Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Patrick Wolf, spring 16
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ne Plus Ultra
post Mar 10 2016, 07:30 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,817
   No Gallery Pics

It’s been a while since we heard actually new music by charismatic British singer PATRICK WOLF. Now he announced Wildawake, his first studio album since 2011’s Lupercalia. The record arrives this spring via the Bloody Chamber Music Label and you can already get a glimpse on its first single Wild Life. The song itself marks a surprising change in sound for the musician as he unfolds a bass-pumping piece of EDM-infected electropop.

‘Today I put my ear to the ground and heard the beat of dancing bears, roar of the captive crowd, these dismal stories do ourselves confound, but I just want to wild awake, wake the wild sound,’ explains PATRICK WOLF in the press release. Wild Life was originally written eight years ago for the Eurovision Song Contest.

‘Wildawake’ – Tracklist

01. Wildawake
02. Ear to the Ground
03. A Turner Sky
04. Wild Life
05. Baptista
06. Devil Behind Of Me
07. Lizard Point
08. Volusia’s Dream
09. Eagle Song
10. Watcher in the Woods
11. Ringworm
12. Send Your Spirits Into War

Preview of the first single:

First single sounds like a great club jam. Love it. wub.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Mar 10 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #2
stroke my 🌵
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Can't wait for this, he always brings it. Was thinking recently that we hadn't heard anything from him for a while!
Not that surprising to see him going in this direction, he seems to have been heading that way for a while.
'Lupercalia' was my least favourite of his, but it had a few great tracks. All his other albums have been incredible.
+Quote Post
post Mar 11 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #3
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I adore Patrick but I'm a bit worried by that clip, sounds a bit too Electra Heart for my liking. I'm going to see him live soon and was hoping for majestic strings and swooning vox but it's looking likely that I may be in for a more HI-NRG affair than I'd bargained for!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 01:07 PM