BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What have you got planned for 2016?, wurwurwurwurk
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheGrinch
post Feb 17 2016, 12:51 PM
Post #1
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

So last night when I was being an owl, I began overthinking about life (no surprise there) and I began writing down my plans for 2016. This year will easily be the most scariest year of my entire life but could potentially be the best year of my life.

2016 Plans

While my main focus is University (I'm not Procrastination in the slightest right now), I've already began planning things from March - August due to my graduate job starting in September (although I'm still not sure if I'll accept it, depending on if I get a job offer elsewhere sooner).

In terms of concerts I'm going to see Years & Years in Glasgow and Coldplay in London, I'm looking forward to the latter as I love London. I've got Newcastle next month for the football which should be rather amusing. I'm also planning on eventually attending Edinburgh Zoo kink.gif , Krakow, Poznań, Budapest and hopefully New York. I've always wanted to do inter-railing but my "friends" are too difficult for that. I feel like the last month I've finally began organising my university life and my actual life which is a major achievement.

Have you guys got anything planned for the remainder of the year? I'm very interested to know if y'all have any holidays booked etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Feb 17 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I have a holiday booked for Berlin after I finish A-Levels with my best friend which I'm super excited about cheer.gif I'm literally just so excited to go to all the museums etc (and just BEING in Germany heart.gif heart.gif ) ohmy.gif

2016 is a pretty big year I guess :') Finishing my A-Levels and (providing I get the grades) starting university. I'm really ready to just leave school now, I've spent my whole life in this town and I'm just ready to move on! School wise I will be working on said A-Levels, with a few coursework deadlines coming up soon, and I'm also involved in the 500 year celebrations of my school which will be interesting ohmy.gif I don't really have any idea where I'll be in September yet as I still haven't got an offer from my top choice (it's been 5 months </3) but I'm hopefully going to be able to start planning for that soon kink.gif

Also this year I'm going to have to leave my part time job, which will be a little sad as (despite some weird customers kink.gif ) I really love working there! However I'm sure I will stay in contact with my colleagues and come visit them every now and then etc biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Feb 17 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #3
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

QUOTE(LushLifeLee @ Feb 17 2016, 12:51 PM) *
In terms of concerts I'm going to see Years & Years in Glasgow and Coldplay in London, I'm looking forward to the latter as I love London. I've got Newcastle next month for the football which should be rather amusing. I'm also planning on eventually attending Edinburgh Zoo kink.gif , Krakow, Poznań, Budapest and hopefully New York. I've always wanted to do inter-railing but my "friends" are too difficult for that. I feel like the last month I've finally began organising my university life and my actual life which is a major achievement.

Ooh have they finally got a place for you there then? ohmy.gif cheer.gif

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Feb 17 2016, 01:06 PM
Post #4
🙄

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Feb 17 2016, 01:02 PM) *
I have a holiday booked for Berlin after I finish A-Levels with my best friend which I'm super excited about cheer.gif I'm literally just so excited to go to all the museums etc (and just BEING in Germany heart.gif heart.gif ) ohmy.gif

2016 is a pretty big year I guess :') Finishing my A-Levels and (providing I get the grades) starting university. I'm really ready to just leave school now, I've spent my whole life in this town and I'm just ready to move on! School wise I will be working on said A-Levels, with a few coursework deadlines coming up soon, and I'm also involved in the 500 year celebrations of my school which will be interesting ohmy.gif I don't really have any idea where I'll be in September yet as I still haven't got an offer from my top choice (it's been 5 months </3) but I'm hopefully going to be able to start planning for that soon kink.gif

Also this year I'm going to have to leave my part time job, which will be a little sad as (despite some weird customers kink.gif ) I really love working there! However I'm sure I will stay in contact with my colleagues and come visit them every now and then etc biggrin.gif

I loved visiting the attractions in Berlin, everything is right beside each other which makes it even better <3 I recommend Currywurst.

QUOTE(HausofTroye @ Feb 17 2016, 01:03 PM) *

Make sure you come and visit x

This post has been edited by LushLifeLee: Feb 17 2016, 01:06 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 17 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #5
Ooga Boo
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,572

With any luck I'll get into the Art & Design Degree, if not then I am gonna cry in a corner for a year.
Or, most likely, focus on building a porfolio and saving money so i can try again next year.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Feb 17 2016, 01:20 PM
Post #6
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Just today my mates from school who I don't see often these days have brought up the suggestion of going somewhere warm for an all-inclusive holiday in the summer. Very excited for that if it can be arranged and my parents are planning on going to the Isle of Wight at some point too which I want to be part of if I can get suitable time off work, will have been 4 years since I last went.

Got about seven concerts booked too provided that work doesn't get in the way of any.

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Feb 17 2016, 01:21 PM
Post #7
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I think I'm going to have a look at doing some more of the fun run things that you see people attending on Facebook (like Colour Run, Tough Mudder etc.). Other than that, hopefully I might be able to get a weekend break away somewhere in Europe, even just to relive the feeling of actually being OUTSIDE of the UK. drama.gif laugh.gif

I might even find a new job as well, I might need people to pray for me if I'm still here come 2017! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Feb 17 2016, 01:27 PM
Post #8
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I shall hopefully be a home owner by the time the year is out.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Feb 17 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(LushLifeLee @ Feb 17 2016, 01:06 PM) *
<3 I recommend Currywurst.

