Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Play premieres 30th July | "Book" release 31st July!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Feb 12 2016, 11:10 PM
Post #1
I think about you, love you, and I'm filled with pride
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

A thread for the upcoming stage play which has just been announced will have its script released in book form as well. Not following too closely but I've seen a bit of debate online about whether this qualifies as "the eighth Harry Potter book" or not. What do you think? Will you be getting the book (and/or seeing the play)? Also posting this for general discussion as more stuff is revealed.

I think I will have to get the book for sure just out of curiosity and from being a lifelong fan. Although it won't be the same for me without a movie to look forward to!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Blurbe Witch
post Feb 12 2016, 11:15 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I have tickets for December, which still feels ages away! It will be a nice pre-Christmas treat though. I think I'll probably get the book as well, just out of curiosity since I have all the others too. I wouldn't say this classifies as the eighth book. I'd almost call it a spin-off like the Fantastic Beasts movie because I just can't connect this with the original series.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see a movie version of this in a few years time. They seem to be cashing in on Harry Potter in every other way, so why not a movie? wink.gif
+Quote Post
Toby G
post Feb 12 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #3
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Can I just point how much of an utter ICON J.K Rowling is? One of the most amazing people on this planet.
+Quote Post
post Feb 12 2016, 11:27 PM
Post #4
when the spun stops STOP
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

Ooh I'm so excited for this and the next movie yahoo.gif I'm also currently listening to the audiobooks again right now (literally just finished the first one!)
+Quote Post
post Feb 13 2016, 12:08 AM
Post #5
'Run Away With Me'
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,473

I will definitely be getting the book. Hardy Potter was amazing through my childhood. Definitely and I'm thoroughly excited to see what's happened in the so many years between the last book and this one. Especially since this is a continuation.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 10:12 AM