BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> reasons for visiting buzjack, what are yours
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Apr 1 2016, 08:07 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

hi!:)

this thread speaks for itself, post here your personal reasons for visiting buzjack, and say not another website

my reasons are:

1. to get the latest entertainment news and tv show suggestions which i'd probably not have known about otherwise

2. to talk about a wide variety of topics, and have fun while doing it

3. to post my reviews of ant and dec's takeaway (seriously, i don't know any other site that even knows who ant and dec are. hahahaha)

4. a lot of members are english, so when i start a thread here, i know i'm going to get some good responses. (i've been on american sites and started threads about english stuff, and no one knows what the hell i'm talking about!)

5. it gives me a break from psychcentral

6. it lifts my spirits being on here

7. their are a lot of nice people, which you don't find everywhere

now it's your turn

what are your personal reasons for posting here on buzjack?

emily

xx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Apr 1 2016, 08:12 AM
Post #2
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

Mostly to be nostalgic and talk to people I've known for nearly 10 years. But I kinda feel like I don't fit anymore. Forums used to be my home from home.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Apr 1 2016, 08:16 AM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

Nice thread! biggrin.gif

I love to post on Buzzjack, firstly because overall the community here is (mostly) lovely, I've really enjoyed getting to know so many of you, and I've had some really valuable discussions across the forum before heart.gif Also this site is a really good escapism method, it's really nice having somewhere to go away from my usual real-life circles. And YES of course, there is the music aspect of it! I've always considered myself to have a wide taste in music, and it's really good being able to find new artists/songs I would never really have listened to before, of course a lot of that is attributed to BJSC smile.gif

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Apr 1 2016, 08:17 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Emily Haines @ Apr 1 2016, 09:12 AM) *
Mostly to be nostalgic and talk to people I've known for nearly 10 years. But I kinda feel like I don't fit anymore. Forums used to be my home from home.

awww...

why don't you feel you fit anymore?.

you should stay around and see what happens

who knows. some thread might come along and you will have lots to say on it

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 1 2016, 09:22 AM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Great thread ideas Emily! biggrin.gif

It started off as a UK Chart stats enthusiast, but I've been very fond of the lounge the most in my time. The topic possibility is just endless just about and of course without the members there wouldn't be a forum at all! Loving the music as well lol, and I feel that there's more and more things that keep me coming back each time wub.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Apr 1 2016, 10:38 AM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

It began with the UK Charts aspect! I originally participated on this forum to post in the Sunday Chart thread and iTunes thread. It wasn't until a couple of years later when I started expanding where I'd post. My new purpose here as well as being that Sunday Chart thread spammer was to start a Personal Chart and comment on everyone else's too. Then I finally started posting in the Lounge, and found that eventually this would be the area of the site I was most drawn to.

I'm still here posting on a daily basis due to the community. I feel like it's great escapism to be involved with the Lounge and posting my own/reading everyone else's experiences on here. On top of this, I've really got stuck into BJSC over the last year. So another purpose of this forum for me is to discover and share new music with others.

I still venture into UK Charts but nowhere near as much as before due to Uni clashing with when the chart is these days. So essentially I've gone from Chart spammer to Lounge/BJSC spammer. But that's 'cause I've felt comfortable posting in the Lounge for at least a year now, and I'm so glad I did start posting in here properly. Yay BJ, my favourite escapism full of so many wonderful people.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 1 2016, 11:19 AM
Post #7
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Great thread idea!

I'd say (some of kink.gif) the people, the ones who I've come to call my good friends especially. There's been times when I've felt like this site has nothing more for me but there's always great like-minded people on here, discussing things that I'd otherwise just spam twitter with and nobody would care laugh.gif For example, there are people who get as far into Big Brother as me but aren't as cold as on Digital Spy! And I've made great friends, like of course dear Regibald is pretty much my best friend off this site too and has been there even when nobody in real life was, and #lottseyclique recently. It's just great to have somewhere to go that isn't real life, and to be able to engage with all different types of people and, if I need to, share problems or exciting developments in my life with people who are detached from my real life.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Apr 1 2016, 12:03 PM
Post #8
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I mostly visit buzzjack for the pink forum, although its super duper quiet in there atm, i've a feeling she will be back v.soon though heehee.gif

I also like to catch up on tv/music/films...even though i don't really post here very much anymore, if i want soap spoilers, read people's thoughts on the latest movies etc, buzzjack is the first place i come to.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Apr 1 2016, 12:11 PM
Post #9
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I joined in 2013 because I was a chart loon then but I remember being rated as 1 star at one point - I instantly got offended and stopped coming on here laugh.gif

I made infrequent appearances in the chart forum through late 2013 to mid 2014, but my only venture into the Lounge was when I posted THE WORST THREAD EVER. I shan't say what that was because it's so spammy but if anyone wants to know I'll say I suppose heehee.gif

I forgot about this in early 2015, and when I did possess an interest in coming back on the boards I forgot my password, so I made this mdh/Sean Paul/Tich Stan/mdh32/whatever account and ever since then I've loved posting for the last 3 months and wasting my evenings sat in front of a screen manically posting/stanning Tich/formatting my personal chart/etc.

