BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> March 2016 Terrorist Attacks in Belgium
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Houdini
post Mar 22 2016, 02:13 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

This morning there were several explosions at Brussels Airport in what is suspected to be a terrorist attack, at least 34 people have died and dozens have been injured. This happens only a few days after the arrest of Salah Abdeslam who is a suspect in the November 2015 Paris attacks.

R.I.P to all the victims who have/are going to die sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 22 2016, 02:32 PM
Post #2
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Istanbul last week, Brussels this week, it just keeps going, on and on, with no end in sight. My heart goes out to all the victims in this situation.

It going off so soon after they captured this other terrorist cannot be a coincidence.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Mar 22 2016, 02:58 PM
Post #3
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

It's all coming a bit too close for comfort sad.gif

I'm saddened by all the losses of the past week, both in Istanbul and Brussels.

+Quote Post
Umi
post Mar 22 2016, 03:05 PM
Post #4
le compromis n'est qu'un synonyme d'échec
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

It was... last weekend, I think that a friend of mine flew home from Brussels? Which is pretty frightening. I just hope the death toll doesn't rise any further than it already has.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Mar 22 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Really scary and sad. I am really feeling for all the people who are involved.

I feel like it's just a matter of time until something like this happens in London, which is also really worrying.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Mar 22 2016, 04:08 PM
Post #6
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Terrifying sad.gif My thoughts are there to anyone who has been a victim of the horrific terrorism recently heart.gif

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Mar 22 2016, 04:17 PM
Post #7
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

This is so awful, RIP to all of the victims.

The worst part is that people like Donald Trump will inevitably use this to further push their awful ideas.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 22 2016, 04:17 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Read up on this earlier and it really is so tragic sad.gif This happening just a few days after the capturing of that guy in Brussels too, my initial thought was the same as Iz's.

It's always such a heart-sinking feeling reading stories like this. Thoughts go out to all victims. sad.gif

+Quote Post
burbe
post Mar 22 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #9
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

This is so sad sad.gif

Some of the people on Twitter though. I'm really trying to contain myself but the #StopIslam trend is riling me up. The hate that's being spewed out is disgusting!

+Quote Post
Ethan
post Mar 22 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #10
3:23
Member No.: 5,269
   No Gallery Pics

terrible events in brussels earlier today sad.gif ~ rip to those murdered and thoughts with their families and friends sad.gif

+Quote Post
Harve
post Mar 22 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #11
when I notice the world is falling apart I will run a bath
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

I felt really queasy when I woke up to this news this morning. I know Brussels really well, I know loads of people who live there (all seem okay) and spent a year in the south of Belgium so I definitely got the 'it could've been me' feeling. The November lockdown at the shootout in January 2015 were bad enough.

I also have two friends from Belgium due to come on Thursday (albeit from Charleroi and not Zaventem), but that's looking less likely. Welp.

This post has been edited by Harve: Mar 22 2016, 05:31 PM

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 22 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #12
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

This is absolutely ridiculous. People have nothing better to do than Tey and prove a point my blowing stuff up and trying to kill as many people as they can??? What does that even prove? Who is going to side with these people.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Mar 22 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #13
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

This is so sad and just gut wrenching sad.gif

My thoughts go to their loved ones

I am so worried we get targeted sad.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 22 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #14
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(JSG @ Mar 22 2016, 05:38 PM) *
This is absolutely ridiculous. People have nothing better to do than Tey and prove a point my blowing stuff up and trying to kill as many people as they can??? What does that even prove? Who is going to side with these people.

It isn't to get you to side with them. It is to spread fear throughout the citizenry of the West that the next attack could happen to any of you, thereby to turn the West against Muslims so that for Muslims life in their Caliphate is 'preferable'. In their mind, only their world view is correct. It's sickening, but that's what's going on.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 22 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #15
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Just awful. My fear is that as a Western nation we're experiencing more and more of these tragedies and it just turns people to radical extremism to counter it. The West has been relatively peaceful for 75 years after anything but that. Worrying how close ourselves and America are potentially turning right-wing, which will only fuel the propaganda from terrorist cells.

My suspect is that this attack had been planned for a long time. But with the terrorist been captured recently, I imagine they executed the plan earlier. Either that, or it's freighting how quick they put together an attack.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Mar 22 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Harve @ Mar 22 2016, 05:30 PM) *
I felt really queasy when I woke up to this news this morning. I know Brussels really well, I know loads of people who live there (all seem okay) and spent a year in the south of Belgium so I definitely got the 'it could've been me' feeling. The November lockdown at the shootout in January 2015 were bad enough.

I felt the same about the attacks in Paris last November. I know the city well, and have been to the Bataclan a few times. It certainly hits harder when you can identify more with the victims and think that it could have been you.

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Mar 22 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 22 2016, 06:21 PM) *
Just awful. My fear is that as a Western nation we're experiencing more and more of these tragedies and it just turns people to radical extremism to counter it. The West has been relatively peaceful for 75 years after anything but that. Worrying how close ourselves and America are potentially turning right-wing, which will only fuel the propaganda from terrorist cells.

My suspect is that this attack had been planned for a long time. But with the terrorist been captured recently, I imagine they executed the plan earlier. Either that, or it's freighting how quick they put together an attack.

Yeah I think they must have planned it for a while, Salah Abdeslam must have been involved in the planning and he possibly could have been the ringleader of it as well. Now that he's been caught in Brussels the other Isis terrorists must have brought the planned attack forward.

This is similar to last November when the news of Jihadi John's death broke in the morning/afternoon time and was then followed in the night time by the attacks in Paris.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 07:46 PM