BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buzzjack Timeline part 3 - 2011, 2012 and 2013
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 7 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #1
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

2011: The year of Jark's STD

(note: some of these threads are located in the Moderator Quarantine forum, created after our first spat with Google, as we weren’t sure where the flags were coming from, we moved a lot of threads that COULD have been dodgy in there, so apologies to pleb members if you can’t get to some of the links, I’m saying this especially for this year as this was the year of Shelli. If you have access to that forum and somehow HAVEN'T read it yet I recommend bingeing it if you’re a fan of collected cringe from posters you actually respect as adults now (though not me thankfully *.* ) especially all the Shelli threads I’ll link later)

(other note: I've linked loads of threads here, I'll try and highlight which ones are best but I've tried to include just any thread that MAY be of interest to people looking back in the past)

January – Dandy* is promoted to Lounge Mod, the first step on his rise to power. Joining Shoat, Tirren and Jark, he completes the latest Lounge Mod foursome, known occasionally as Jark’s STD*, who continue their reign of terror/reign of glory over the Lounge. 2011 is the year most dominated by this generation. The Lounge at this time was a place with a lot of strong personalities, jokes, and, at times, overzealous in deciding which threads or posters were worthwhile to talk about or not. Compared to what we have today, it would be almost unrecognisable. I don’t exactly want to say it was worse because it was certainly an entertaining time and it was this entertainment that caused me to stick around and try to be part of it, but you needed a thick skin and the lack of the ability to be offended. Though of course the former is a good thing to have in any aspect of life. The whole thing is a bit of a learning curve so I am going to glorify some arguments because they were so incredibly entertaining looking back.

January saw a lot of Lounge Looning, an opposition to the ever dominant iLoons at this time, those who worship iTunes and spend all day tracking unimportant movements of songs they like, a practice continued by a few to this day. (i.e. there was war between the chart forum and the Lounge, something that took years for us to fix in trying to get chart posters to interact with the community)
It, and 2011 in general is also the scene of, looking through the moderator quarantine forum, some depraved and cringeworthy topics chiefly spurred on by a new ‘character’ of the forum, Shelli Louise Po, I dare not even say the names of some of them. She was a young woman who was very openly liberal about her sexuality (to put it mildly) and about once a month, made a thread to tell tales of her exploits. To a load of horny teenagers who loved her for it. This carried on for ages, with her stories getting less believable and more full of holes.. This included a surprisingly well hosted version of Family Fortunes, to which the most knowing answer in history (although less knowing if Shelli was also Dubs) goes to:
QUOTE(Shelli Louise Po @ Jun 19 2011, 07:23 PM) *
Question 4- What name would I have if I turned out to be a 15 year old boy all along?
[b]Lyle (0)-
La La Landish

Yes, eventually, Shelli was revealed to actually be a guy named Lyle. I think this was in early 2012 so I'll briefly mention it then too but mostly I want to condense Shelli in one paragraph. He stuck around for a short time but his mask dropped, didn’t have anywhere near the charisma that drew people to Shelli and eventually disappeared.
A brief parody of her [18+] tag on the anal thread (her best thread to read through if you can access it) led to a couple of similar long threads, the latter being a prime entry in the Lounge vs Chart war (enough to be resurrected in 2013 and 2014) and also where I think Karma vs Klumzee started.

February – A month dominated by explorations of sexuality, as a a topic on what it means to be gay showed up.
To drive home this point, the inaugural (and the only one to ever get its results finished, albeit several months down the line) GAYRATE takes place amid mixed reviews of how seriously one should take rating how much of a queer somebody is. A great event to ease out people in the name of The Prophecy - that's a Buzzmeme we should bring back.. The refugees from ChC (including Colm, Charlie, Severin, Dandy amongst others) were continuing to integrate and were probably more influential at this point, I can definitely feel like there was a change in the forum (based on reading old threads) after they joined up.

