BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SKIN
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Feb 15 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

(I get too many thread ideas, oops, but this came up as a topic of conversation just now and it reminded me that I've had this idea for a while)

So... Skin. Do you try to make an effort to take care of your skin? What do you use? Any tips? Do you have annoyances with your skin? etc. No need to share everything, of course.

And finally, do you feel comfortable in your own skin? angel.gif

Like I mentioned in another thread recently, I have dry spots which can crack on certain parts of two of my fingers (the other parts of my hands are fine and dandy*). I've tried all sorts of stuff for them but it's difficult to actually control it, although sometimes it just goes away by itself (then comes back after a while). Thankfully it's not too noticeable. Also I still get the odd spot on my face which I hate. Currently using something called "witch hazel" (weird name) for it but I feel like perhaps I need something stronger, although I never had it really bad anyway. I've used different things before but I've kinda had it drilled into me all my life that chemicals are bad!!11

I guess maybe exfoliation is the next step for me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Feb 15 2016, 06:35 PM
Post #2
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

Madonna*.*

+Quote Post
Slade
post Feb 15 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I will get large spot breakouts sometimes but otherwise it's just a couple of little spots here and there usually. As for my skincare in general I will usually use good ol' trusty Liz Earle products.

(Keep the threads coming btw *.* no such thing as too many thread ideas!)

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Feb 15 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #4
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Clean & Clear is my best friend when it comes to skin care biggrin.gif and lotion

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Feb 15 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #5
white girl wasted on brown liquor
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Feb 15 2016, 06:39 PM) *

Ha, beat me to it! So good.

I'm pretty lucky with my skin, haven't had issues with acne/spots and the like. Sometimes shaving irritates my face a bit but that's only because I can never be bothered to spend money on new razors :')

+Quote Post
Oricon
post Feb 15 2016, 06:44 PM
Post #6
bye dinner
Member No.: 12,972

I absolutely loathe the skin on my face. Despite putting so much toner, serums and moisturisers and literally trying every single damn product it simply does NOT work mad.gif

+Quote Post
JosephCarey
post Feb 15 2016, 06:45 PM
Post #7
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I get quite a few spots around my shoulders/chest/back/face but they don't bother me really. Otherwise my skin is fine I think, I have a really dry patch at one of my ankles but eh, nothing major.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 15 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #8
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Other than it being as pale as a corpse, my skin has never botheredme, it's fairly clear and soft, yay for good genes.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Feb 15 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #9
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

*.* at this thread

I try to keep good care of my skin, even if my routine is getting a bit slack lately kink.gif I at least tone and moisturise it everyday, and I try to cleanse/exfoliate/use masks when I can! (My fav brands to use are LUSH and also Soap & Glory). I have combi-skin which can be particularly annoying when trying to find foundation, I usually just stick with BB cream if I ever wear it for that reason. I get spots, always in really annoying places, where they look like bad piercings laugh.gif I use Lush's "Grease Lightening" whenever I get a particularly bad breakout but I usually prefer using their "Mask of Magnaminty".

Moving away from my face, my skin care routine for the rest isn't as intense laugh.gif I get bad eczema when I'm stressed (right now my elbow is horrifically raw) so I have to be really careful about what I use, but yeah pretty much anything from LUSH works on my skin (which is probably why it's my fav cosmetic place). I also have an intense cuticle regime I guess?? If that counts as being relevant to this thread laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Feb 15 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I have a dry spot on my elbow which seems to crack all the time which hurts very bad, but for the rest i have a smooth skin. I only wash my face with water, not with soaps or body lotion as i'm very allergic of that in my face.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Feb 15 2016, 07:03 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Regina @ Feb 15 2016, 06:47 PM) *
Other than it being as pale as a corpse

OMG SAME. I can never tan either when on holiday, I just burn ugh sad.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Feb 15 2016, 07:10 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Feb 15 2016, 06:39 PM) *
Clean & Clear is my best friend when it comes to skin care

Yeah, I used that for a long time, different types of it, both the liquid and the scrubbing ones, but they didn't help as much as I would've liked and I naturally moved on to other things. My skin has never been awful, but I would love to achieve the perfect skin.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Feb 15 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I'm pale af and burn easily but otherwise I'm fine

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 15 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #14
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I hate my skin laugh.gif Spot break outs never seem to fully go away and I seem to always have a dull red mark on flat skin. Not to mention freckles from about 7 years ago that have also dulled and make my skin look very greasy up front. Also, being as pale as Snow doesn't help either laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Feb 15 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #15
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

The Madonna song is a big favourite of mine wub.gif

On topic~ I have always had quite good skin I think unsure.gif I don't really use many products except post-shaving and I always fash my face (lol that sounds odd) which keeps it oil/acne free. I would say washing your face often is much better for your skin than using products!

I am also permanently tanned so no issues there for me cool.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Feb 16 2016, 02:18 AM
Post #16
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Eugh my skin has become such an issue to me over the past few months, especially around my hands and wrists, I also mentioned this in another thread but it's just so dry, to the point its painful. I have an underactive thyroid and a symptom of that is dry skin, so it's bad enough because of that but I think the cleaning stuff at my work dries it out even more combined with the heat from the pizza capper so it just cracks and bleeds and is generally raw, I carry hand cream around with me all the time now so that when I'm on a break I can at least moisturise them but it's not really fixing the issue, I think I'm maybe gonna have to go see my doctor as it could very well be that I need my dosage upped, but obviously I'd prefer to put some cream on my skin than take even more tablets.

I used to have really bad breakouts of spots through high school but luckily it's not that bad now, there are periods where my skin is bad for like a week but I expect that so I just make sure to use a daily scrub thing in the shower and I can control it pretty easily, I also use 'Grease Lightening' from Lush, it's honestly magical. I've never used a spot treatment that clears them so fast and you don't need to apply a lot of it so it lasts a while. I'm pale but I'm ginger so rolleyes.gif I get a ton of freckles across my cheeks in the sun but that doesn't actually bother me too much :')

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Feb 16 2016, 11:45 AM
Post #17
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

simple's cleanse tone and moisturiser I try and use every day but sometimes add in a lush face mask to be extra smooth on weekends lol

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:12 PM