BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sober Nights Out
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Slade
post Mar 2 2016, 01:45 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Have any of you guys ever been on a night out sober before? (or perhaps house parties if under 18~)

How did it compare to those where you had alcohol?

If not, do you think you ever could?

Discuss away~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Mar 2 2016, 01:47 PM
Post #2
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

What is sober?

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 2 2016, 01:48 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I've personally had two experiences of sober nights out. I actually don't drink at all so this is the only way I have done them! The first time I felt totally like a fish out of water at first, but I'm the type of person who gets rather hyper after a few fizzy drinks lmao so I quickly had fun. Lasted until about 5am completely sober and it was enjoyable and amusing watching everyone else in their drunken state! The second time I didn't enjoy it very much for some reason, probably didn't help that I hadn't slept much though!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 2 2016, 01:49 PM
Post #4
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Yeah I don't drink at all so any nights out ae sober for me laugh.gif I can still have fun and it's always nice to see people around me getting drunker and making boobs out of themselves.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 2 2016, 01:54 PM
Post #5
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Started doing it on the occasions I do go out now as I drink very limited alcohol these days anyway and when I do drink I start getting a headache by the early hours which forces me home, so I can last longer sober. It's entertaining to be in control in these situations, I find.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Mar 2 2016, 01:58 PM
Post #6
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(*Tim @ Mar 2 2016, 01:47 PM) *
What is sober?

A song by screech.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 2 2016, 02:17 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

It's embarrassing to talk about it, but like, I've had bad experiences in social situations due to me being a bit inept in them etc, so I don't actually have nights out in the club/bar/whatever sense of the word and I can't remember the last time I was at a party.. I'd like to, but idk. When I meet friends, we just hang around downtown or at one of our houses or whatever and maybe go for a bite. I do drink but I only do that at home or just sitting around at friends' houses. Also, none of my real-life friends are friends with each other which seems weird and puts a limit on the going out thing, and it's not like I have too many of them either sad.gif

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Mar 2 2016, 02:21 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I don't drink alcohol every time I go out, I don't feel the need to and love waking up without a hangover.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Mar 2 2016, 02:28 PM
Post #9
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I hate trying to stay sober if it's a big night out style thing as it just doesn't feel anywhere near as much fun as when I'm pissed... the thing I hate most of all is when you're drinking but you arrive several hours after everyone else and spend the entire evening playing catch up, I end up in this weird situation where I'm actually getting drunk but feel completely sober as I'm still a few drinks more sensible than everyone else there - it's bad enough being the 'sensible' one who always remembers everything and ensures everyone gets home okay without having that feeling compounded from the moment I arrive.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Mar 2 2016, 02:29 PM
Post #10
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

didn't drink alcohol til after I graduated so I did the whole of uni sober. Drinking has definitely made the nights more interesting in every sense of the word but I could definitely still have a sober night out if it was with the right people.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 2 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #11
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I'm probably the opposite laugh.gif guess I'd have more fun if I was sober more not than often.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Mar 2 2016, 04:00 PM
Post #12
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

All my nights out have been sober, even when I am drinking laugh.gif I just don't drink enough to get pissed 1) because even on student night, drinks are still £3-4 and I am usually skint and 2) I've never been properly drunk before so I'm not sure how I'd handle it and don't really want to experience that away from home, in a random club and where I only have an empty flat to go home too unsure.gif I don't really like going on nights out tbh, I much prefer going to someones house and just sitting chatting or whatever with some drinks rather than the whole pubs and clubs thing, I think my whole friendship group feels the same way which is why I haven't been on many nights out, I'm happy with that though biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Mar 2 2016, 04:05 PM

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Mar 2 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #13
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I can have equal fun drunk or sober. It's the company that matters.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 2 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I've had many a sober night. Usually because I just can't be f***ed drinking more than 1 or 2. The worst is when you're in a rammed club and you're totally sober. Everyones stumbling about the place, spilling everything, losing their dignity, getting in the way and i just can't hack it. I have a very looooow tolerance for drunk people when I'm sober.

Nights when you can't get drunk are irritating. Me and my mate were out once and we put away a f*** tonne of drink and were still sober AF. Literally strawpedoing two drinks at a time. We we're doing what Dandy describes and trying to play catchup. We eventually just gave up and went home because the rest of our mates were rat-arsed and we couldn't be f***ed dealing with them.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 2 2016, 05:34 PM
Post #15
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

I can barely manage nights IN sober so a night out without alcohol never happens for me. I do not care if others drink or do not, but I really enjoy drinking alcohol (in moderation) and getting drunk once a week so I make sure to do it.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Mar 2 2016, 05:35 PM
Post #16
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

oh hell no.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 2 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #17
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I can't really do it sober, unless it's my favourite club with my best friends but then I still feel a bit awkward and I probably won't dance I just stand and shuffle. Give me enough peach schnapps and I'll be doing the dance routine to Stop by Spice Girls in the middle and I prefer it that way, it's fine. Plus I genuinely just like to drink some sorts of alcohol, and drinking games are really fun. I'd never get even tipsy tbh if we didn't do pres, it's there that I get really bad if I do laugh.gif Out I usually get one or two drinks, unless it's a Wednesday because it's either quids in at one club or drinks are like £1.75 at the other, in which case I'll get a good few drinks kink.gif

Saying that, sometimes I do feel like not drinking because the other night I had a whole bottle of peach schnapps and like five shots of amaretto at pres, but by the time we got to the SU I was honestly barely even tipsy! And the music was so horrendous I just felt like I moaned about that all the time. If the music is really bad, I feel like that's when I have to be drunk and would rather be drunk. And by drunk I don't mean "forget the whole night and try and kiss everyone and embarrass myself falling over" drunk, I mean just happy enough to dance and have fun drunk laugh.gif I've been like that a few times at uni and it is so embarrassing so I'm more careful now. I've been there kissing my male friends on the cheek every 5 minutes, hugging everyone, I feel down the steps in the SU (like one of those really small steps, not stairs).... Normally if I'm really badly drunk I just don't remember things and there are a few bad pictures but I'd rather stick to that stage where you're fun drunk but not blind drunk laugh.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Mar 2 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #18
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

I don't need alcohol to have fun, but I need it to be able to put up with all the people bumping into each other, spilling drinks and screaming, as well as not fall asleep.

When I drink I can go till 6AM most of the times, but when I don't I am tired at 1/2AM

+Quote Post
Totto
post Mar 2 2016, 06:16 PM
Post #19
I was grindin' with the DJ with my hands on the floor!
Member No.: 20,441
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(*Tim @ Mar 2 2016, 02:47 PM) *
What is sober?

When you're the only with a driving licence.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 2 2016, 06:18 PM
Post #20
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I don't really need Alcohol to have a good time, but I always feel that after 2 or 3 drinks you feel less awkward and more relaxed even though you might not even be tipsy yet

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 06:18 PM