he wanted to impress Catherine Zeta Jones which was kind of.. a little bit... quite... sort of funny but not really. She was pretty much the only good thing in this movie, it was actually quite boring but she definitely spiced things up and she was completely believeable because she was so charming and alluring and you could understand why she was the person any of the men would expect even though she'd blatantly been taking pictures left, right and center drama.gif Not bad but not funny/engaging either, kind of good to watch in the background perhapes but eh :/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 04:00 PM