March – Chiefly, Buzzjack’s 5th anniversary, the halfway mark of what we’re doing right now. It also involved some pretty lovely celebrations that I missed out on because I’d only just joined and decided to take two months off straight after joining before coming back and getting obsessed FOREVER. But what we had. With a season of Family Fortunes in full swing a special edition was commissioned, along with a Treasure Hunt, at which real-life monetary prizes were given out as a way to celebrate the anniversary. Timelines of all the years so far experienced on Buzzjack were brought out – and that’s how you go meta, kids. But yeah, the five year mark was a big month for Buzzjack. Also, Friday happened.

In the second half of the month, as the popularity contest for this half of the year, the LMs brought back the Buzzjack Knockout from the depths of the past, it hadn’t been run for 4 years straight. Over four rounds of typical popularity contest shenanigans, it culminated with a win for Dandy*, winning on countback against Gooddelta, with Jester and Shoat making up the top 2 of a rejects final, those who got knocked out in the semi-finals.

April – A rather long monthly thread but aside from the tail end of BJKO, not a whole lot happened in this month aside from more of what’s been said previously. Over in BJSC, semi-finals were reintroduced for the first time in a year (due to it suddenly getting slightly popular again after nearly dying in 2010) In the five years since, only one contest has been without semis.

May – News stories of the AV referendum, the death of Bin Laden and Eric Saade coming third in Eurovision made this month a bit more interesting than the last. The BJSC mods also trial a new format in BJFestivalen, which becomes popular enough to return as a regular spinoff. I’m also starting to find my early posts with more regularity. Which is bad news for me as reading yourself as a 17 year old is… well, we’ll get to that later. I’ve just seen a use of a smoke.gif emoticon (I guess I’ll talk about my experiences a bit a good deal in this thread, so I’d encourage all of you who were here for these years to do the VERY SAME to even things out). In the last week of the month Oricon goes on a serious spamming spree, giving him what I think is his only ever #1 on the Posters Chart. Meanwhile, some of us have been here years without one. Right in the middle of one of the most interesting debates I’ve managed to take part in on Buzzjack as well (I was less informed back then, btw)

Ima got banned around this time. I think that’s all I need to say, like with Kobbar further down, just the link to his appreciation post gives you the best of him.

June – Up to now in 2011, the Family Fortunes series had been running to amazing success with tons of people playing and a few people (Shelli, Kuki Sanban) reliable for silly answers, I think there was a declaration of Africa as a country, as is classic. But at the beginning of this month, a new quiz format is debuted by Dandy*.

Never Mind The Buzzjacks is an instant hit and in its first run was nearly as popular as the reliable FF, which it would soon replace for the rest of the year. Even if I was always completely useless at it due to not having a developed musical knowledge then. Future Lounge Mod randomfurlong was pressured to sign up by Tirren. A brief period where favourite songs of all-time were counted down in the Lounge emerged, started by gooddelta and followed by a few of us over the next few months.

At some point around here the Pastry Forum and a spammer known for advertising lace wigs became a brief Buzzmeme. I can’t find any threads on the matter so someone else fill me in there, but I can inform you that there was a brief Lace Wig forum created with the following description ‘Lace wigs can often become tired, flat and drier than Tirren's vagina. For all your lace wig-related queries and dilemmas, feel free to pop in and take advantage of all the free advice on offer, including expert opinion from our in-house sage, Lady Anne Williams.’

July – Oh god. This isn’t me having to randomly draw attention to myself because I think the bare facts are that the main attraction of this month was… the top 100 tracks of Shoat. If you know who Shoat is and his apparent penchant for 90s MoR then it’s an essential read.

