BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> healthy eating, do you eat healthily?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Mar 14 2016, 11:24 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

with all this talk of the gym and keeping fit, i couldn't resist asking this- are you a healthy eater?

in a week, how much fruit and veg do you get through (if any)

with me, i'm a massive comfort eater. so crisps, sweets, cookies, takeaway meals, etc.

that's not to say i don't eat fruit.

every day, in fact, i have a bowl of fresh plums- and they are really good.

veg... well, you can keep that well away from me (unless it's a potato)

so do you eat healthy?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Mar 14 2016, 02:35 PM
Post #2
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I don't eat healthy at all really, and I'm a comfort eater too but I'm from one extreme to the other, I'll either eat nothing all day, or eat enough to feed a small army in one hour. I have no eating pattern either, no normal breakfast dinner and tea, because I sleep through the day, so my breakfast is at tea time and my dinner is at 1am, then I probably won't eat again until the following evening. But at weekends I binge eat and then hate myself for it nocheer.gif

I like to eat fruit, but I hate how quickly it goes off, I also love bananas but I'm always scared that a foreign spider will be living in them laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 14 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(troublepink @ Mar 14 2016, 02:35 PM) *
I don't eat healthy at all really, and I'm a comfort eater too but I'm from one extreme to the other, I'll either eat nothing all day, or eat enough to feed a small army in one hour. I have no eating pattern either, no normal breakfast dinner and tea, because I sleep through the day, so my breakfast is at tea time and my dinner is at 1am, then I probably won't eat again until the following evening. But at weekends I binge eat and then hate myself for it nocheer.gif

I like to eat fruit, but I hate how quickly it goes off, I also love bananas but I'm always scared that a foreign spider will be living in them laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

do you work late nights then?

just wondering why you sleep through the day. only explanation i can think of

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 14 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I think I used to be slightly healthier in my eating habits than I am now. I've never been the worst and I've never been the best. I get hungry so often, I'm not sure why, the results from an unrelated blood test I had recently might show the reasons behind this, or so I was told - I will find out the results tomorrow morning. I always seem to run out of "proper" food so quickly as well because I eat so much of what I have so quickly (yet my weight doesn't seem to change much at all, I'd actually really like to gain a bit! I'm in the healthy BMI zone but on the lower side of that), then end up going to the shops every five seconds just to get a bunch of crisps or Pot noodle or something. Basically unhealthy stuff. I eat sweet things too. However, I try not to go too overboard with any of this, because at the end of the day I'm a rather health-conscious person so I always try to set myself some kind of limits. I just also find it hard to resist temptation sometimes when I'm hungry or have a craving. I adore fruit, any kind, so I do eat a lot of fruit as well. And I eat vegetables also, although there are some I'm not keen on, like aubergine and things like that (although I might need to try that once more just to see lol). So I've always thought of myself as a fairly balanced eater, but in the past few months I have started to eat a bit more junk than previously I guess.

+Quote Post
burbe
post Mar 14 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #5
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I keep trying to eat healthy but I only last two days and then I'm back to my old habits. In general, I don't think I eat that unhealthily anyway, I just probably have a bit too much sugar in my diet.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Mar 14 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

No not at all really, I was actually just thinking about how I consume so much sugar to the point I could be addicted, fizzy drinks are my weakness especially. I eat fruit, I love fruit but should eat more of it and less of the sugary stuff, I don't eat a lot of takeaway food but I do rely a lot on oven/micro meals - pizza that you can stick in the oven for ten minutes is what I end up having most nights for dinner. My excuse there is that I am an awful cook but I am also a bit lazy in regards to looking after myself, I don't eat when I should either. Breakfast is non-existent to me, it just makes me feel sick if I eat early in the morning. I eat lunch if I'm at college or work since we do have dedicated time for that but when I come home I'll probably have a snack (sugary most likely) and then wont eat dinner or if i do it will be at like 10pm. If I'm working until half 8 or half 9, I never feel hungry so quite often skip dinner too. I'm also another that binges a bit on days off, I tend to like forget to eat when I'm just in my flat for the day and it will suddenly be like 9pm and I remember that I've not eaten yet, I do need to sort my eating habits out laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Mar 14 2016, 05:50 PM

