BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CHEAP THRILLS~, 💱
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HausAlone
post Mar 22 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

A question of money and expenditure. Do you prefer to live a more lavish lifestyle (dining out at more expensive restaurants, clubs etc and buying the most expensive clothes) or having a less expensive, cheaper and perhaps more relaxed lifestyle?

I've always been team CHEAP. I always choose cheaper restaurants to eat out in, or opt for a cheap and cheerful chippy for a takeaway instead of more expensive ones and I find much more satisfaction going cheap and getting more from my money than bothering about only having designer labels and paying for brands and quality. I also love my local cheap club as opposed to the more exclusive pricey ones but that's just me preferring the less showy crowds.

What about you? Do you go for cheap thrills or higher quality and priced goods in general? Or are there some things you have to do expensively and others you don't care so much about? ;o
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 22 2016, 07:15 PM
Post #2
'Run Away With Me'
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,473

I'm team cheap!! I thought I recognised you Bal laugh.gif No srs though what's wrong with being a little cheap now and then? I work hard for my money and I don't see the point in wasting it on expensive stuff that won't so me any use.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Mar 22 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #3
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I'm team expensive! (Well kind of, more team cheap but I won't ever stop spending so I get to team expensive *.*)
I will just literally buy anything I like, my worst is arcade games though as I'll waste money like there is no tomorrow laugh.gif

So yeah and I also prefer high quality items unless I'm in an utter rush and then I'll take cheap thrills!

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Mar 22 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I'm not interested in going for the more expensive products for the sake of showing off but when more expensive means better quality, I'm quite happy to spend a bit more. I'd also prefer spending a bit more for a nicer room in a hotel/B&B but at the same time I'm not that bothered about staying in a lesser quality place so long as I know what to expect.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Mar 22 2016, 07:21 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Team cheap for sure!! For dates as you brought up it needn't ever be lavish! Anything from the pub to somewhere like Bella Italia/Frankie & Benny's is usually my styleé. A Maccy Ds 20 Nugget Sharebox date appeals to me far more than a gourmet restaurant for example. laugh.gif When this gal's fave food is a kebab then I'm always going to be a cheap n cheerful kinda person.

'Style over substance' doesn't really do it for me in general, stretching outside of food. I've always found being expensive for the sake of being expensive a lil silly.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Mar 22 2016, 07:23 PM
Post #6
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I'm also a bit of a mix kink.gif With some things I really try to save money, usually with eating out, making plans with friends etc, but when it comes to material things I tend to save so I can buy more expensive things. It's like earlier I bought a more expensive eyeliner, because I actually swear it must be more cost effective to splash out rather than go through several dodgy drug store ones? laugh.gif (or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that £20 was worth it kink.gif ).

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Mar 22 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #7
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

I've been to a couple of expensive restaurants but I prefer going for pub lunches etc <3

Although when it comes to clothes, I enjoy purchasing the more expensive things and labels sad.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Mar 22 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #8
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

I'm WAY too OCD/fussy with prices these days, it's going to be the death of me sad.gif

Morrisons did have Marvellous creations for 19p today though funky.gif

This post has been edited by Ethan Bradberry: Mar 22 2016, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 22 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #9
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 22 2016, 07:21 PM) *
Team cheap for sure!! For dates as you brought up it needn't ever be lavish! Anything from the pub to somewhere like Bella Italia/Frankie & Benny's is usually my styleé. A Maccy Ds 20 Nugget Sharebox date appeals to me far more than a gourmet restaurant for example. laugh.gif When this gal's fave food is a kebab then I'm always going to be a cheap n cheerful kinda person.

Totally! Why pay £30 for your food when you can spend £3 and get a kebab (and be much more filled up by it!). Food wise I am definitely cheap and cheerful and that will never change even if I win the lottery lol.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Mar 22 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #10
🙄

bal is the cheapest hoe i know x

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Mar 22 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #11
Henrietta R Hippo

Also drinks. I can get drunk on a £3 bottle of wine so why spend anymore on alcohol when it has the same affect on you*?