Okay, that aside, that really is a funny thread, but what also happened right at the tail end of this month, and it’s taken my greatest strength to reread this, but spurred on by a brief debate with Pavel in a thread, ironically entitled ‘How can you improve as a poster, thrust me right into the public eye of Buzzjack. Whereas before I’d been a bit of a bland yet up and coming poster, now, with the freaking Rate on the doorstep (although reading the mod lounges makes me realise that this last minute 'gambit' was what put me into the Rate at all for 2011), I outed myself as a lover of My Little Pony by posting a meme picture to bat away Pavel. In my entire time on the internet, I have never had a thread derail so fast against me. Though I really didn’t help myself. Really. That thread is the one place on Buzzjack where I will say that I’ve been a terrible poster. Though it’s also where I started to really like Bre (like, a lot more than I did already, as he was my main reason for joining up and all):

QUOTE(Bré @ Jul 27 2011, 11:28 PM) *
Eyes is correct, My Little Pony is a valid meme and there are a lot of fans of it much outside little girls. I'm not defending the show itself but it is SORT OF A BIG DEAL on the internet so Eyes is not as weird as some of you are making him out to be.

Ty bae xx

And the following dedicated pony thread which I (in my naivety) opened up for MORE ridicule. Seriously, don’t look in those threads. Or do. But it’s a thing that happened. Ponies. They happened. And most importantly, and I take partial credit for this, they brought us SEVENSEIZE. Where would Buzzjack be without him?

YEAH THAT’S WHERE

August – Yay, a month where we're not talking about 2011 me. Obviously, being August, a Buzzrate was run, and 2011's Buzzrate holds the record for the longest single Buzzrate with 240 pages, including one of the most verbose rates ever from Tirren (page 202), a beautiful destruction of starryeyed from Cremey although the picture and its context I think are both lost to time, Lee Wallace transforming from a blandie coincidentally JUST BEFORE THE RATE into someone with actual personality and the usual argument spectacles if you feel like reading to find them.

The results gave nearly every poster their own post, making them a good read imo. The winner, in a rematch of the BJKO score, was gooddelta, taking it very easily for the second year in a row with no challengers seen for the foreseeable future. At that time, while he’s still a very lovely person now, Rich was everywhere and was the first person on here anyone would think of when they said ‘nice person’. And also ‘camp pop taste but a straight ginger’, which was a good way of standing out! Dandy* was in second. Tirren was third, Jester was fourth. This will become important next year.

In real life, this was the month of the England riots and a huge thread debating the causes of the riots was started. This may not be that interesting to some of you but the documentation of a historical event as it happened on here is striking to me.

September- any1 gutted that ramseydawson never stuck around? Because here is where he and his hand cramp makes his appearance. When a thread called ‘hi’ reaches 9 pages, something went wrong. Tirren’s vanity at this time continued to be apparent, noted by him emulating Popjustice. Also, Johnkm pioneers the first Album Cover Puzzle.

And finally, the best thing that happened this month (although it actually started on the last day of August but I have too much for there already), was that Griff, still very much a background poster at this point, convinced one of his friends who randomly stanned the iconic Finnish band The Rasmus to sign up. He instantly made a thread to this point. Naturally I went along with him on this noble crusade. It’s a huge car crash of a thread (and the best troll since Demo Tape).

Speaking of trolls, about this time was the poster KOBBAR. Notable mainly for his obsession with how deaths impacted the chart, he disappeared soon after this but would be eternally referenced. The thread earlier this year has all his moments readily available (someone bump it). The only time I can remember a celebrity taking his advice by dying at the beginning of the chart week was poor old Whitney Houston.

October – A pretty quiet month, after the monstrous rate, the rest of 2011 was quite dead from the comedown, so the annual Buzzjack is dying thread appears.

Cal joined the BJSC mod team, a position he only just recently gave up, which is a long old stretch for one of our most underrated posters.

November – A totally innocent poll that was not to do with anything appeared (look I’m sorry Bre it’s about all I can find for this month).

Oh and an EDL member joins up. Because after an obscure demanding loon, Kobbar, and a re****, that’s the next logical progression. Also, on the other hand, intellect.

December – The latest successful edition of Songwriter was started, eventually won in February by… me. Woohoo. Jkac came second (remember him?) with Atonement third.

In more important news, the Buzzjack Awards were run, and didn’t get finished until the start of next year so I’ll leave THAT for 2012.
In the dying days of 2011, another new quiz format was pioneered, the form of the LIVE POINTLESS. The winner of this competition (Gooddelta I believe), was rewarded with a Kindle. It was a very intense evening.