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 14 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ℒ𝓲𝓷⻤ @ Mar 14 2016, 05:48 PM) *
No not at all really, I was actually just thinking about how I consume so much sugar to the point I could be addicted, fizzy drinks are my weakness especially. I eat fruit, I love fruit but should eat more of it and less of the sugary stuff, I don't eat a lot of takeaway food but I do rely a lot on oven/micro meals - pizza that you can stick in the oven for ten minutes is what I end up having most nights for dinner. My excuse there is that I am an awful cook but I am also a bit lazy in regards to looking after myself, I don't eat when I should either. Breakfast is non-existent to me, it just makes me feel sick if I eat early in the morning. I eat lunch if I'm at college or work since we do have dedicated time for that but when I come home I'll probably have a snack (sugary most likely) and then wont eat dinner or if i do it will be at like 10pm. If I'm working until half 8 or half 9, I never feel hungry so quite often skip dinner too. I'm also another that binges a bit on days off, I tend to like forget to eat when I'm just in my flat for the day and it will suddenly be like 9pm and I remember that I've not eaten yet, I do need to sort my eating habits out laugh.gif

i have to comment on this post, you raise some good points

firstly, i too, am a lover of fizzy drinks.

i drink a lot of dr pepper (almost addicted it seems), and my fridge is stuffed full of coke and fanta.

i do drink other drinks too, but fizzy is my main.

i never knew how much i loved it, until i really started craving dr pepper

trying to drink more tea and stuff... but i fail badly at it.

as for eating habbits/ how many meals you eat a day, i think that's important too.

for me, like you, i feel sick if i eat too early- but do eat a bowl of plums at maybe half 8 in the morning, or 9 at the latest.

i then skip lunch (unless i'm on a binge), and have a small dinner in the evening (and then sometimes go back to binging)

i've been known to eat a really healthy home cooked meal, congratulate myself for it, and then go spoil it all by eating crisps and cookies.

today alone i went to the shop and got 3 huge bags of hot spicy doritoes- i expect them to last less than a fortnight

i don't eat it all in bits (put some in a bowl and save the rest), all at once

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 14 2016, 06:09 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

bipolar angel is giving me Mattias summer of 2015 teas (and also more recently lmao) with all this thread creation kink.gif Keep at it though, great to see the enthusiasm, it's what we need!

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Mar 14 2016, 06:14 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mattias @ Mar 14 2016, 06:09 PM) *
bipolar angel is giving me Mattias summer of 2015 teas (and also more recently lmao) with all this thread creation kink.gif Keep at it though, great to see the enthusiasm, it's what we need!

i've not been around for a long time on the site, and want to make it up to all the members.

i'm even more excited to see the new website launch, so need to be online for the big announcement (or i'm going to miss it!)

i want to be 1 of the first people to sign up to the new site so can't afford to miss the launch day

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 14 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #10
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

kind of, more yes than no

Like, we don't have crisps or chocolate in the cupboards on a daily basis (ok there's like chocolate bars in the cupboard but they're supposed to be for school/college unless she feels like snacking or there isn't a dessert on that day)

Also I often make a fruit salad magic.gif

This post has been edited by hotchoc26: Mar 14 2016, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
mdh
post Mar 14 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #11
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(bipolar angel @ Mar 14 2016, 06:14 PM) *
i've not been around for a long time on the site, and want to make it up to all the members.

i'm even more excited to see the new website launch, so need to be online for the big announcement (or i'm going to miss it!)

i want to be 1 of the first people to sign up to the new site so can't afford to miss the launch day