Now that's just mean.

Places I'm going this year: Madeira, New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Butlins.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Feb 17 2016, 01:35 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Holiday plans aren't 100% solid yet but I think I shall be going to Tenerife for a bit this summer which would be gorgeous *.*

I haven't actually planned that much for this year yet! I guess cracking on with the rest of this academic year and then starting 2nd year in September for now, I imagine other plans will be spontaneous.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Feb 17 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #11
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I am not holidaying this year sad.gif

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Feb 17 2016, 01:41 PM
Post #12
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofTroye @ Feb 17 2016, 01:03 PM) *

s t o p

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Feb 17 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #13
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Currywurst is delicious wub.gif (although my favourite meat-type food I've ever had in Germany is STILL Leberkäse kink.gif )

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 17 2016, 02:05 PM
Post #14
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I totally forgot to mention Anastacia in May *.*

This post has been edited by Regina: Feb 17 2016, 02:05 PM

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Feb 17 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I would really love it if my cousin who I seem to mention quite a lot and is one of my best friends, would come over to visit from Estonia this year. She's been here in Ireland twice before (once in 2011, then again in 2013) and calls it her second home. She thinks about moving here too sometimes. However, she recently got a new job which was long overdue and I'm really happy for her, but she doesn't get time off until either June or July, so it can't really be before then. I myself have been planning to go back to Estonia again in addition to her coming over, but I might actually end up skipping it this year because all of a sudden I'm not as excited at the idea (this might all change) as I was, also I'll be quite busy with a certain popularity contest here on the forum in August (possibly starting at the end of July, if it's the same as last year), both participating in it and organizing it, so I want to work everything else around that.

Also some more "scary" things such as finishing my current studies, figuring out what exactly to do next, hopefully a job (although I'm so curious about trying my hand at studying psychology sometime so I've been looking up stuff about it, that might happen!), and also would love to move (same town I'm pretty sure, I'm not really much of a wanderer in that particular sense annoyingly) and live by myself, selfish as that may sound lol.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Feb 17 2016, 03:15 PM
Post #16
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

werqwerqwerq

i also think i want to move to asia (europe is too hard to get in that easily~) to study or work next year so maybe start planning that~ hopefully korea or singapore or china~

+Quote Post
Jack
post Feb 17 2016, 05:57 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I had loads planned last year this year it's kind of empty sad.gif

I've only just moved to Manchester which is a huge thing for me though. I hope to go on a couple of cheapish holidays though and I'll do loads of concerts too most likely.

+Quote Post
152chris
post Feb 17 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #18
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

my only planned holiday so far is a trip to manchester lol, will be attending my best friend's brother's indian wedding tho which has basically been a dream of mine since bend it like beckham came out.

sunday 17 april write it down manc kids i will be AT LARGE

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Feb 17 2016, 06:13 PM
Post #19
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I've going to see Eurovision in Stockholm in May which i absolutely cannot wait for. I think that's going to be my last holiday for the year, which is a shame but money is gonna be seriously tight for the rest of the year.

The biggest thing for me this year is that I've accepted a new job with a Big 4 firm, they finally said yes after literally years of me begging, so I'm moving to Manchester. I'm so looking forward to the new challenge and living in the North West. I'll be a lot closer to family which is nice given that the past couple of months have been filled with terminal cancer diagnoses sad.gif Will be glad that it's easier to spend time with family. Haven't resigned yet so it is looking like the start of April is the most realistic start date as i ain't quitting till all their paperwork comes back. I've got nothing to hide but I'm like super superstitious and really don't want to jinx it.

I will also have enough experience to qualify as an accountant in May (pretty much the day I get back from Stockholm) so being able to submit my application for membership will be a proper life goal ticked off. Hopefully may also come with a healthy pay rise that will allow me to finally start saving for a house.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Feb 17 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #20
🙄

QUOTE(Silas @ Feb 17 2016, 06:13 PM) *
I've going to see Eurovision in Stockholm in May which i absolutely cannot wait for. I think that's going to be my last holiday for the year, which is a shame but money is gonna be seriously tight for the rest of the year.

The biggest thing for me this year is that I've accepted a new job with a Big 4 firm, they finally said yes after literally years of me begging, so I'm moving to Manchester. I'm so looking forward to the new challenge and living in the North West. I'll be a lot closer to family which is nice given that the past couple of months have been filled with terminal cancer diagnoses sad.gif Will be glad that it's easier to spend time with family. Haven't resigned yet so it is looking like the start of April is the most realistic start date as i ain't quitting till all their paperwork comes back. I've got nothing to hide but I'm like super superstitious and really don't want to jinx it.

I will also have enough experience to qualify as an accountant in May (pretty much the day I get back from Stockholm) so being able to submit my application for membership will be a proper life goal ticked off. Hopefully may also come with a healthy pay rise that will allow me to finally start saving for a house.

#Pray4JakeWild

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 11:58 AM