Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Underworld - Barbara Barbara, we face a shining future, New album: 18 March 2016
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Feb 29 2016, 11:29 AM
Post #1
show ur id
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Underworld are going to release their first studio album in six years next month!

Here's a teaser:

And a full song:

Excited for this new material, I'm enjoying 'I Exhale' quite a bit. Planning to listen to all the other albums I haven't heard yet as well. Never been exactly HUGE on them, but do enjoy their sound and vibe.

01 I Exhale
02 If Rah
03 Low Burn
04 Santiago Cuatro
05 Motorhome
06 Ova Nova
07 Nylon Strung

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2016, 10:54 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Validating
Member No.: 21,580
   No Gallery Pics

I've had this on repeat all week, and I definitely feel this is their best album since Second Toughest In The Infants, way back in '96, and it seems to be getting some of their best reviews since then too.

Not that there's a fair deal wrong with most of the albums since then, of course (I love Beaucoup Fish and Oblivion with Bells; and like a fair amount of A Hundred Days Off) but what makes 'Barbara Barbara...' so good is that it's such a massive improvement over Barking, and by listening to parts of this record, you can tell Karl Hyde has been working with Brian Eno (their two collaboration albums on Warp from 2014 are rather good).
+Quote Post
post Mar 26 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #3
Group: Members
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I've been on a bit of an Underworld binge of late and I'd agree that this is their strongest album in a while, it's a very coherent listen and sounds suitably like a more grown up version of the Underworld style of the mid 90s. I love Nylon Strung and Low Burn in particular.

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Jul 20 2016, 08:35 PM
Post #4
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

Really enjoying the new single “Nylon Strung” at the moment.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 05:23 PM