BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What time of day do you like listening to music the best?, BedWood confluence, Mattress confluence. Sigh...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tick
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 7 2016, 01:21 AM
Post #1
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

So a thought came to me about the time of day we prefer, or seem to enjoy music more, at a certain time of day.

I've noticed my love of a song or whatever is often "enhanced" if I listen to it at like 2am or something. Maybe it's because it's dark, quiet and I'm at the part where I'm at peace and about to go to sleep, combining the flow of the music with thoughts I may have. This logic seems to apply to any kind of genre. Electronic music sounds more of a tune than it perhaps is, and if I find myself listening to a song for the first time late at night I seem to still love it just as much by default. I wonder if had I listened to it for the first time at another time of day, perhaps I might not have enjoyed it as much.

I find this particularly intriguing a topic, as two of my biggest faves, Owl City, and more recently, LarsM seem to be big examples here. I think I remember hearing a lot of Adam's discography at nights, and those who are fans of his work are probably familiar with those feels of his dreamy lyrics and production wub.gif I also don't think I would have been such a big LarsM loon either if I didn't have that night where I randomly decided to listen to so many of his other songs laugh.gif

(Sorry mattress, I did promise a jokier thread but maybe next time kink.gif )

This post has been edited by BedWood: Apr 7 2016, 01:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Apr 7 2016, 08:13 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

late night.

i'm a nightowl anyway, and as it gets darker outside, music seems a lot more comforting to me (so after 9 PM)

but i listen to music all the time. through the day, through the afternoon.. their is always something on

night just enhances my enjoyment of it

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Apr 7 2016, 08:15 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

All day, n****!

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Apr 7 2016, 08:19 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

All day.

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Apr 7 2016, 08:24 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

another thing i've found (and i do want to bring this up), i think it also depends on the type of music

for me, anyway... if i'm listening to say dance music, the time of day has to be right- so i need to listen to it at night (if i listen at any other time, it seems misplaced)

and then for something like love songs, i find that i can only listen to them on a sunday. listen any other time, it's not right

this concept works with me for any type of music

+Quote Post
JSG
post Apr 7 2016, 09:25 AM
Post #6
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I really like listening to upbeat euphoric music on the way to work cause it really gets me in the mood for the day but that's just genre preference for the morning.

O actually don't care what time of day I listen to music as long as I'm not tired because then I don't enjoy it or appreciate it.

+Quote Post
liamk97
post Apr 7 2016, 10:26 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(JSG @ Apr 7 2016, 10:25 AM) *
I really like listening to upbeat euphoric music on the way to work cause it really gets me in the mood for the day but that's just genre preference for the morning.

Yeah, I often listen to really upbeat songs before work, like you say it gets you in the mood and I find myself much happier/better at work when I have done.

Most of the time I listen to music at night; for some reason it just sounds so much better when its dark and that works for upbeat, summery songs, not just the more relaxed or sombre songs. Of course, those same summery songs sound perfect in the hot sun, but how many times a year do you get do that? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Apr 7 2016, 02:37 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I listen to music all day really. I think my absolute favourite times would be when I'm getting ready in the morning as it gives you that little boost when starting off the day, and late at night. I tend to agree that music sounds so great in the dark when it's quiet.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 7 2016, 02:46 PM
Post #9
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

All day really but I agree tend to have "moments" at night particularly laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Apr 7 2016, 03:12 PM
Post #10
'Run Away With Me'

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Apr 7 2016, 11:26 AM) *
Yeah, I often listen to really upbeat songs before work, like you say it gets you in the mood and I find myself much happier/better at work when I have done.

Most of the time I listen to music at night; for some reason it just sounds so much better when its dark and that works for upbeat, summery songs, not just the more relaxed or sombre songs. Of course, those same summery songs sound perfect in the hot sun, but how many times a year do you get do that? laugh.gif

Hey England gets more than us drama.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 7 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(JSG @ Apr 7 2016, 04:12 PM) *
Hey England gets more than us drama.gif

Ehh, I'm not so sure tongue.gif

This post has been edited by BedWood: Apr 7 2016, 03:16 PM

+Quote Post
JSG
post Apr 7 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #12
'Run Away With Me'

QUOTE(BedWood @ Apr 7 2016, 04:14 PM) *
Ehh, I'm not so sure tongue.gif

No Seriously. The west coast of Scotland gets more rain and cloud than the rest of the UK. The majority of England gets warmer weather and more Sunshine than Scotland except during the winter when the west coast of Scotland tends to be Warmer.

Also London gets less rain than a lot of major holiday destinations magic.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Apr 8 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Why is this thread 'Bedwood confluence, Mattress confluence'? tongue.gif

QUOTE(BedWood @ Apr 7 2016, 02:21 AM) *
(Sorry mattress, I did promise a jokier thread but maybe next time kink.gif )

You did? unsure.gif

---

Anyway, I went for the 'no preference' one, as did so many other people! If you would've asked me this same question a couple of years ago, I would've said in the middle of the night in bed with my iPod without hesitation! However, these days I find that I'm doing that less and less, partly because I've been going to bed slightly later in the last couple of years so sometimes I actually feel like getting some sleep due to it being so late, rather than listening to music for a long time like I would've done previously. It wasn't unusual for me a while ago to listen to my iPod in bed for as many as three hours before drifting off to sleep. And yes, sometimes music does seem to sound better at night, I did also notice that during those times.

So these days it really doesn't matter that much. Sometimes I will still listen late at night if I'm up for it, and to use another example, sometimes I'll enjoy music a lot in the morning before leaving the house etc. So I don't really have a particular preference I think.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Apr 8 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #14
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

whenever i'm in bed x

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 8 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Mattias @ Apr 8 2016, 06:45 PM) *
Why is this thread 'Bedwood confluence, Mattress confluence'? tongue.gif
You did? unsure.gif

---

Anyway, I went for the 'no preference' one, as did so many other people! If you would've asked me this same question a couple of years ago, I would've said in the middle of the night in bed with my iPod without hesitation! However, these days I find that I'm doing that less and less, partly because I've been going to bed slightly later in the last couple of years so sometimes I actually feel like getting some sleep due to it being so late, rather than listening to music for a long time like I would've done previously. It wasn't unusual for me a while ago to listen to my iPod in bed for as many as three hours before drifting off to sleep. And yes, sometimes music does seem to sound better at night, I did also notice that during those times.

So these days it really doesn't matter that much. Sometimes I will still listen late at night if I'm up for it, and to use another example, sometimes I'll enjoy music a lot in the morning before leaving the house etc. So I don't really have a particular preference I think.

rabb.it banter :')

+Quote Post
all is vanity.
post Apr 10 2016, 05:44 AM
Post #16
I will leave my heart at the door.
Member No.: 1,454

12-2am, but anything between 8PM and 6AM is good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 09:51 PM