BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JEWELLERY
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Feb 15 2016, 01:29 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Do you own/wear any jewellery (alt. spelling "jewelry" if you wanna be pedantic about that)? Do you have a piece of jewellery that is especially meaningful to you in some way? Do you maybe think wearing a lot of jewellery is vain?

I've owned several rings, lost a couple, now have a new one that I intend not to lose. It's a triple cubic zirconia one and when I wear it, I wear it on my right index finger because even though I feel like rings tend to look best on the "marriage finger", I'd rather not have people assume me to be engaged or married lol. This is the only piece of jewellery I wear at the moment, so it's special to me simply for that. And I just like it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 15 2016, 01:33 PM
Post #2
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I have quite a few Bracelets and Necklaces, love wearing both so much wub.gif

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Feb 15 2016, 01:35 PM
Post #3
Feliz Navidadbod
Member No.: 19,585

I have a bracelet that I got for my 18th birthday that I still wear now 6 years on. Means a lot to me.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Feb 15 2016, 03:57 PM
Post #4
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I have one necklace that I received as a gift when I was younger, then lost it for ages but found back a few years ago. I haven't stopped wearing it ever since.
It is a plain silver one, with a saggitarius on it

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Feb 15 2016, 03:58 PM
Post #5
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE(*Tim @ Feb 15 2016, 03:57 PM) *
I have one necklace that I received as a gift when I was younger, then lost it for ages but found back a few years ago. I haven't stopped wearing it ever since.
It is a plain silver one, with a saggitarius on it

spewing.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Feb 15 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #6
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(LushLifeLee @ Feb 15 2016, 04:58 PM) *
spewing.

Did you look in the mirror again?

Your shade is becoming stale and predictable, Lee-Anne, get it together. Even before I hit send, I knew you would be in here within minutes telling me how much you hate it

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Feb 15 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #7
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

QUOTE(*Tim @ Feb 15 2016, 03:59 PM) *
Did you look in the mirror again?
Your shade is becoming stale and predictable, Lee-Anne, get it together. Even before I hit send, I knew you would be in here within minutes telling me how much you hate it

bang like a cannonball

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Feb 15 2016, 04:37 PM
Post #8
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I have a few necklaces and bracelets, most of which are quite special to me as they're often gifted to me! I got a charm bracelet for my 18th with some charms gifted to me from various family members which I never take off usually. I also tend to always wear a necklace of some sort, but when I put them on I usually alternate between them for several weeks at a time. Previously I wore a frog necklace (Pepe teas) which Lindsey got me for Christmas, atm I'm wearing a pendant with a globe on, and when I next change my necklace I'll probably wear the friendship necklace Lindsey also got me for vday wink.gif #friendshipgoals

I do have a few pieces of statement jewellery which I usually wear when I dress up a bit, which are usually just a mixture of moons and stars and jewels etc. I do also enjoy wearing rings, most of them are either like quite big gems or small midi rings which have little symbols on. My favourite one is a little silver ring with the Virgo symbol on! I have to admit, I usually wear rings on the wedding finger kink.gif (mostly because I have tiny hands to it's the only finger most of them fit on properly!) because I don't like wearing thumb rings :')

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 15 2016, 04:52 PM
Post #9
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I have a braclet thing a fiend got me when she was on holiday but other than that I hate jewellery.

+Quote Post
M.
post Feb 15 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Regina @ Feb 15 2016, 04:52 PM) *
I have a braclet thing a fiend got me when she was on holiday but other than that I hate jewellery.

Can I ask about this? Just cos I'm curious about this side of things too when it comes to this thread. Personally I'm not into anything which resembles this:

...but just a rather understated ring (well, doesn't necessarily have to be understated) or something is nice I think. Do you think it's pointless, or just the look of it, or the concept of it? Not judging btw, because as I said, there are certain things about it like the above that I don't like either, I'm also not crazy about certain types of chain necklaces that some guys wear but people just have different tastes.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Feb 15 2016, 05:25 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Ooh yes I wear a very important piece of jewellery every single day! My great grandma had a favourite gold necklace that she wore every day for about 50 years, and she left it to me after she passed away. Such a tremendous honour. I wear it every day without fail <3

Aside from that I'm currently wearing heart stud earrings that were a lovely VDay gift. The necklace and a pair of earrings are the daily jewellery that I'll put on. I sometimes wear a Gucci watch as well that I got for my 18th.

