BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JOBS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
santa's sack
post Apr 7 2016, 04:59 PM
Post #1
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

As it has come to my attention that loads of people on Buzzjack work at supermarkets, I thought I'd make this topic out of interest.

What is your job? Do you work full time? Do you like your job? etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 7 2016, 05:05 PM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

I have never actally had a paid job before and I go to college but I hope to be working with computers or something after. I do volunteer looking after a few ponies and alpacas once a week tho

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Apr 7 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I work as a full time teacher at a secondary school. I absolutely love the job even if it completely tired me out at the end of the week.

This post has been edited by Maurice: Apr 7 2016, 05:16 PM

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Apr 7 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

Should note I work part time delivering newspapers laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Apr 7 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #5
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

Everyone Knows I work in Burger King. I know it's not the most decent job but it's great hours which in turn pays the bills and I always have plenty of money left over. I wouldn't say I love my job nut I do enjoy it day to day.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Apr 7 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #6
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

I used to deal with the Court of Protection in my most recent job, but it just got to the point where it was totally overwhelming and it was making me ill.

So currently I'm not working, just being a housewife. It is soooo good and my health is better. Eventually I will need to get a job but it'll hopefully be part time to have a better work/life balance. The plan when I quit my job was to study my AAT qualification. I think I still might do that as I love numbers, and everyone needs accountants. happy.gif

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Apr 7 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(JSG @ Apr 7 2016, 06:21 PM) *
Everyone Knows I work in Burger King. I know it's not the most decent job but it's great hours which in turn pays the bills and I always have plenty of money left over. I wouldn't say I love my job nut I do enjoy it day to day.

I'd actually love to work in Burger King or somewhere like that *.* I love the smell of fast food and especially chips so it'd be one of my jobs of choice for when I'm older biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Apr 7 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #8
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I work in a card shop! Generally I really enjoy working there, as my coworkers are lovely and it's very easy to balance working there with my school work. Downside of course is dealing with angry members of the general public when cards don't have the correct words in etc :')

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Apr 7 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #9
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Most of my posts refer to the fact that I'm quite clearly a fireman.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Apr 7 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I don't have a job right now at Uni but I used to work in HMV as I've mentioned on here before. I absolutely loved that job wub.gif Some of my colleagues were a bit nasty (though at the same time I did work with some lovely people too), as were a few rude members of the public, but ultimately being surrounded by music all day was the best.

Being able to get up so early every Saturday and Sunday seems like a very distant memory now even though it wasn't very long ago. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 7 2016, 06:20 PM
Post #11
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I definitely need to think about a summer job as I don't fancy being poor all summer with no uni etc. to keep me occupied laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 7 2016, 06:29 PM
Post #12
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I work part-time in a coffee shop that is linked to one of the 'sites' of my town. I don't mind it sometimes, I am barista trained and also do the majority of the cooking (I apparently make the best food out of everyone *hair flip*) so I definitely get thrown in the deep end. I get on well with the majority of the staff but the wages are not great and one of my managers makes life a living hell by taking their anger out on the staff numerous times a week. There are also 2 members of staff who are so far up the managers arse that I am surprised they don't need to skydive to get down from it... kink.gif

This is only to give me a bit of money until I get through Uni, so life could be worse laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Apr 7 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #13
white girl wasted on brown liquor
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

I'm a graphic designer 🤓

Currently I work in a publishing company, designing children's books. I like it enough at the moment (it's quite fun!) but I don't really see myself being here that much longer. I want to go into type design and more 'serious' graphic design I think. Although I was recently promoted and got quite a big pay rise so I'm happy for the time being...

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Apr 7 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #14
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I work on an ad-hoc basis as an exam invigilator and proof reader of school reports, I actually quite enjoy both, as tedious (and frustrating) as they both may be, but it's only on a temporary basis (though it should become essentially full time over the next month what with exam season) and isn't really a proper job, but it's OK for now. I'm still looking for a 'proper' job ideally as a teaching assistant or education related job, but it's tough, just gotta keep riding this post-uni confusion of what the hell I'm doing with my life.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post Apr 7 2016, 07:01 PM
Post #15
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I work part time in Morrisons and have done for ten months now. It's really just a job to help me with living costs etc while I'm at uni. I actually like the job itself as I work as a Fresh To Go Assistant so I take care of the salad bar, make the mixes up for it as well as the fresh salads , baguettes etc that you get down at the sandwich cabinet and make up pizzas. We also do sandwiches for the cafe too and platters that people order. We are very under-staffed in my department though and there's always a million things to do so it is stressful. All the people I work with are over 35 and are very bitchy/gossipy and have quite an offensive sense of humour so i am very much outwith the rest of my department being a lot younger and pretty introverted, i feel like my manager messes me about because of that which sucks as i do like the job just not the majority of my coworkers laugh.gif

It's Graphic Design I want to do as my 'ultimate' career though happy.gif

This post has been edited by ℒ𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼𝒆𝔂: Apr 7 2016, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 7 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #16
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I have been through the retail struggles. I worked for Morrisons for nearly 5 years, did a short stint at Sainsburys and spent the worst christmas of my life at Amazon.

I got really lucky and landed a real job with St Andrews Uni. I got to do my CIMA qualification (am now 5 weeks away from becoming a qualified Accountant) and it gave me a start in finance. 3 weeks ago I totally uprooted my life, moved over 250 miles and started working for a big 4 firm. I've been trying to get into the big 4 for years so it's such a relief. It gives me so many options moving forwards that i couldn't not jump at the chance to work for them.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Apr 7 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #17
Feliz Navidadbod
Member No.: 19,585

I'm a Team Leader in a residential home for adults on the autistic spectrum. Been there for 18 months now and absolutely love it! It's challenging and the shifts are killer but I've definitely found my career in care smile.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Apr 7 2016, 10:36 PM
Post #18
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'm an auditor at a Big 4 accountancy firm, doing my accounting qualification at the same time.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Apr 7 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

I'm a journalist and have just gone freelance due to needing more flexibility with working hours because of family stuff mainly. I've got lots of work lined up until June but thinking it might go quiet after that unless I really plug away with it so I'll probably get some sort of part-time job too somewhere to 'top up' my earnings to a liveable amount. I've always quite fancied splitting half my time between one career and the other half on another as I have a short attention span so while I'm happy to work full-time hours (in fact I've not worked less than 60 hours a week in the past three years), I'd rather not spend all of those hours doing the same thing day in, day out.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Apr 7 2016, 10:55 PM
Post #20
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

Marketing/user acquisition for a mobile game developer. Yes, those annoying ads is the doing of people like myself oops

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 03:18 AM