*hangovers are worse but that's a small price to pay.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Mar 22 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #12
🙄

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Mar 22 2016, 07:29 PM) *
Also drinks. I can get drunk on a £3 bottle of wine so why spend anymore on alcohol when it has the same affect on you*?

*hangovers are worse but that's a small price to pay.

Oh hell no.

When I drink wine, I'm an absolute cretin of a mess. The drinks I enjoy are the more expensive drinks unfortunately.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Mar 22 2016, 07:38 PM
Post #13
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

In terms of general living then I'm definitely more on the cheap side of things, I don't buy into the ludicrous (and often utterly incorrect) view that branded products are better, quite often they are just overpriced. With things like meat then obviously you're better off spending a bit more, but for most things it's fine.

I'm also not a slave to labels or brands or anything in terms of clothes or technology either, which I'm incredibly grateful for. I'd much rather have 3 £40 pairs of jeans for example, than one £120 pair of label ones, not just because I then have 3 times as many pairs but also because they will undoubtedly last longer between them than the single pair. It's just common sense really.

I'd splash out a bit on eating out though, but more because if I'm going out for a nice meal I prefer somewhere quieter, with a nicer ambience and that usually goes hand in hand with paying that little bit more. I don't drink enough for that to be an issue though, but no doubt it would be lower mid range too.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Mar 22 2016, 07:41 PM
Post #14
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

Definitely cheap when it comes to clothes (Primark and H&M mostly), and I try to go for cheaper meals when picking from a menu.

I buy odd things that are a bit more pricey, for quality. I really trust M&S when it comes to food, and won't touch Sainsburys/Tesco or anything when it comes to lunchtime meal deals. And Paperchase over your plain old Card Factory :') But that's still nothing compared to designer clothes, 5* hotels and restaurants

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Mar 22 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #15
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

In terms of clothes.. definitely have expensive taste. Not necessarily for the brands, but just for a better fit.

End of the day I'm a firm believer of living in your means. If you can afford to be lavish then do it. End of the day nothing materialistic will get you buy in life. Most important things are having your own house, great pension and enough to get by. Everything else materialistic is just a bonus.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Mar 22 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

It depends I think.

There are certain things I won't go cheap on, mostly my hair and clothes. For clothes, it's due to it looking better for longer and the same applies for hair. I don't really care about food and drink, but I won't go for the cheapest brand either because it usually is gross tbf.

I used to go cheap on travel as well but there is no way I could endure a megabus experience now, no matter how cheap it is.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Mar 22 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #17
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

Generally cheap, but I like expensive hotels for weekends away. Expensive food in restaurants usually equals smaller portions, and I am a fatty.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Mar 22 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #18
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I think the only things I spend extravagantly on are mobile phones and my Glasses. It's important to me that I have a decent phone and lovely designer glasses. Those are the only pretty things I really like.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Mar 22 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #19
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Being a student I don't really have the choice laugh.gif If i do have a bit of money to spare and I'm meeting up with Cameron in Glasgow or going for lunch with my friends then I will maybe splurge a bit and go to somewhere a step up or so from Burger King or the likes if that's where everyone else wants to go but definitely when I'm just thinking about myself, cheapness is my priority. I guess there is the odd occasion where I might go against that though kink.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Mar 22 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #20
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I'm a mix of things. I'm happy to eat cheaply and I'm really not interested in posh restaurants as they are not my kind of food.

I don't mind flying cheaply as long as it's short haul to help make a cheap vacation. Flown long haul cheaply before and it burned me as it was the worst flight of my life. I prefer to fly KLM and BA.

I've found that as I've gotten older and earned more money that I don't mind shelling out on bigger items like tech because they are so important to me every day. I also don't mind a few more expensive items of clothing that will last. Recently I've shelled out for a couple of nice looking suits. Gotta look the part.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 01:20 PM