My main motives for coming on here nowadays are~
- BJSC - really fun tbh
- Personal chart forum - my favourite forum and where I spend most of my time spamming/replying to charts
- iTunes thread - I enjoy looking at iTunes updates from people tbh
- Friday chart show - a staple in my average week - 2 hours of pure spam (jk)

and I like talking to others online and this is the best talking to others online medium where I know I'm not talking to anyone strange/perverted

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Apr 1 2016, 12:17 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I came here for the 1D forum, but I actually like posting in The Lounge and Friday Charts topic too. I'm not the biggest chart loon but I actually like listening to the chart on a Friday afternoon.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 1 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #11
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I come here because of habit. Procrastination. And because, strangely, I've connected to many of you and want to continue to see how you are all doing. And I suppose getting obsessed with all things about BJSC and, hard as it may be to believe, performing my mod duties right, I really enjoy that.

At its best this website has given me some of the best laughter I've had and some of the best feelings so I'm holding it to that.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Apr 1 2016, 01:05 PM
Post #12
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Like what Iz said, I use Buzzjack a lot for Procrastination.

However the main reason I use the website is to keep in touch with certain members, I've managed to build an incredible amount of relationships on / off the website and interacting with them is the main reason that I continue posting on here.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Apr 1 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #13
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

I joined in 2014 mainly for chart show wub.gif

It wasnt until like late 2014 I started talking outside there. Cody joined and me and him started to talk.

I there stumbled upon Plug thread and started going on there bit by bit I gained a hell more confidence and starting talking on the site properly and started making friendships.

I have lot to thank this site for 1. for building my confidence up a bit more 2. Gaining friends especially I don't really have a friendship group in real life tbh sad.gif

This post has been edited by HarryEzra: Apr 1 2016, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 1 2016, 01:19 PM
Post #14
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Apr 1 2016, 02:12 PM) *
I have lot to thank this site for 1. for building my confidence up a bit more 2. Gaining friends especially I don't really have a friendship group in real life tbh sad.gif

All this!

+Quote Post
M.
post Apr 1 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

It started when I was curious about BJSC and joined that. This was in 2008 which is crazy to me. At first I was probably quite intimidated at the thought of trying to branch out to other areas of the forum, but eventually started posting in the Lounge and other places. I remained rather under the radar until last year when plug.dj opened me up even more and I actually became more and more interested in what actually goes on with people here. I stopped doing BJSC for a while because I got tired of it, but am now back and that's keeping me going too as I love discovering and sharing songs in this fun, inventive way.

These days I can't actually bear the thought of missing an interesting thread, especially one in the Lounge, so if I've been away for a few hours which of course is unavoidable (and I do enjoy taking time out to do other things as well, I make a deliberate effort to do so), I'm always wondering how much I've missed and I'm always like "omg I've so much to catch up on", but actually it never takes as long as I anticipated to read through everything I've missed that I might be interested in.

I love discussing things on here, writing out my thoughts and experiences and seeing others do the same and connecting with people in that way on here. That is also one big reason for me sticking around. I love seeing people show different sides of themselves that I perhaps didn't imagine, top notch stuff (I hate the term 'top notch' sorry).

+Quote Post
Houdini
post Apr 1 2016, 04:49 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

At first my main reason was to chat about the UK charts but now my interest in the charts has dropped quite a lot since April last year and now I'm mainly here for the Sports forum which is head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Apr 1 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #17
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

For me I started visiting to discuss The Saturdays and if I remember correctly I joined around the Week What About Us was released and I spam whored the hell out of the forum kink.gif Eventually I spread out towards other parts of Buzzjack and I am extremely glad I stuck around.

I've made so many amazing friends online here on Buzzjack and I really am incredibly grateful for the majority here.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Apr 1 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #18
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Out of habit mainly - tho I do like having a influence on the site's future!

Also big fan of the Sports foru. The site helps me keep up on music too - used to have all the time in the world to do that when I was a student.. now, I barely have any time!!!

+Quote Post
Jacobauble
post Apr 1 2016, 10:23 PM
Post #19
Merry Christmas <3
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Some of you are quite funny.

I just enjoy reading topics in the lounge, admittedly I don't post much but I love when I find something I think I can contribute to. Can't wait for the next Unknown Pleasures and I'll probably join BJSC when I can think of a good country name I've got a bit more free time in the summer. Already made a couple of friends here so happy with that obviously. heart.gif

+Quote Post
M.
post Apr 1 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jacob Alan @ Apr 1 2016, 11:23 PM) *
Some of you are quite funny.

I just enjoy reading topics in the lounge, admittedly I don't post much but I love when I find something I think I can contribute to. Can't wait for the next Unknown Pleasures and I'll probably join BJSC when I can think of a good country name I've got a bit more free time in the summer. Already made a couple of friends here so happy with that obviously. heart.gif

Are you going to take part in the current Nuggets? I've just reserved a place for myself for the first time ever today. Not sure whether to look for a new song (which would probably be ideal as it's always fun to make new discoveries for the contests) or enter a song by this one band in particular that I have in mind. They have some pretty rockin' tunes. I'll probably end up doing the former, to challenge myself in finding something new and intriguing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 04:07 AM