BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack's Razzies 2015: Final Awards Presentation, Started | The More Join In, The Quicker Results Go!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Hello and welcome to the Razzies awards presentation which will kick off after Lotti's Pointless (Probably 20:30/21:00 absolute latest)! 12 of you have hated on some of 2015's films so be prepared for shocks, surprises and some non surprises as we present the awards which will hopefully be fun, please people comment and join in during the Awards reveal. Tonight's presentation will predominately be hosted by me and we should be able to get through all the Awards! Josh has submitted some commentaries that I will probably post and Jahq may also do some commentaries!

Hope you enjoy and in the meantime predict what you think will win!

These are the nominations, what's going to dominate?!:
Worst Picture
Enemy
Fantastic Four
Mortdecai
The Revenant
The Ridiculous Six

Worst Male Lead Performance
Adam Sandler- The Ridiculous Six
Johnny Depp- Mortdecai
Kevin James- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
Kevin Hart- The Wedding Ringer

Worst female lead performance
Kate Mara "Fantastic Four"
Dakota Johnson "Fifty Shades Of Grey"
Mila Kunis "Jupiter Ascending"
Kristen Stewart "American Ultra"
Gwyneth Paltrow "Mortdecai"

Worst female lead performance
Emilia Clarke "Terminator Genisys"
Raini Rodriguez "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2"
Emma Stone "Aloha"
Kate Mara "The Martian"

Worst Supporting Actor
Eddie Redmayne- Jupiter Ascending
Ewan McGregor- Mortdecai
Hugh Jackman- Chappie
Hugh Jackman- Pan
Ninja- Chappie

Worst Director
Josh Trank "Fantastic Four"
Denis Villeneuve "Enemy"
Andy Fickman "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2"
David Koepp "Mortdecai"

Worst Animation
Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge Out of Water
Minions
Capture the Flag
The Peanuts Movie
Strange Magic

Worst Action
Fantastic Four
Enemy
Taken 3

Worst Drama
45 Years
Black Mass
Cake
Fifty Shades Of Grey
In The Heart Of The Sea
The Revenant

Worst Comedy
Hot Tub Time Machine 2
Mortdecai
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
The Ridiculous Six

Worst Sci-fi/Thriller
Enemy
Jupiter Ascending
Terminator Genisys

Worst Horror
Human Centipede 3
Poltergeist
The Lazarus Effect
Insidious 3
Sinister 2

Worst Prequel/Sequel/Remake etc.
Fantastic Four
Taken 3
Terminator Genisys
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
Poltergeist
Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge Out of Water

Worst Screen Combo
Fantastic Four Team
Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson- Fifty Shades
Johnny Depp & Anyone- Mortdecai
Shaliene Woodley & Theo James- Insurgent
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Starting in 10 minutes with worst prequel/sequel/rip-off! Predictions?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST PREQUEL, SEQUEL OR REMAKE

06. Poltergeist (0 votes)
05. Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge Out of Water (0 votes) [4 more second preferences]
04. Terminator Genisys (1 vote)
03. Taken 3 (2 votes)
02. Fantastic Four (4 votes)
01. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (5 votes)

And our first winner of the night goes to the absolutely horrific Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2! The painful comedy opened in April with some of the worst reviews of the year for a sequel that nobody wanted- the previous movie being released 6 years before. Unnecessary, unfunny and dreadful, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 deserves its win here, is this the start of the movie's domination tonight? Critically and commercially hated by everyone, Fantastic Four just misses out on the win here as the reboot got an even worse reaction than the two from 10/8 years ago (which were actually quite good). Taken 3 saw the franchise fall even further with critics and box office and Terminator was another failed reboot of the franchise, both movies receiving at least a vote in this category. And the mad but fun Spongebob and horror remake Poltergeist both picked up no votes!

Next up is Worst Screen Combo, who's going to win?

+Quote this post
Regina
post 26th February 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

#DownWithKateMara

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 26th February 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

'Fantastic 4' shoulda got that. But can't moan at 'Paul Blart', getting it though.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST HORROR

05. Poltergeist (0 votes)
04. The Lazarus Effect (0 votes) [1 more second preference]
02. Insidious 3 (1 vote) [same number of second preferences]
02. Sinister 2 (1 vote) [same number of second preferences]
01. Human Centipede 3 (7 votes)

Good that thing that should have been stopped a very long time ago won a worst award, absolutely horrible, horrifying and horrific. Human Centipede 3 scored 7 of the 9 top preference votes in one of the biggest landslides of the evening. Away from that horror in more than one way, critically hated sequel Sinister 2 and critically not too well received sequel Insidious 3 (which is a franchise that feels like it is fading) both picked up 1 vote and The Lazarus Effect scored no top votes with one 2nd preference. Once again Poltergeist scored 0 votes and 0 second preferences in a very good show for it tonight!
Next up is Worst Screen Combo, who's going to win?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST SCREEN COMBO