And the good year of 2011 was done. I hope that’s enough links for you. All ribbing, banter and dragging up of things that maybe should stay dead is meant in good faith and fun. We were all younger then. And seeing many of these posters post more regularly than now, if at all, is really making me miss them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 7 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #2
don't lose your way

2012: The year of SHOCK and CONTROVERSY (and lounge DESPERATION)

January – 2012 kicks off well, with a tradition that we could have done with this year, the Deathpool being run to cries of ‘morbid’.

The aforementioned Pastry Forum is killed to the sadness of all.

The results of 2011's awards come through. Notable winners include randomfurlong winning the inaugural Best Emerging Poster, Jark Funniest Poster, Ghosty (master of BJSC stats back then) the most Hardworking Mod, Lee the most pathetic loon, Dandy* the poster of the year and the four lounge mods the Ultimate Clique. That’s how it was back then. Unfortunately this start to the new year also leads to a beautiful topic where we complain about people's posting habits, that would last for a couple of years coming up now and again.

Gezza joined the Chart Mod team this month and has been delighting chart lurkers with his info-filled sales countdowns ever since.

February - Nothing. Sometimes we have them.

March – At the end of this month, after another load of ‘mostly dry for history’ posts, something unprecedented happened. The four lounge mods, Tirren, Jark, Shoat and Dandy, the pillars of the community, all resigned in one fell swoop. What was being kept from the masses at the time was that Tirren and Jark were staying on for the next few months at least, but with Shoat planning to step down and Dandy* getting promoted to GM at the same time, this was the best way to grab attention. And it worked. After a brief period of disbelief and partying (you have to understand that the lounge mods almost WERE the community up to now), applications were opened and 152chris and Charlie were the lucky two to get promoted.

In other news, Slick does a very successful countdown of the top 100 posters to post in the Lounge up to 2012 (which I recommend reading if the previous timelines have gotten you curious about a few of the older personalities, or want to see them coming back and making a fool of themselves – hi Matt dot), and of course, never forgetting what artists make you triangle?

April – Started in March but mainly crossing over to here, 2012’s Lovechart launched, bringing the concept back after being rested during 2011. I can’t wait to see that back, it’s been too long. Meanwhile rumours of just WHO Shelli was were circulating all through threads. The lovechart results finalised with Gooddelta winning, Dandy* coming second, Tirren in third. Sound familiar? Seems like no one could break this deadlock… although there was a shock new entry for one particular member into the top 10. Liam. And Pavel. Not anyone called Eyes. No sir. (I wasn’t even expecting to be top 30 in this one, it’s my favourite popularity result of all time) Also jkac won the hate chart and promptly blandified himself.

May – Jark resigns from Lounge Mod, with two new ones being announced, randomfurlong and Eyes, based off them being the two that most narrowly missed out two months prior. While Tirren was still kicking around, this truly kicked off the new era, what I like to think of as the ‘indie’ Lounge Mod era before Lee Wallace got his hands on this place. Or team REC1. Because that’s what we did. Rekking. And recreation. First order of business, revive Family Fortunes. Always a winner.

If you want some summaries of the posters of the time (most of whom are still around in some form but STILL…), read the first few pages of this thread. It might have got derailed in 2013.

June – The Jubilee sparked a MONARCHY RATE and the truth about Shelli was finally revealed. As one of their own, 152, was in with the MODS, the hipster smoothies became ever more powerful and at this point, for a brief moment of glory, were buzzjack’s key clique??? doug is leader ~

Pavel-hosted BJSCs are often ripe for controversy, through the fault of dear Pavvii or not, and BJSC 45 was no exception (and the latter). Ryan entering future UK #1 smash I Love It spiralled into an argument that would last many pages.

July – Erm, I hosted this Lounge event. The Olympics started and had a 50+ page Lounge thread to go alongside this awesome event. As that was the best part of this summer it deserves mention.

