BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you exercise?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 11 2016, 05:52 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Push-ups? Yoga? Swimming? Weights? Running? Anything?

I'm curious about this partly because I got into such a great habit of exercising every single day (except Christmas and my birthday tongue.gif) about five years ago, which continued until about August of last year, and now I only full-on exercise very occasionally, but at least I walk quite a lot and swim when I get the chance. I'm not sure why I just suddenly became not bothered to exercise every day anymore, I didn't think I'd just stop like that. I did a variety of things, from weights to a number of things that I'm not sure how to describe without getting all detailed lmao. I do enjoy running when I'm in a situation where I need to do it, but I don't do it regularly or anything, perhaps I should start.

How often do you do it, if so? Do you find it gives you a better quality of life? Do you do it at home or in the gym?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 11 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

karate 1 hour per week is pretty much all I get tbh kink.gif

But the need to need to excercise is not so urgent as the family does not currently own a car, so walking magic.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 11 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I usually walk daily. Aside from that some squats like every week when I remember I've barely exercised and think "ehhh that'll do" kink.gif.

I should probably make use of the gym that we have in our house. I actually really enjoy going on the treadmill, I'm just too lazy to get going more often than not.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 11 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

this thread made me think of the HSBC advert- the museum of Procrastination

the part where it talks about the gym memberships- the memberships used only once

that's me

bad, i know.

but that's me

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Mar 11 2016, 06:41 PM
Post #5
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

I cycle to/from work which is ~8 miles, so I clock up 16 miles per day - no need to pay for an overpriced gym! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mdh
post Mar 11 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #6
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I walk a few miles a day and I go on an excercise bike a few times a month. unsure.gif

I've been meaning to get a gym membership, but I'm gonna wait till I can drive and then I'll do so biggrin.gif The idea of 11pm fitness scares me and excited me at the same time.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Mar 11 2016, 06:45 PM
Post #7
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

No but I really should, I mean I do walk a fair bit, especially when it's nice outside etc but you wont see me running for a bus laugh.gif

I used to be so sporty as a kid though and I loved it and do miss it, I wish I had kept at least something up. Maybe I will look into taking a sport up again but it is difficult for me, especially when it was team sports I did, being self-conscious of my weight and what people would think was enough to put me off joining any of the teams I wanted to in High School. I've been close to joining a gym a few times but again, As much as I wish I didn't- I still think I have that mindset where I'd constantly be paranoid people would be judging me or whatever, surely there must be something out there that suits though thinking.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 11 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(ℒ𝓲𝓷⻤ @ Mar 11 2016, 06:45 PM) *
I used to be so sporty as a kid though and I loved it and do miss it, I wish I had kept at least something up.

Me too! I was so passionate about short distance running and gymnastics (as well as athletics in general, karate, swimming, rounders and netball to a lesser extent). Younger me would kick myself now. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 11 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #9
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I go to the gym 3/4 times a week. Sometimes do circuits once a week depending.

Love it. Tend to go after straight after work as it can be hard to motivate yourself from home. Want to do more cardio stuff, but right now I just do weights.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Mar 11 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I volunteer at a furniture store where I work in the warehouse, which involves lifting, and sometimes quite heavy stuff so that does give me a bit of a workout! Otherwise, I go for a long walk every week (round about 10km), been trying to do this thing where I walk the Central line (not all at once obvs ;o) and have done some sections, like St.Pauls station right back to Leytonstone! I do wanna do a longer sponsored walk one day, it's an ambition while I still can really.

I have been to the gym before (and do intend to go back when I'm earning more), but walking has always been my preferred method. I do genuinely find it eases so much stress and makes me in a better state of mind, which I need these days. Never been that into sports though unforch, maybe those evil days I spent playing football in school.

This post has been edited by chart wizard: Mar 11 2016, 06:53 PM

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Mar 11 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #11
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 11 2016, 06:47 PM) *
Me too! I was so passionate about short distance running and gymnastics (as well as athletics in general, karate, swimming, rounders and netball to a lesser extent). Younger me would kick myself now. laugh.gif

Netball was my fave! I was always the goal shooter laugh.gif I did that at school though and I did football there too. Dancing, swimming, trampolining and horse riding where other things I did as well :')

+Quote Post
burbe
post Mar 11 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #12
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(chart wizard @ Mar 11 2016, 06:50 PM) *
I volunteer at a furniture store where I work in the warehouse, which involves lifting, and sometimes quite heavy stuff so that does give me a bit of a workout! Otherwise, I go for a long walk every week (round about 10km), been trying to do this thing where I walk the Central line (not all at once obvs ;o) and have done some sections, like St.Pauls station right back to Leytonstone! I do wanna do a longer sponsored walk one day, it's an ambition while I still can really.

I have been to the gym before (and do intend to go back when I'm earning more), but walking has always been my preferred method. I do genuinely find it eases so much stress and makes me in a better state of mind, which I need these days. Never been that into sports though unforch, maybe those evil days I spent playing football in school.

St Pauls to Leytonstone! ohmy.gif That's impressive - especially since Mile End to Stratford is a bitch to walk.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 11 2016, 07:43 PM
Post #13
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I do a twenty minute walk each day to and from work and then for the rest of the work fay my job consists of walking for hours on end cause I usually work behind the counter in Burger King. DOES THAT COUNT? thinking.gif

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Mar 11 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #14
Ebenezer...
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

I walk a lot during my four days off, four days on is mainly sedentary and these are 12 hour shifts..

This post has been edited by Flatcap: Mar 11 2016, 07:51 PM

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 11 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jsg2013 @ Mar 11 2016, 07:43 PM) *
I do a twenty minute walk each day to and from work and then for the rest of the work fay my job consists of walking for hours on end cause I usually work behind the counter in Burger King. DOES THAT COUNT? thinking.gif

That would count as light exercise, yes! Especially if you do it so much every day! I specifically go for a walk with my iPod a lot, but they tend to be rather short walks, unless I'm in the mood to wander around a bit more kink.gif

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Mar 11 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #16
Girl, put in work.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I would love to go to the gym and lift but my ear condition has put a stop to that sadly.

I still do badminton and yoga and try to do this power pump thing every once in a while 'cause the dream to be fit still lives in spite of my ear :'). Luckily my body is pretty toned naturally (albeit a bit scrawny).

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Mar 11 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Yes, I go to the gym 3/4 times a week for weight-lifting and then usually swim once or twice a week too* biggrin.gif

*(between kitkats)

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Mar 11 2016, 09:25 PM
Post #18
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

OI exercise moi right TO FREE SPEEECH!!!!!

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Mar 11 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #19
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(chart wizard @ Mar 11 2016, 06:50 PM) *

Why schools are obsessed with only having football for p.e lessons is beyond a joke.

+Quote Post
Phil
post Mar 11 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #20
Creator/
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 1

good to see a few gym regulars! I go crossfit 3/4 times a week, intense!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 09:02 PM