04. Shaliene Woodley & Theo James "Insurgent" (0 votes)
03. Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson "Fifty Shades of Grey" (2 votes)
02. Johnny Depp and Anyone "Mortdecai" (4 votes)
01. Fantastic Four team (6 votes)

Fantastic Four is rightfully taking home multiple awards today, it is really quite bad and the team didn't really have much chemistry at all. That's probably down to them rarely being together as a team, I think the first time Ben and Sue actually directly talk for the first time is in the final scene which is a bit embarrassing.
Johnny Depp is very flamboyant in all his films so I think it's hard for him to really be part of a combo when it's all about him and his performance. I haven't seen Mortdecai but I expect he's very over the top and therefore not gelling well with anyone on screen.
I haven't seen Fifty Shades either but one of the main criticisms was how little chemistry the leads have which is quite bad for a film that solely focus on one relationship...
Shailene Woodley and Theo James of the Divergent franchise managed to avoid any votes which is good for them, they'd probably be my last choice too because although they don't have much chemistry, there are still glimpses of it in some scenes and I think Woodley does a pretty good job of female heroine so we'll let the romance bit slide. COMMENTARY BY JOSH

My side note: Shame Mortdecai didn't win because that was horrifying but the Fantastic 4 cast had no chemistry with each other. Woodley and James shouldn't be anywhere near here at all.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th February 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I said it in the commentary but the whole Fantastic for dynamic was just so awkward. Deserving of that award for sure!

Not seen any of those horrors but the whole concept of Human Centipede is just terrible.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST ANIMATION

05. Capture the Flag (1 vote) [1 second preference overall]
04. Strange Magic (1 vote) [2 second preferences overall]
03. Spongebob (1 vote) [5 second preferences overall]
02. The Peanuts Movie (3 votes)
01. Minions (4 votes)

Minions was not the worst cry.gif Yeah it wasn't as good as expected, but it was still a fun one and a half hours! Minions just missed out on a positive movie nomination in the Buzzjack Movies Awards (Deadline in 3 and a 1/2 hours!) so I am surprised it won here! Peanuts was also adorable so shame to see that nearly winning. Despite dominating the nominations, Spongebob only received 1 vote (though a gigantic 5 second preferences!), and the two irrelevant animations round off this round!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #10
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST ACTION

03. Enemy (2 votes)
02. Taken 3 (2 votes) [6 more second preferences]
01. Fantastic Four (7 votes)

This category only had three nominees which allowed Fantastic Four to wipe out all competition and take home another award. It really was quite bad, I'm shocked it's even in this category really because as far as I remember I think it only had about four minutes of action and the rest was just boring set-up and a blink-and-you'll-miss-it fight scene at the end. This film was just really boring with some pretty cheesy dialogue too so thoroughly deserving of being the winner of worst action film of 2015 in my opinion.
Taken 3 didn't get that many first preferences because everyone just hates Fantastic Four so much but it got loads of second preferences so ended up second place here, I quite like it for a dumb film to sit down and watch but I think the shaky-cam was the thing that put so many off, there would be a shot of Liam Neeson jumping over a fence and there would be four or five cuts as well as a shaking camera and you just didn't even know what you were looking at. I suppose they have to use techniques to get round the problem of him aging but it didn't make the action part very enjoyable and we were left with the plot which we have two prequels that do the same thing.
I'm not sure why Enemy was even nominated in this category because it's pretty much a thriller through and through and I can't even remember an action scene in it but the point is that it's still really bad. It's boring, confusing at times to follow which Jake Gyllenhaal character is on screen and also just weird such as the spider imagery that didn't make much sense.
COMMENTARY BY JOSH

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:34 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST SCI-FI/THRILLER

02. Terminator Genisys (3 votes) [same number of second preferences]
02. Enemy (3 votes) [same number of second preferences]
01. Jupiter Ascending (5 votes)

Maybe I'm weird but I really enjoyed Jupiter Ascending overall, it had some shoddy parts like Eddie Redmayne and the bees following Mila Kunis but I thought it was visually great to watch, the plot had some good twists and turns, the leads were likeable and it was just enjoyable for me. This actually felt to me a lot like the Star Wars prequels in places so I guess that's why, once again, I'm in the minority who like it.
Enemy was bad but if you're into thrillers, I expect it was quite enjoyable. I don't really like them but take Sicario or something as an example of how to do it well, that was tense and exciting but this was just confusing and boring. One good thing I can say is that the score was really good and definitely added to the suspense in some scenes.
I liked Terminator Genisys too but it's the first film in the franchise that I've seen so I can't be upset that the originals have been tarnished or anything. I thought it was a good popcorn flick with some decent CGI and some good action scenes, not the best film ever but enjoyable nonetheless.
COMMENTARY BY JOSH