August – The Rate this year was unusual for a couple of reasons. Firstly, all of the top four posters from last year, gooddelta, Tirren/Qassandra, Jester and Dandy* were CONTROVERSIALLY excluded. As conventional wisdom had it that they’d be hogging up all the top spots ANYWAY. As the current up and coming new uncontroversial people pleaser, this ‘field widener’ pretty much left it open for my good self to walk it (although reading it back a bit, I’m shocked at just how many 10s I got). However, ‘I would have beaten them just fine’ is now just as true as ‘Gooddelta and Dandy* would have wiped the floor with you’, we’ll never know. Incidentally, it was the lowest score for a Rate winner ever, but we did have that time round DEDUCTIONS for those with an average higher than 6 threatened, which skews that a little (and actually I fell foul of that deduction myself, beating Bre by 8 points instead of 18). But heh, everyone likes a shock/flop winner, don’t they? Slick came third in a last hurrah before his dropoff after resigning from Adminship the following year. One of the more unusual arguments this year was a fake one between Peter30 and Gooddelta (neither of whom were even in the Rate, they just engineered it for extra controversy). What was also finally unusual was that at the very end, previous prime personality of Buzzjack, Tirren, decided that he’d outgrown Buzzjack and left prior to results being presented. Again, this was a big deal at the time. Kind of. Less so than all four Lounge Mods stepping down because… 1 vs 4, and Tirren’s CULT de personalite was starting to lessen. But he wouldn’t post again for two months, before slowly coming back in the wizened old snarker/Eurovision mod Qassandra persona that we love him all for now. This did leave me just ABOUT cobbling together a results thread where I (well, technically Charlie, Chris and David did that bit) announced my victory as the new emperor of Buzzjack. Which would also last just a little less than two months.

September - Very little in Buzzjack terms happened, everyone’s too busy dealing with the new academic year (if they were in education at that time). Though we’re starting to enter the era of Griff. Dark times may be ahead (I debated whether to include some of these but as a historian I don’t want to ignore the bad, just remember it’s all in the past and it’s fine to stay there).

OctoberIncest. And Tirren's return (though it would still be a while before he returned to regular posting). Unfortunately only available to mods but it’s a fantastic (or horrifying) debate topic which really divided the Buzzjack populace right down the middle.

MatthewFirth was the year’s resident troll, a bizarre poster appearing to lack in reading comprehension and asking the dumbest questions. He was active from approximately May through to October, even appearing in the Rate, finally realising that his stupidity wasn’t appreciated, leaving.

QUOTE(MatthewFirth @ Oct 7 2012, 06:57 PM) *
Damn it. I QUIT! GOODBYE BUZZJACK

(Also, delete this post, and every other post I've done).

We did not.

His ‘attempts’ to enter BJSC with Palmoutia are probably the most worth reading. He would later, in 2013, submit an alias, under the totally different name of MJF, with a country name of Pilermo. Nothing suspicious about that.

The most successful event our foursome of Lounge Mods organised throughout our tenure was easily Buzzjack Knockout 2012. This one is specifically famous for the shock result of one reigning Rate winner being the only Lounge Mod to not make it to the semifinals, beaten by Randomfurlong.

Late October time is often an interesting time on Buzzjack, as in 2012 there was this topic. It’s kind of the essence of Griff, I may be mentioning him a bit more in this history but that is the essential Griff topic if you only want to read one.

November – The US Election happened, with vast sighs of relief that Obama got another 4 years, with merely one mention of Donald Trump in the topic. Looking forward to this year’s one, where it’ll probably be a whole lot less optimistic.

In NOVEMBER, Griff takes it upon himself to run Buzzjack's favourite Christmas songs. Meanwhile, Dandy takes it upon himself to run Buzzjack's favourite Chris, and we continued to have mod antics. Yolo.

December – The world ends. Fini.

