Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What advice would you give to your younger self?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Feb 9 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #1
show ur id
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

If you could go back in time with the knowledge and maturity level you have now, what would you tell your younger self?

I would tell my pre-teen self to calm the f*** down! Stop getting so offended at every little thing! My teen self I would tell to relax, make an effort to interact with people more (especially one specific person) and not to worry so much about what people think of you in terms of the little things - one day when you are 24 you will look back at this time and think "why was I so anxious about everything?" (I still get a little anxious but certainly not as much - shows growth, yay) I would also tell him to get his hair cut!!!1

Et toi?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Feb 9 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #2
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

It really doesn't matter what people think of you! I used to struggle with this so much and so much anxiety over things (school for the first part of my life and then friends/peers as I got older) but I used to like meltdown on a regular basis which is all self-inflicted! Also don't be a dick to the ones who love you.

Even now I struggle with anxiety issues so I guess it still partly relates but yeah I feel like I could've enjoyed childhood a lot more if I was a IDGAFOS kind child.

This is a really good topic Mattias!
+Quote Post
post Feb 9 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I really wish I could've told myself to stop changing myself so much just to please other people! I had such low self esteem, much worse than these days, and was so sensitive that I'd hide a lot of myself away in fear of being judged. This would still make me unhappy though so it was like a vicious cycle. These days I'm so much more comfortable just doing whatever I want to and am sooo much happier than I was then. Really wish I could've told myself that it really doesn't matter what people think. Also that it didn't matter that I was shy and didn't have loads of friends, 'cause I'd soon enough find people I'd want to keep in my life over the years.

Don't get me wrong I do still care about things and am still a bit sensitive but it's way less than before and I've learnt to deal with it so much more maturely.

I'd also tell myself not to worry about toxic friendship groups 'cause I'd stop getting treated like such a pushover eventually. My younger self really could've done with a lot of advice haha!! As cliché as it is, things really can get better.

Also: wtf were you thinking with that purple eyeshadow and combover-esque side fringe?
+Quote Post
post Feb 10 2016, 04:14 AM
Post #4
I think about you, love you, and I'm filled with pride
Member No.: 19,534

I'd tell him that he's judging himself more than anybody else is judging him, and to stop being late to literally everything.
+Quote Post
post Feb 10 2016, 04:27 AM
Post #5
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE(Riser @ Feb 10 2016, 04:14 AM) *
I'd tell him that he's judging himself more than anybody else is judging him, and to stop being late to literally everything.

I hate you.

I'm ALWAYS early / on time.
+Quote Post
spinning adam~
post Feb 10 2016, 08:15 AM
Post #6
when the spun stops STOP
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

*Plays Lukas Graham*
+Quote Post
post Feb 10 2016, 02:30 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

I would tell myself that people who sit in judgement are invariably dicks so stop caring what everybody thinks about you, be more assertive, and make an effort to accept yourself for everything you are and go out and look for love and an enjoyable career.

Also go to New York's Dakota Building on Dec 8th 1980 with a huge f*cking crowbar to whack a huge c**t in the head before he can pull the trigger.

Oh, and bet everything on a black President getting voted in inside 40 years. laugh.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2016 - 01:19 AM