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th February 2016, 08:34 PM
Post #12
Group icon
c:

Minions made me laugh quite a lot so a bit gutted at that result. The Peanuts Movie was terribly boring so shame it couldn't pull through. Spongebob would have been my next pick because it was pretty unfunny at times although it had its moments.
Ha at Capture the Flag being called irrelevant laugh.gif It does feel that way though because it was a standard kids movie which didn't really make me feel anything.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 26th February 2016, 08:36 PM
Post #13
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

I haven't seen Human Centipede 3 (still refusing to watch the second) but I might try it!

I actually really enjoyed the Poltergeist movie ohmy.gif

minions deserve to win (or lose I guess??) all of the razzies. i hate them

+Quote this post
Regina
post 26th February 2016, 08:38 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

#DownWithKateMara in full effect yasss.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:40 PM
Post #15
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST DRAMA

06. Cake (0)
05. 45 Years (1 vote) [1 second preferences overall]
04. Black Mass (1 vote) [2 second preferences overall]
03. In the Heart of the Sea (1 vote) [3 second preferences overall] sick2.gif
02. The Revenant (3 votes)
01. Fifty Shades of Grey (4 votes)

The award goes to Fifty Shades of Grey here, I heard it was pretty bad but the BBFC rightfully set an 18 rating on this so I haven't watched it. It has been said that the chemistry was lacking, the dialogue was incredibly cringey and just the film sucked in general so no surprise to see it winning here.
The Revenant comes in second which I think is a bit unfair. It is massively overrated and unfortunately very dull in places, the 2 and a half hour long runtime is not justified which leaves some massive lulls in the middle but I thought it had really good parts too and I came out of the cinema thinking that I had seen something cinematically great so it's a shame it is this high for me. Hopefully Spotlight will win the Oscar though right?
In the Heart of the Sea, Black Mass and 45 Years all got one vote but luckily second preferences sorted that out. Not much to say on the former apart from don't watch it because it's quite boring. Black Mass just had way too many characters so was really difficult to follow who everyone was and why they were being killed, the acting from Johnny Depp in that is excellent though. 45 Years has been critically acclaimed but it's just not for me, it completely bored me and there are so many lengthy shots of pretty much nothing happening like people walking a dog for a minute which just made me totally switch off and dislike the film.
Cake managed to get no first preferences so is the best, worst drama of 2015. It also suffered from being really boring and also odd in places with Anna Kendrick just popping her head in randomly. Again, the acting from Jennifer Aniston is really stellar in this though!

COMMENTARY BY JOSH

UV's Extra Add: Why the heck didn't In The Heart Of The Crap absolutely storm this. By far the worst movie of the year and close to worst of the decade. Flipping horrific and should have won mad.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST COMEDY

04. The Ridiculous Six (1 vote)
03. Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (2 votes)
02. Mortdecai (3 votes)
01. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (4 votes)

The thing wins again as the comedy was about as funny as stabbing yourself multiple times. Though as bad as Paul Blart: Crap Cop 2 is, Mortdecai should have won for being one of the worst and most unfunny movies of this millennium. Everything about the movie was horrid and it should have been a shoo-in for a win here! Can it pick up an award later? The completely unnecessary sequel Hot Tub Time Machine 2 picked up a couple of votes and Adam Sandler's Netflix comedy with a troubled production, The Ridiculous Six, also picked up a vote!

Worst Director next. Who's won?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #17
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

More comments please before the big six awards heart.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 26th February 2016, 08:53 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

WORST DIRECTOR

04. Denis Villeneuve "Enemy" (0 votes)
03. David Koepp "Mortdecai" (2 votes)
02. Andy Fickman "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2" (4 votes)
01. Josh Trank "Fantastic Four" (5 votes)

And Mortdecai unfortunately gets away with not winning another award as we see Fantastic Four's 3rd win of the night so far, this time for director Josh Trank who managed the completely troubled production and tweeted how bad the movie was a few days before it was released, causing a lot of controversy! Andy Fickman, the director of the dreadful Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, also picked up some more points while Denis Villeneuve (director of the incredible Prisoners and did he do Sicario as well?) got 0 votes for Enemy.

Worst Supporting Actress next. Who's won?

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th February 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #19
Group icon
c:

Only seen Paul Blart out of all those comedies and it was quite bad so I don't mind. Mortdecai looks worse though and Ridiculous Six looks like something I'd like.

45 Years should have won worst drama..

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 26th February 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Thank God 'Minions' won! So bad and I say this as someone who really likes them in 'Despicable Me'!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:49 AM