BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tv vs online streaming, which do you like better?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Mar 13 2016, 11:00 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

it's no secret, online streaming is becoming more and more popular.

services such as amazon prime and Netflix are even overtaking things like the I player, or the ITV hub, or what ever

their's even sky go now as well
my question:

with all the choices around these days, do you prefer good traditional tv, or online streaming?. (and if you want, you can tell us why)

i'll always be a tv person. nothing like curling up on the sofa in front of my HD tv watching the shows i enjoy.

i've been known to use the ITV hub, and i've used i player (but that was ages ago)

recently did have a trial of amazon prime, but i don't think it's something i'd stick to (i mean the choice on their is good,) but it's just me.. i'm a tv girl through and through, and would prefer watching everything as it was meant to be watched- adverts included.

only time i go online to ITV hub, or something like that is if their's really no other way i can catch up on a missed show (but usually i'm good with recording,) and i don't have to worry.

so what about you

This post has been edited by bipolar angel: Mar 13 2016, 11:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Mar 13 2016, 11:05 AM
Post #2
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

If I'm honest, I'd say both!
I love watching TV serials and snuggling up on the sofa as it is just nice and relaxing heart.gif Also there's quite a lot of good TV on at the moment which is good! (Happy Valley, The Night Manager, The OJ Simpson programme and The 100)
Though I also love how easy it is to watch Netflix and I usually watch an episode before I sleep as it relaxes me and it is really fun! Also there are so many programmes on Netflix and I'm currently multitasking 5 series laugh.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 13 2016, 11:06 AM
Post #3
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Online streaming. These days computers pretty much double up as both a tv and a computer. I predict TVs to go obsolete in a few decades ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 13 2016, 11:14 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(hotchoc26 @ Mar 13 2016, 11:06 AM) *
Online streaming. These days computers pretty much double up as both a tv and a computer. I predict TVs to go obsolete in a few decades ohmy.gif

i read that somewhere too.

in an article simply called,

"10 things that will disappear in your lifetime"

but i'm holding out that it still has a while yet

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Mar 13 2016, 01:20 PM
Post #5
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

My TV sits unplugged tbh, I like the freedom that comes with watching things online as you can watch what you like, when you like. I'm very much the kind of person that will sit in bed all day watching numerous episodes of something on Netflix, even things like Eastenders, I prefer to watch them on my laptop, I'm that used to just watching something when I feel like it that I forget to switch my TV on when a program is about to be shown laugh.gif

When I'm visiting my mum and dad though I watch TV but that's more because they do and I want to spend time with them and a group of people sitting around a TV is a lot better than a laptop tongue.gif

+Quote Post
AaronTM
post Mar 13 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #6
salty foods parch the human
Member No.: 4,631

I think this is very much a generational thing. I'm probably somewhere between the TV generation and the online generation. I don't really have interest in streaming online, I'd much rather watch TV shows on a TV. That said, almost 100% of the TV I watch these days is recorded by Sky+, I don't watch a lot of "live" TV. I also watch Netflix on the TV through my Playstation, but that was mostly to get up to speed with RuPaul's Drag Race. What I don't like about Netflix/Amazon etc. is that you're pretty much limited to what they have available and sometimes it's a couple of years behind 'normal' TV. Until Eastenders becomes Netflix-only, I think TV will always have a slight edge over the streaming services for me.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 13 2016, 02:45 PM
Post #7
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'd say online streaming, I like the freedom too like Lindsey said. Normally there's nothing on TV I'll want to watch but between Netflix, Amazon Prime, loads of streaming sites for stuff from other countries that isn't on there... Some things such as Big Brother US/Canada, X Factor Australia, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend etc., you couldn't even watch on TV because they aren't aired, but the internet gives you that freedom. I also only watch TV when I'm at home, I don't even have one at uni! A few of friends do but they normally use theirs for Xbox/Wii/films if we're all round there rather than watching TV.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 13 2016, 03:40 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I don't really watch much these days. Though when I do it will usually just be on the TV!

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 13 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 13 2016, 03:40 PM) *
I don't really watch much these days. Though when I do it will usually just be on the TV!

ah

like you all ready:)

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 13 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I haven't really watched TV a lot at all since last summer. Several of my habits seemed to change last summer, from exercise to TV. I never would've imagined about a year ago that I would soon watch TV as little as I do now. I turn it on occasionally, but it really is rare. If there is something I want to watch, I watch it online. Back when I watched shows regularly, it was a combination of the TV and online sites. I've never had a Netflix account, though.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Mar 14 2016, 12:39 AM
Post #11
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I wanna say both, but online streaming just edges it whenever I want to catch up on or rewatch a series.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 01:41 AM