BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vote for Single 4!, So we have Secret Love Song now! What do we want as single 4?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Which songs do you want as singles?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 55
Guests cannot vote 
Juliano
post Feb 11 2016, 03:38 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

So obviously the girls label and management took notice of our last poll to vote for single 3 haha! So let's face it, there will be another single following the success of Secret Love Song and if there isn't, it would be a very stupid move in my opinion.

Here was my opinion just as the album was released.
QUOTE(Juliano @ Nov 6 2015, 02:08 AM) *
Pick as many as you want!

Personally I the ones I definitely want are A.D.I.D.A.S or Weird People, I like Lightning, but I would love a radio edit version and a music video to follow DNA.

My fantasy is 7 but it won't happen because that would be a ridiculously long campaign hahaha... but any of these.
For example...
3. A.D.I.D.A.S (My favorite on the album except Black Magic)
4. Weird People (this song is amazing and has mass appeal)
5. Lightning (For the video)
6. OMG (because I can imagine it in clubs)
7. Love Me or Leave Me (becauses its bonita)

However I wouldnt be offended with Grown and Secret Love Song being released.

Personally I would be so stuck picking single 4 if it came down to it, probably I would go for (in order of preference):
1. Lightning (Radio Edit) as the album version is far too long for radio.
2. Weird People is still an underrated jam.
3. A.D.I.D.A.S (featuring Drake) would be amazing, as much as I love the song on it's own, this would be amazing.
4. Grown because everyone seems to love it.
5. Love Me or Leave Me... because my opinion hasn't changed, but 2 ballads in an album campaign, if you're not Adele is tricky to pull off.

And if it was OMG I wouldn't be so bothered either, an Iggy Azalea collab would make sense, but would be totally blasted by critics.

EDIT: Goddamn it, I meant to make the poll multiple choice, so just pick THE ONE. Haha!

This post has been edited by Joe.: Feb 11 2016, 10:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Feb 11 2016, 07:28 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

I'd go with Weird People. Not because it's my favourite, but because it's the one I think would be the smartest choice.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Feb 11 2016, 10:21 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend

I've changed it to Multiple choice and also added OMG and given that an extra vote from myself. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Serg
post Feb 11 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #4
I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,662
   No Gallery Pics

Please not Weird People it would be painful to stream it sad.gif

Lightning as stand out for me. But would love to see Hair or OMG.

+Quote Post
Jimmy Jam
post Feb 11 2016, 03:16 PM
Post #5
tempted by kings with the finest of things
Member No.: 21,231
   No Gallery Pics

ADIDAS would be my choice. But also Lightning, Hair, or Weird People would be great choices. I pray to god it isn't Grown...

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 11 2016, 03:20 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Hair or Weird People for sure! I really hope it isn't Lightning, that would be easily their worst single for me.

+Quote Post
Defaze
post Feb 11 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Joe. @ Feb 11 2016, 07:28 AM) *
I'd go with Weird People. Not because it's my favourite, but because it's the one I think would be the smartest choice.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with this. 'Weird People' is one of the few that would keep the Heart FM/R2 audience on board, which I think has played a big aspect in their success this era. My personal choice would be a single edit of 'Grown', complete with some beefed up production and possibly a feature. Failing that, I'd love 'A.D.I.D.A.S', although I imagine the lyrics would garner some criticism.

I'd really rather not have 'Lightning' and 'Hair', and I don't think another ballad a la ILY or LMOLM would work.

This post has been edited by Defaze: Feb 11 2016, 05:06 PM

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 11 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #8
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

Radio wise I would pick ADIDAS but personally Love Me Or Leave Me

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Feb 11 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #9
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Member No.: 51

I'd go with 'Weird People', it's really fun and it's instant.

+Quote Post
Adam92
post Feb 11 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 10,752
   No Gallery Pics

Lightning is the clear choice, I need to see a video for that!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Feb 11 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #11
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

'Weird People', 'Hair', 'Lightning' and 'Love Me Or Leave Me' for me. The latter obviously not straight after SLS, but I think a release at some point and maybe around October-time to get an X Factor performance slot with it some last minute push for sales of the album!