Also, there were Buzzjack Awards, with results. Awards that may be of note, Lee Wallace won Most Overrated, Gezza (whose brilliant chart countdowns first became apparent this year) won Most Hardworking Mod, Johnkm winning his first Queen Of Life award, me winning the Poster Of The Year (I’ve talked about myself here too much, I’ll stop for 2013, because that’s when I became irrelevant).

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 7 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #3
don't lose your way

2013: The year of Neon Tigers

January – Griff gets a hostile reaction for bringing weekend plans back, Lee Wallace is told to stop wishing death on other people. Older posters complain about cliques and how everything’s about Griff. Not the site’s finest hour.
Dannjohn launches Queer Fear. Not the site’s finest hour.

FebruaryPointless is the last of the Lounge quizzes to get started on a (regular) basis – various one-off quizzes have been done also, and by now we were a little desperate. This would evolve into the first quiz series to use alternating quiz formats (honestly I’ve had the most fun while doing this reading old Family Fortunes results threads <3), which I’m sure everyone will agree by now is the most successful format for them.

It’s now three years in the future, how does this topic compare with the reality now? Hopefully we’re all a lot more optimistic (although only read to the end if you’re a fan of derails de [GRIFFDACTED])

March – The most important thing here is that after a long time of it being Jester and Slick in the driver’s seat next to Phil as Admins, we lost Slick in favour of Dandy* being promoted to Admin. Down at GM level, RabbitFurCoat also resigned, bringing in Iz and Johnkm to the Management team. We’re actually the latest two to join the Management on here. It’s been 3 years, and it’s been a fantastic ride. For us both I hope. I’ve certainly learned a lot. This led to spaces in various mod positions…

Also, if you ever wanted to see how we think of ourselves, now you know (feat. a Book post)

Buzzchart 2013 launched and was again a fairly successful venture, with CLOOOS that were generally far harder than 2012’s version. The results thread (includes the most successful ‘straight’ derail I’ve ever seen Buzzjack have starting at about page 27) saw a victory for Bre, his first popularity contest win I believe, with Leww in the runner up position.

April – Amid some new temporary appointments for the Lounge (Silas, Lee Wallace and Leww), arguably the most successful edition of Teams was launched. Well, perhaps second-most successful, I wasn’t around for the original. But Teams 3.0 was everything this generation of Buzzjack posters could have ever wanted, a healthy dose of competition between Red Drips and Neon Tigers, a vague acknowledgement of the other two teams, some well-funded and excellently run tasks, and it all felt so fresh and new.

If you’ve never experienced a teams like that one, you need to. There’s too many things to talk about (especially how we all bonded with our teams against all others, I still have fond memories of Neon Tiger chats), tasks including treasure hunts, a #rooaid twitter task and experimenting with various quiz formats but I guess the highlight was the alias task where everyone adopted a different personality under a different account and decided to go crazy on the shenanigans side of things.

Highlights of Teams 2013: Griff's Password | Drip-Feed (as much as that pains me) | Shadeux counting to a million | Team Banter | Shadeux do BJSC | alias bitching thread | a sample of what we posted as aliases sad.gif

Over in BJSC (one mention of that forum each year), a couple of controversial vetos led to a new veto framework that would continue to be used to this day and a contest without a veto was run to give time for the new system to take shape. Thankfully, few people took advantage of this and LIV ran smoothly.

In other news, Liam, Umi and Ryan formed the terrible Pop Mod trio that introduced the dreaded thread standardisation. Haus also joined the mod team in RnB, swagging it up to this day. And Charlie managed to get a legacy mod position in Perspectives, as by the end of this trial period he and Leww would leave the Lounge Mod job.

May - Final team results were a neck and neck competition between Red Drips and Neon Tigers, the former just about being victorious thanks to an active mole.

Yammywhammy meetup happens, still the most notable multi-member meetup I can remember. A second meetup would happen in October.

June- The least notable of our popularity contests, mainly because it’s just like Eurovision but with posters, CODE is run. This is the last time it’s run to date as on the whole 2013 was an overactive year for popularity contests and amid concerns they were coming too often we’ve now limited them to twice a year so they can be more special.