I assume it's just going to be a redesign - and the site will still be on buzzjack.com biggrin.gif

hope it's soon tho biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SevenSeize
post Mar 14 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #12
i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

I eat at least one banana every day, does that count ;P

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Mar 14 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(SevenSeize @ Mar 14 2016, 07:27 PM) *
I eat at least one banana every day, does that count ;P

banana.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 14 2016, 08:16 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Healthy eating has been my biggest problem since forever sad.gif I'm just way too much of a fussy eater! My diet is pretty awful on the whole with all the meals out and takeaways I have, plus so much confectionary on top of that. I try to drink a glass of orange juice and milkshake every day (I can't stand milk on its own) to try and counter the fizzy drinks I have. I have the odd piece of fruit/veg or healthy soups including them but other than that I am soooo unhealthy. Fast metabolism is my saviour. Really need to change these habits in the future~

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Mar 14 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

in a word...no. I used to go through phases where I either eat lot of snacks and stuff during the day but not any proper meals or eating bigger meals but no snacks :') (again not knowing what :') means but I'll go with it)

Nowadays it seems I have lots of unhealthy snacks and meals and I've been eating loads more so I've gained loads of weight.

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Mar 14 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #16
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

I find it easy to be healthy enough when I'm at work so I am good during the week normally having a banana and two oranges for mid morning breaks at work with a glass of milk when I first get up but I admit it I'm especially hungry when I get into work I get a crossiant in tesco to have with my cupa tea.

Then I have a white pitta with tuna and tomatoes for lunch - one because it's cheap and I'm saving at the moment and two because it's handy and I actually enjoy it!

Then have melon and grapes with that followed by a cupa tea and a biscuit! Then have something made for dinner in the evening. I used to be addicted to fizzy drinks at uni(it woke me up to bring a bottle of lucozade to an early lecture) but I've tried to control it now to having a tin of Coke once a week while I watch MOTD on a Saturday!

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 15 2016, 03:58 AM
Post #17
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I'd say I'm disciplined rather than healthy. I don't always go for the healthiest option but am very conscious of what I eat and definitely strive for above-average. Fruit makes this really easy because it doesn't have to be cooked and generally tastes so much better than veggies. I can limit snacking to just a handful of crisps, or just two Oreos at a time, etc. but will totally indulge on dessert when the opportunity arises *.*

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Mar 15 2016, 09:03 AM
Post #18
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I find it such a struggle to eat fruit. I get paranoid about some fruit as well such as apples - I hate having to bite into apples and would rather eat them sliced up which is too much faff if I've got work/volunteering/uni as the quality of them sliced wouldn't be edible by the time it's lunch or whatever. It's also quite expensive I find. I do try and incorporate vegetables into a lot of my meals though whether it be fresh or frozen veg, but I don't get the whole healthy lifestyle of fitness that goes with eating as well, it's rather alien to me huh.gif

+Quote Post
ChristmasEve201
post Mar 15 2016, 09:36 AM
Post #19
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Biscuits are my downfall, I love tea so I eat a whole packet of biscuits with a big mug while watching Question Time on a Thursday night!!

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Mar 15 2016, 02:03 PM
Post #20
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

QUOTE(bipolar angel @ Mar 14 2016, 05:27 PM) *
do you work late nights then?

just wondering why you sleep through the day. only explanation i can think of

Yeah I work night shifts (usually from 9pm to 5:30am). I've been doing them for the last three years now so I haven't had a properly sleeping or eating pattern in that time, which can really suck. I've been awake since midday today (thanks to neighbours and outside noise) and I can't get back to sleep, so i've set an alarm for about 10 minutes before I have to leave the house and hope that I can nap laugh.gif But that means that I have no idea what to eat today. Yesterday I had a chicken burger before work, and nothing all night until I got home and then I had a cereal bar. Weirdly I don't feel hungry at the moment though. But then at weekends I'll end up binge eating to make up for it rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 02:17 AM