BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Has Your Life Changed In The Past 10 Years?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Houdini
post Mar 3 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

The upcoming 10th birthday of Buzzjack motivated me today to listen to some songs that were released around 2005/06, these songs instantly brought back memories of what life was like 10 years ago and also brought home to me how things have changed a lot. In 2006 I was a teenager at Sixth Form with practically no worries at all but now i'm in my mid 20's and I have responsibilities that I didn't have back then such as work and helping to support my family.

So how have things changed for you in the 10 years since Buzzjack was created?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 3 2016, 09:24 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Hmm 2006, I woulda been an innocent 8 year old in year 4! So yeah you could say that life has changed a lot laugh.gif especially as I actually exercised back then x

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 3 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #3
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

(actually not that much)

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 3 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Carer for 2, full-time job and permanently tired trying to fit in a social life here and there. Still having occasional holidays for a week during the year to stay sane.

The rest of the time I'm on buzzjack nowadays while watching TV or whatever. Hooray for Buzzjack! cheer.gif

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 3 2016, 09:34 PM
Post #5
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

I was a shy, insecure, confused 14 year old but I did really enjoy school. Now I'm a lot more confident, in a career I love and happier than ever! Buzzjack has also been a massive thing for me and I've made a lot of new friends through it - couldn't imagine my life without it/the people to be really honest!

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 3 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Well, I'm no longer a moody teenager laugh.gif Instead I'm now a moody adult magic.gif

In general I think I'm more comfortable in myself now. I slip back occasionally but certainly not to the level as before. I also don't really watch TV anymore, I used to watch it quite a lot but I dunno, I'm just not as excited about it now.

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Mar 3 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

10 years ago i was an 18 year old doing a social study, who just moved back in town in my own little house. Was in a long term relationship and partied every weekend and sometimes during the week, now i'm grown up,have a job,live in a bigger house and i'm more happy now than i was back then.

This post has been edited by Maurice: Mar 3 2016, 09:40 PM

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 3 2016, 09:41 PM
Post #8
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

A decade ago I was 16, studying for my highers. My life has changed in so many ways since then its ridiculous and too lengthy to list

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Mar 3 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #9
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I hadn't discovered the chart for the majority of 2006 and barely listened to any music outside of Now albums, how things changed~

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Mar 3 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #10
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

10 years ago I hadn't quite started secondary school and now I'm living independently in a big city, about to complete an apprenticeship and start a permanent position at work. Quite the journey.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 3 2016, 10:23 PM
Post #11
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

as with most people, my life and interests age 24 are for all intents and purposes unrecognisable compared with my life and interests age 14

except eurovision

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Mar 3 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #12
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Musically speaking, 10 years ago was roughly when I began to lose interest in the charts and began to look online to source more and more of my music, something I definitely don't regret one bit.

In my personal life, I would have been spending my days answering customer calls on the work helpline as an admin grade and would have been spending my evenings with my relatively new partner, Mr D*. 10 years later and I'm now co-ordinating a development project across several locations and parts of the business, having been promoted 4 times (which actually just feels crazy when I stop and think about it, the 10 years ago me would not have been expecting this to happen at all) - and of course Mr D* and I are still together, growing older together rather gracefully.

Bizarrely, I actually think my life has changed so much more between 26 and 36 than it did between 16 and 26. I think Buzzjack (and before that ChC Media) actually helped me a lot without me realising it - I've never exactly had confidence issues as such as I'd always felt capable and strong willed, I just never used to feel sure about whether people liked me or not as I've always been a little bit quirky and my sense of humour can sometimes be very leftfield... I'd often be that kinda mysterious person who would know about cool stuff but never really try and engage enough with anyone to form any sort of close friendships outside of a very select few... which kinda replicates how I behave on this site actually now I think about it - but anyway, becoming unintentionally popular on CHC and here (for a while at least!) I think did actually give me an increased sense of confidence that I could actually just be more 'me' in the real world too and that actually I might be okay taking that approach and it could just pay off - which I did, and I was, and it did... which was all definitely helped in part by the people here on the forum. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 3 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #13
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 3 2016, 11:02 PM) *
And of course Mr D* and I are still together, growing older together rather gracefully.

did you murder his parents for the house with the clock tower in the end?

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 3 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #14
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I miss you Dandy. If we could bring back Shoat I think my buzzjack life would hit a peak.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Mar 3 2016, 11:12 PM
Post #15
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Trashlexis @ Mar 3 2016, 11:05 PM) *
did you murder his parents for the house with the clock tower in the end?

They are in fact both still very much alive, despite both threatening to die on an almost monthly basis for all of the past 10 years.

And I don't yet have a tower either. sad.gif In fact, I'm doubly unhappy about that at the moment as they are threatening to build houses on some of the GREEN BELT land behind our house and that would mean we'd be overlooked and I detest the idea of being overlooked as most of the downstairs back wall is glass and people would literally be able to see everything we were doing. :/

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Mar 3 2016, 11:14 PM
Post #16
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 3 2016, 11:05 PM) *
I miss you Dandy. If we could bring back Shoat I think my buzzjack life would hit a peak.

That's really sweet. I miss Shoat too. In fact, as much as I can on an online forum, I miss all the people who were admins/gmods/mods with me during my brief flurry of power and popularity!

Edit: actually, that's not totally true, but I tend to forget the other one even existed during that period! kink.gif

This post has been edited by dandy*: Mar 3 2016, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 3 2016, 11:19 PM
Post #17
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Obviously, I've changed a lot just like everyone else, I've gone from a 12 year old maths geek and social recluse whose only awareness of popular culture was what video games he was playing that night (or occasionally on a wild night staying after school for chess club), I mean, what can you say about someone who's 12? I hadn't even developed any awareness or proper preferences yet.

Now, I'm a reasonably confident person, still got things to work at but I can get through social situations without messing up, I'm right at the pinnacle of education, doing something I'd never had thought I'd be doing even 4 years ago, I'm clued up on nearly every aspect of debates and current events, I have a musical knowledge and defined taste I'm not embarrassed by, and this site has really helped me with all of that. Just from having a good window to the world and being generally liked here, it's helped me put myself forward in aspects of life and there's been advice I've been given I've really taken to heart. And a lot of experience of power!

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Mar 3 2016, 11:44 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Mar 3 2016, 11:19 PM) *
Obviously, I've changed a lot just like everyone else, I've gone from a 12 year old maths geek and social recluse whose only awareness of popular culture was what video games he was playing that night (or occasionally on a wild night staying after school for chess club), I mean, what can you say about someone who's 12? I hadn't even developed any awareness or proper preferences yet.

There's nothing wrong with being a 12-year-old maths geek ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 3 2016, 11:59 PM
Post #19
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

True, I just said that to evaluate how far I'd come in my focuses, but I was also socially clueless and would have made a right tit of myself for YEARS if I'd been posting on here then.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Mar 4 2016, 12:18 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Mar 3 2016, 11:59 PM) *
True, I just said that to evaluate how far I'd come in my focuses, but I was also socially clueless and would have made a right tit of myself for YEARS if I'd been posting on here then.

One benefit of being old is that I didn't have the opportunity to make a complete tit of myself online when I was twelve. I think some of my posts would have been seriously embarrassing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 06:42 PM