Lee Wallace won this, btw, before handing it off to the true victors, iamspamspamami.

Dannjohn’s vlogs return under the comparatively acceptable guise of #DrinksWithDann. Sadly, like with QueerFear, the videos are now lost to history.

Oh, this was also the time of the JOHN NEWMAN VS SATURDAYS week. Thank you Seven/all other Newman loons and all Saturdays loons for providing the most memorable iTunes thread I can remember in my time here. Nothing like a good ironic loon war.

July- More unique quizzes turn up, we have Suede hosting a special version of Pointless, Regina hosts a celebrity spottingquiz while Lex takes on the purest of subjects, Geography. Jark hosted this year’s Ultimate Artist, under a more unique guise than previously.

August – Yay, rate month! Highlights include Chez Wombat’s zoo rate (page 87), Colm’s rate (the image is now lost to time but they’re always good), Pavel writing stories (page 105), and Griff (identifying features like avatar briefly changed) delivering the perfect AlexRange rate (page 120). So it was quite a classic rate on that front. Results saw a top 5 led by Haus, his first victory, with gooddelta, leww, Lee Wallace and Dandy* making up the rest of it.

Towards the end of this month, Bre (the obvious choice at the time) joined the Chart Mod team, while the BJSC team, after a gruelling Temp Mod process (for which two of the original 5 were the new GMs, now pseudo-BJSC mods anyway) welcomed two new faces in Jahq and Oricon!

September- The latest edition of the Gayrate to date is run, without any results but with the addition of all scoring based on the Kinsey scale. If not another gayrate, maybe Tirren could provide us with a Kinsey forum average as I feel going into 2016 the site may have for once, legitimately gotten straighter. But then I have an absolutely SHITE gay radar anyway, I never saw Silas or Robot coming for example, I took them at face value.

Probably more important, September saw a revamp to the Entertainment area, splitting the TV forum into UK and International, giving mods there a special colour and welcoming a host of new and otherwise mods to the team, Haus, Jake, Pavel and Oliver.

October- October does seem to be a month for a bit of soul-searching and attempts to get a rise. BJKO Thirteen is launched, still successful despite pop contest burnout, notable for also admitting that Griff was acting rather likeable at this juncture. Final results saw another win for HausofKubrick (get used to this pattern), with leww in second, Lee Wallace in third, Robot 4th and Pavel 5th.

November - Sandro Ranieri was about around this time. He was a new account of the old Craig, let back earlier this year on a short leash. This month especially, he was very about. If you feel like getting an extended dose of his craziness look back in the Perspectives forum but for a distilled version, his contributions in this thread should give you a good idea. Warning: contains UKIP. If you want to see Sandro at an ever so slightly less offensive, but still bad, but also want a good discussion of general life in Buzzjack him aside and a great example of how a thread can be about many different things with many people getting really involved in the conversation, try this. Or this. Or this. He'd get banned in a few months.

November also saw the original Google scandal. Inspiring fear that the site might be shut down no less. Google required us to remove all pictures (and conversations, although experience since has taught us they seem to be more concerned with the visual) from public viewing, or at least from places that show ads. So that’s why the Moderator Quarantine forum was created and why we can no longer post images of topless men or racy pictures altogether. And why no topics of a sexual nature are allowed. For lewdness, take it off-site (and that includes you, Brade).

December- Dan and Jake joined the Genre mod team in their current roles while Liamk97 joined the chart mod team.

Buzzjack Awards again. And a Christmas Songwriter. For the results, Griff NEARLY won most improved but had to concede to Joseph (but in all honesty, if the story of Griff had ended there, it would have been a very impressive one, to go from scourge to likeable normal person in the space of a year), Jade won Best Emerging Poster – which is a perfect beginning to her dominance over Buzzjack, Jahq won Most Hardworking Moderator and then proceeded to give up the Personal Chart forum that had won him that award kink.gif, our leader Phil won most Hardworking Management member (deservedly over myself), Haus won Poster Of The Year, and Lee Wallace and his Ego was deemed the duo of the year. How apt that was…

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 7 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #4
don't lose your way

I HOPE that's not too much of a textblock for all of you, I do get carried away sometimes.

