BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Better or Worse
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Emily Haines
post Apr 2 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #1
Gunshot Glitter™
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

Sitting eating my tea, I was contemplating the things I've got better or worse at as I've got older.

Better
Cooking - Though the burger I just made would have made everyone else doubt that. For the most part, I no longer live off ready meals.

Mental Health/Wellbeing - I once had a lot of self loathing for my body, leading to an eating disorder. I'm much better now than I was in my early 20s but I'll never be perfect.

Worse
Making friends - It is the hardest thing in the world to do. At least when you were at school you were thrown together with people. I'm shy and quiet with new people & always think no one would want to be friends with me anyway. So people think I'm standoffish and rude. Sigh. I don't really have any friends who I go out with or confide in. It makes me a bit crazy at times when everything stays in my head.

Laziness - I'm terrible. Messy and lazy is a bad combination. I wish I felt motivated to do stuff. I've always been pretty bad but this has definitely got worse.

What do you think you've got better or worse at?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Apr 2 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Better

Confidence - This is a weird subject for me actually because I seem to swing between being this confident person and not having a care in the world, to being shy and uncomfortable in certain situations. It's just a really confusing subject for me because on the one hand I don't motivate myself enough to put myself into many situations where I can prove to myself (and others) that I am indeed confident, if that makes sense, and yet I don't really feel uncomfortable anymore when speaking out loud or something. I don't know, it depends on my mood, but I just put it here anyway because I think it has improved. I still feel a little out of place socially at times but at the same time feel fairly good about myself as a human being, if that makes sense? There do come times every once in a while where I think very negative thoughts about myself and my life and I don't know what much to do about them, but they seem to just kinda go away for a while.

Worse

Laziness - Like you Emily, I think I've gotten lazier lately. I don't spend all my time in bed or anything, in fact I've been getting up really early pretty much every day (ironically not today tho, cos I was on Rabb.it til 5am lol), but I'm not exercising regularly anymore, for example. I'm also not making music anymore...

I can't actually think of any more at the moment sad.gif Intriguing topic though, well done! I was thinking of creating a similar one today actually, about what people consider their strengths and weaknesses.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Apr 2 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

better- explaining things to people. (not just tv and movie plots, but also my feelings)

being current (hearing the latest single releases when they come out, watching all the new series, etc)

telling jokes

worse:

sleeping

confidence

overeating issues

friendships

managing my mental health in general

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Apr 3 2016, 04:51 PM
Post #4
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(bipolar angel @ Apr 2 2016, 09:22 PM) *
better- explaining things to people. (not just tv and movie plots, but also my feelings)

being current (hearing the latest single releases when they come out, watching all the new series, etc)

Oh I am terrible with both of those, especially music. Don't listen to the radio, have no idea who's popular.

Can't explain my feelings at all. My response to the question 'why are you sad?' is always 'I don't know'.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Apr 3 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Emily Haines @ Apr 3 2016, 05:51 PM) *
Oh I am terrible with both of those, especially music. Don't listen to the radio, have no idea who's popular.

Can't explain my feelings at all. My response to the question 'why are you sad?' is always 'I don't know'.

that used to be (with the music thing)

my sister would be like have you heard this, this, this and this, and i'm like.. um, no!. this forum has helped with that

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 12:24 AM