So yeah I'd say I do like a bit of jewellery, but nothing over the top.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 15 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #12
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Mattias @ Feb 15 2016, 06:09 PM) *
Can I ask about this? Just cos I'm curious about this side of things too when it comes to this thread. Personally I'm not into anything which resembles this:

...but just a rather understated ring (well, doesn't necessarily have to be understated) or something is nice I think. Do you think it's pointless, or just the look of it, or the concept of it? Not judging btw, because as I said, there are certain things about it like the above that I don't like either, I'm also not crazy about certain types of chain necklaces that some guys wear but people just have different tastes.

I just don't really like the feeling of it on my wrists or hands laugh.gif but I also don't see the point unless it's a meaningful piece, which I've never recieved.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Feb 15 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #13
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

I wear a Kara (sikh bracelet) and it's probably blasphemous to post about it in a thread about jewelry but it's the closest i got! I hate the feeling of wearing anything around my neck due to the phobia i have of things touching my neck lol.

+Quote Post
all is vanity.
post Feb 15 2016, 11:45 PM
Post #14
I will leave my heart at the door.
Member No.: 1,454

I wear earrings, that's about it.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Feb 16 2016, 01:59 AM
Post #15
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I've always kinda been into wearing jewellery 'long term', It used to be mainly rings when I was younger but that kinda stopped when my school introduced a no jewellery rule. Over the past few years I've got back to that though, even though I have to strip myself of any jewellery for work, the first thing I do is usually put it back on when I'm home. I have a ring I got for my 18th that I don't take off which is probably my most meaningful piece. Right now I have a silver bracelet with heart charm on it that I got as a gift from a family friend, that's become something I wear pretty often too. I have a ring on the other hand which was a Christmas gift that I've pretty much had on constantly since I got it, and I did have another bracelet that I got for Christmas that I was wearing constantly too but the connector bit broke a few weeks ago cry.gif

Necklaces are kinda my 'thing' I guess though, I quite often will wear two or three at a time (I like to layer :kink). I have quite a few choker necklaces, most of which have been given to me from friends. I have a necklace with a leo symbol on it from Cameron that I used to wear every single day but he got me a couple of new ones at Christmas so I now alternate between them wub.gif Currently I have my half of the friendship necklace I share with Lotti on and this really cute shorter necklace with an anchor on it that Lotti got me #LottseyAF heart.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Feb 16 2016, 09:19 AM
Post #16
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Oh yeah earrings ohmy.gif I don't really wear earrings on my lobes anymore because I take them off and lose them :') Most of my ear piercings have closed up as a result of that ohmy.gif I think my firsts still can get a stud in but I kinda have to push through my skin to get them in so don't bother a lot laugh.gif My seconds, and my mid-cartilage ones tho are really hard to get it through, but I only ever wear studs in them too! I have a stud in my cartilage which is in the shape of a silver rose, which I haven't taken out or changed in probably over a year blush.gif I keep meaning to get a new one but forgetting! I don't really like wearing hoops in my ears, I just don't think they suit me. #studlyf

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Feb 16 2016, 12:02 PM
Post #17
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

i wear a thumb ring and only found out recently what that's supposed to mean but if the offers are there hey ho!

also wear a few other things but always always gotta be wearing my bee brooch

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Feb 16 2016, 12:45 PM
Post #18
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Closest I have is a watch. Used to wear a Quiksliver one but it's got like condensation in it or something so you can't clearly see the numbers. Gonna have to see if i can get it repaired as its class.

These days I wear an Apple Watch which looks fairly smart and a Fitbit.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 26 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #19
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

After working in an arcade for a while (which has been on hiatus because boss is slack af but anyway) I've been drawn to this glittery ring for weeks and after shopping around for one to BUY I've had no luck for the same style so I've spent £25 worth of 10ps in the pushers to get it laugh.gif I know it's only worth about 30% of that but I don't care really, as I said I couldn't find one like it to buy and it's kinda cool *insert generic hetero shouting GAYYYYYY!* laugh.gif

(The arcade wasn't the same one I worked at lol but it's the same branch and they don't know me)

This post has been edited by සුනුවිසුනු වී ඇත: Jul 26 2017, 01:27 PM

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 26 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #20
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

You know what you choose to wear has absolutely no connection to your sexual orientation, right? dry.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 09:29 AM