BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Share a song/artist that Buzzjack doesn't know
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
MauriahChristmaz
post Mar 12 2016, 03:39 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Don't know if posted this in the right forum but the idea is to post a song or a artist you really like or know that isn't that famous but you really like.

The next artist is a dutch group that recently decided the reunite called K-otic . They were formed in the tv show Starmaker where they were put in the Big Brother house to form a band. The program itself wasn't a huge succes but the group had a few hits over here. I was a huge fan of them and even bought the 1st album.

And also during Starmaker this song was released which was a huge favorite on school discos

This post has been edited by Maurice: Mar 12 2016, 03:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 13 2016, 10:48 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

i'm also going to post about a dutch group.

"bzn" in their day, released several albums (both in english and in dutch).

songs such as, "isles of atlantis", "sweet silver annie", "goodbye", and "santo domingo", may not be the most well known songs in the world, but they are really good- and actually very catchy

fun fact: goodbye was actually their last song (even though the song was about a BF/GF breaking up)

love them

if no one else posts anymore artists, i'll post a few more who you may not know

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 14 2016, 06:22 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

awww i feel let down. i really do.
no one?

no one has an artist that they can introduce us too?

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 14 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #4
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I would love to post in this, but as I am part of the Buzzjack Song Contest, I don't really want to share anything publically that someone might steal heehee.gif

(not that they're ever going to be good enough for anyone to want to steal them unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 14 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

No need to feel let down happy.gif I was trying to think for ages of a song to put here, I guess I could put this one. Not sure what made me want to share this one in particular, but it's got some really cool techno-ish beats mixed with some more alternative piano rock or whatevz

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 14 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

amanda palmer

i'm not sure if any of you know her, but she's an american singer who now is on her own, but in the past she's taken part in projects (the drezdon dolls) and the scary... and weird Evelyn Evelyn (good for halloween)

i've actually had an email from amanda too. written to her after listening to Evelyn Evelyn and said how much i enjoyed it.

and her album recorded in 2008, " who killed amanda palmer?". it's got some great songs on it

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 14 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(bipolar angel @ Mar 14 2016, 06:33 PM) *
amanda palmer

i'm not sure if any of you know her, but she's an american singer who now is on her own, but in the past she's taken part in projects (the drezdon dolls) and the scary... and weird Evelyn Evelyn (good for halloween)

i've actually had an email from amanda too. written to her after listening to Evelyn Evelyn and said how much i enjoyed it.

and her album recorded in 2008, " who killed amanda palmer?". it's got some great songs on it

I've heard some of her stuff, and also some of Dresden Dolls' stuff! I wasn't too keen, if I'm honest, but I may need a re-listen.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 15 2016, 10:02 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mattias @ Mar 14 2016, 06:39 PM) *
I've heard some of her stuff, and also some of Dresden Dolls' stuff! I wasn't too keen, if I'm honest, but I may need a re-listen.

she's not for everyone.

her voice is... well, you either like it or you don't.

i really like it - especially in the song, " half jack", you can really hear it

"the point of it all" is another one (this time a solo track), but it's good, and i'd say if you were a beginner on amanda palmer, that's the song to go for- it's not as heavy as some of her others

what got me hooked on her is " runs in the family"

but don't try and learn it, it's hard to keep up with her singing

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Mar 15 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #9
Beautiful Trauma
Member No.: 590

Ryan Hamilton is the one that springs to my mind first. He's from Texas and is a solo artist but has been in other bands/projects. He was the other half of the band 'People on Vacation' with Jaret Roddick (Bowling for Soup). Really nice guy, and a great artist too as well as a singer/songwriter.

QUOTE(bipolar angel @ Mar 14 2016, 06:33 PM) *
amanda palmer

I love Dresden Dolls! Some of my favourite tracks are Girl Anachronism, Good Day, Bad Habit, Missed Me, The Jeep Song... I only have their 2003 album laugh.gif Would love to get my hands on the others sometime as well as Amanda's solo stuff! Never heard of Evelyn Evelyn....but scary and halloweeny?? I've GOT to check that out biggrin.gif

I hear her book is good too, have you read it?

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 15 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(troublepink @ Mar 15 2016, 02:08 PM) *
Ryan Hamilton is the one that springs to my mind first. He's from Texas and is a solo artist but has been in other bands/projects. He was the other half of the band 'People on Vacation' with Jaret Roddick (Bowling for Soup). Really nice guy, and a great artist too as well as a singer/songwriter.
I love Dresden Dolls! Some of my favourite tracks are Girl Anachronism, Good Day, Bad Habit, Missed Me, The Jeep Song... I only have their 2003 album laugh.gif Would love to get my hands on the others sometime as well as Amanda's solo stuff! Never heard of Evelyn Evelyn....but scary and halloweeny?? I've GOT to check that out biggrin.gif

I hear her book is good too, have you read it?

nothing pleases me more than finding another amanda palmer fan.

they are a rare thing of beauty!.

i'm so glad you like the dolls, i got all my stuff on amazon. probably your best bet.

i've not read her book, but heard it's good too

so to describe Evelyn Evelyn

it's the story of conjoined sisters, and what happens to them

they did record songs, but mainly it's a story (and the story goes with the songs). if you buy the album, you'll understand what i mean and you will probably agree.. it's pretty spooky.

some of the stuff that happens- their friend dies, they are confronted by protest groups at a circus, they are stranded in the middle of a garage... yeah. it's spooky

the reason it's called Evelyn Evelyn is because when they finally found somewhere to live, they didn't have names- so the owner of the house named them ever and lynn.

okay, okay, i'm not spoiling anymore of it. if you want to know what happens to the sisters, you need to buy the album

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Mar 15 2016, 06:22 PM
Post #11
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

<3 <3

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 15 2016, 06:24 PM
Post #12
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

wub.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 06:52 PM