I'd love for any of the other three to be released within that period!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 11 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

It should be 'Weird People' for Spring and then 'A.D.I.D.A.S.' for Summer before a re-release/new album in Q4!

+Quote Post
Jimmy Jam
post Feb 12 2016, 01:32 AM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not too sure how I'd feel about a re-release. I really like this as a complete unit as is, it flows well, and works well together, I would think to add more songs, and not damage that would be equally as difficult as making a new album all together, so they may as well just do that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Juliano
post Feb 12 2016, 02:14 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

See Weird People is good for me, wish I could have remembered to put multiple choice, it would be the clear winner!

+Quote Post
Jimmy Jam
post Feb 12 2016, 11:06 PM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I should have read first because I only voted for ADIDAS, and Weird People, Hair, and Lightening would definitely have gotten votes as well laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hurricane
post Feb 13 2016, 04:12 AM
Post #16
get me started, hot like fire
Member No.: 17,262
   No Gallery Pics

If their previous campaigns (and recent general pop campaigns) are anything to go by, I honestly don't believe there will be more than 4 singles, and I'm already a bit sceptical about the fourth one.

Because it's represents the idea of the album and because I think they could easily make it work as a cheap ass tour video, 'Weird People' would definitely make a good 4th single. It will gather to the same radio producers and executives that liked their previous singles from this era, so it's a smart choice. It's also a decent song.

'Lightning' is the superior song, and the production truly lends itself to a rapper if they ever feel like they need a feature, but I'm just not sure if radios would be interested in playing it, especially as a 4th single anyway. It doesn't have a crossover appeal either, although as I said, I still think it's the superior song of all the albumtracks left in terms of pop quality.

'Hair', 'Grown', 'A.D.I.D.A.S' are ridiculously shit, it would be a big mistake to release these.

The ballads would actually make decent singles, but I just don't know if it's worth it after 'Secret Love Song'?

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Feb 13 2016, 06:41 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend

I think they'll defiantely be a single 4 as the first 3 have been some of their most successful singles ever and they want to Capitalise on that. Not to mention they'll probably want something that can tie in with a BGT performance.

'Lightning' would still get decent radio airplay from Radio 1, they're heavily supporting this era and the album and singles have sold very well, and thats the way Radio 1 work, they'd support anything they released at this point, even as a single 5. But I agree that it honestly will not have the crossover feel, Heart and R2 wouldn't touch the song.

+Quote Post
colinn
post Feb 13 2016, 09:32 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 18,033
   No Gallery Pics

I think 'Secret Love Song, Pt. II' would be a wise choice a la 'Empire State of Mind' & 'Read All About It'.

But since it's not a choice, I think 'I Love You' would make a great final single. However, it seems to be the most forgotten song on the album sad.gif (unrightfully so, it's the best album track bar the singles!!)

This post has been edited by colinn: Feb 13 2016, 09:32 AM

+Quote Post
Jimmy Jam
post Feb 13 2016, 03:54 PM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

Weird People definitely ties best in with the previous singles, and as previously said, would most likely get the most radio support. I just cannot see them releasing Lightening as a single, as amazing as it is, just because it was on the LMLY collection. Still routing for ADIDAS, just because it's slightly more of a different choice to their previous singles, and kind of ties all 3 of their album campaigns in 1 song, so I think it would be my personal favourite to lead them into album 4. Though if they're going to do 5 singles, which i doubt, i would save ADIDAS to the end, and use Weird People for single 4

+Quote Post
Slick
post Feb 13 2016, 03:58 PM
Post #20
I got hot sauce in my bag, swag
Member No.: 70

I'm here for 'Weird People' - it's instant, catchy, radio-friendly, fits with their 'be yourself' vibe they've got going on. I like 'Lightning' but I'm not sure how radio would take to it without there being some form of radio mix.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 01:49 AM