John posted his threads up in management, I'll move them into the Lounge in a minute.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Mar 7 2016, 05:25 PM
Post #5
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

Iz, that commentary is beautiful, seriously incredible. I couldn't help but laugh at your comments and it's reminded me how much 2013 was my favourite year on Buzzjack.

Lee Wallace is told to stop wishing death on other people.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 7 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #6
DROTTNING!
Group: Members
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

THE PROPHECY™ never DIED!

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Mar 7 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #7
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Member No.: 11,709

Ahh, I so wish I had been able to write the timeline entry for GOOGLEGATE. The assorted back stage waves caused by that are almost certainly my favourite time on Buzzjack.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 7 2016, 05:31 PM
Post #8
don't lose your way

QUOTE(Qween @ Mar 7 2016, 05:29 PM) *
Ahh, I so wish I had been able to write the timeline entry for GOOGLEGATE. The assorted back stage waves caused by that are almost certainly my favourite time on Buzzjack.

I just remember them being stressful drama.gif I was sending any smut I could find down to the Quarantine forum.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 7 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #9
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

Incidentally Googlegate is my favoured excuse for why I never finished GayRate II

+Quote Post
PuppiesAre4Ever
post Mar 7 2016, 05:35 PM
Post #10
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

Now *this* stuff I can claim to have experienced~ that oh so memorable 2013 edition of TEAMS, the "Griff era", the introduction of Buzzjack legends like SevenSeize, MatthewFirth, Kobbar and Ima, the Newman looning etc., certainly 2012-13 is my favourite time period on Buzzjack thus far <3

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Mar 7 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #11
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Where is Aled threatening Katherine Jenkins over Twitter tho?

Great read. Loved Teams in 13 and that rate. That was a pretty good year for Buzzjack and probably the one where I started posting more, despite being here since 2006.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Mar 7 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #12
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

2013 heart.gif

It was a very enjoyable 'first' year and teams was amazing! Long live the Neon Tigers!

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 7 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #13
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Is that is such an incredible write-up. Brought back so many memories and your thought and effort to that is INSANE.

2013 was my Lounge birth year I think so a lot of memories being sparked up in those sections particularly Teams and all the Red Drip shenanigans. My single favourite ever month spent in this place <3

(I am bookmarking this thread so I can refer to it in future / when i'm feeling down / bored - is that sad?)

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 7 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #14
don't lose your way

QUOTE(T Boy @ Mar 7 2016, 05:36 PM) *
Where is Aled threatening Katherine Jenkins over Twitter tho?

Great read. Loved Teams in 13 and that rate. That was a pretty good year for Buzzjack and probably the one where I started posting more, despite being here since 2006.

Almost included that, I couldn't really find anything to say about it. (poor Aled, he doesn't even post anymore)

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 7 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #15
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

OMG re-reading the Shoat Top 100 Tracks Ever thread reminded me of the UTTERLY INACCESSIBLE (to everyone but myself, Johnkm and the eponymous) JARK AUTOMOBILE thread, which I think got deleted forever by Shoat after I wouldn't let the in-joke go but which nearly made me break a rib laughing the first time around

FIND IT QWEEN

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 7 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #16
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Bloody Google drama.gif

Still don't get it if you have to be 13 to use the forum yet they seem to think that people 13+ are not mature enough to view such obscene pornography as topless men wacko.gif

Hope they change their mind or Phil contacts Google again some time because it's simply unlogical.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Mar 7 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #17
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

Read my 2011 rate post back. That was Buzzjack's Be Here Now.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Mar 7 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #18
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

OMg I think 2013 was when I entered as a new entry! cheer.gif

Still a new entry tbh!

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Mar 7 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #19
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I thought 2014 was when you crashed in at 96.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Mar 7 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #20
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I meant the site!

I am a new entry on the site AND the charts from that point on.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:50 PM