BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 💷 / 💳
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
jakewild
post Feb 24 2016, 03:42 PM
Post #1
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

i try to pay for as much as possible with cash cos it definitely helps me reign in my spending seeing it slowly wither away from my wallet but then nights out always end in the card making an appearance when I remember I'm actually a roc-a-fella. contactless is the DEVIL

how do u spend that hard earned $$
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Feb 24 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I've started using apple pay and it still terrifies me

I usually pay by card because I barely ever have cash on me. even at the school canteen we have contactless payment cards. I'm the opposite though, I'm better at controlling my spending on my card because with cash once I break a note it will pretty much go

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 24 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #3
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Card usually which I really shouldn't do, I find that I'll spend less if I have cash because you physically see it go laugh.gif But with a card you can go to town, use it a few times, spend like £100 and not even care because you don't physically see the money go so it feels like you're not spending it, almost, until you look at your balance drama.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Feb 24 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Cash. Not that I've never used a card before (apart from gift cards to order on eBay)

Having cash just seems safer and more secure. Hackers can't crack and hack your pockets! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Feb 24 2016, 04:14 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I tend to use cash mostly! I do have a card but there are cashpoints like everywhere, one at Uni for example. I like to monitor what I spend and having physical cash there helps me with that, rather than the temptation of splashing out with my card. Debit card I only really use for online transactions I guess.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Feb 24 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #6
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Cash is always much much better for your wallet. I really control where I use my card (weekly food shop where I know how much I'm spending + extraordinary purchases where I might not have the cash on me really), while especially making sure to use cash whenever I'm out for the night.

And I just like the feeling of using cash far more, it makes the transaction seem more significant.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Feb 24 2016, 04:21 PM
Post #7
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

And if you're on the run from the government for whatever reason, they can cancel your card and if you're not prepared with physical cash, then basically you're f***ed.

+Quote Post
burbe
post Feb 24 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #8
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(princess_lotti @ Feb 24 2016, 03:44 PM) *
I've started using apple pay and it still terrifies me

I usually pay by card because I barely ever have cash on me. even at the school canteen we have contactless payment cards. I'm the opposite though, I'm better at controlling my spending on my card because with cash once I break a note it will pretty much go

Me too. It's much easier to control your spending with a card because you can actually see what you're spending your money on later on when you've got none left (sad.gif) and like you say, I find it very easy to use up money once I've broken into a note. I rarely carry cash around and if it's needed, there's usually a conveniently located cash point somewhere.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Feb 24 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #9
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

I'm not here for companies who don't do contactless yet (get with the times Sainsburys)

Use my card like 98% of the time, it's easier to just tap than get money out to hand over, have the person serving you work out the change or whatever. I'll basically only use cash if it's somewhere that doesn't accept card payment (like a market stall).

+Quote Post
mdh
post Feb 24 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #10
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I haven't got a card for obvious reasons, but I can't say i'm looking forward to getting one - buying with cash seems a lot easier and more convenient - at school we pay with our thumb (?????? why?) and I just don't see the point. Too much technology sad.gif nono.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
152chris
post Feb 24 2016, 06:22 PM
Post #11
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

card always and forever

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Feb 24 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Card but cash outside my country.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Feb 24 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #13
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(mdh @ Feb 24 2016, 06:16 PM) *
buying with cash seems a lot easier and more convenient

Can you explain this to me? tongue.gif In the simplest form, paying with card only requires a tap. It saves fishing the right amount of money out of your wallet, waiting for change, saves on trips to a cash machine. I totally get why people would prefer to pay with cash for some reasons posted further up, but I don't see how it's easier or more of a convenience.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Feb 24 2016, 06:41 PM
Post #14
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

Card always, I find it much easier to track my spending. I buy most things with my credit card tbh, which I use as my debit card. Keeps a great credit rating, I get cashback on it and I pay it off later.

I always use contactless when I can, unless I'm drunk - it's so much easier!

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Feb 24 2016, 06:43 PM
Post #15
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I now have a contactless so I doubt I'll really need to pay with cash ever again kink.gif

I use cash when I'm on holiday (though my Caxton FX card has proved a very useful alternative there) or away from home, and when I'm out as it saves time when at a bar and always keep a few tens in my wallet, but I use card for the majority of purchases I make, it's a lot quicker and easier, and crucially for me you don't need to worry about carrying round loads of useless change and whether you have enough money on you to pay for it.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Feb 24 2016, 06:43 PM

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Feb 24 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #16
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

It's so satisfying handing over a couple of silver coins (that as useless change, you otherwise wouldn't care about) for stuff you need. I mean with cash in general it is easier for me as I only look at my bank statement every now and then.

But then I don't have a contactless card (which is what you really need to make it more convenient) and that just sounds scary to my thrifty ways.

QUOTE(Jaspine Thompson @ Feb 24 2016, 04:21 PM) *
And if you're on the run from the government for whatever reason, they can cancel your card and if you're not prepared with physical cash, then basically you're f***ed.

Also I don't feel the importance of this statement is being considered. Team Cash all the way.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 24 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #17
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I have a debit card and maybe used it only once laugh.gif I always prefer cash, but I do have my card on me at all times incase I run into trouble.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Feb 24 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #18
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

The one time i used a card i got......carried away.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 24 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #19
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

I told you that you can't buy sex workers with your card Toby.

+Quote Post
Santa's Coming
post Feb 24 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #20
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

It was just that one time.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 03:16 PM