BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> do you plan ahead?, making plans..
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Apr 7 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,494
   No Gallery Pics

so when it comes to life, do you plan ahead?

do you live for the moment?. the day?. the week?

tell me how you plan (or don't plan) ahead.

i was always braught up to live for the day- no one knows what happens tomorrow, so why make plans if you don't know what tomorrow will bring

as i got older though, i started to take it more seriously and plan minit by minit, or hour by hour.

i try not to plan ahead anymore than 1 day.

how do you deal with planning
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Apr 7 2016, 06:09 PM
Post #2
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

I plan ridiculous things, like holidays I will never go on, and children I will never have.

But when it comes to planning what I need to buy in the shops, or what to make for tea, I just wing it.

+Quote Post
Jimmy Jam
post Apr 7 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #3
tempted by kings with the finest of things
Member No.: 21,231
   No Gallery Pics

I over plan absolutely everything! Like I'll plan out my day to such a ridiculously fast paced, strict schedule, that I just end up stressing myself out and doing next to none of it laugh.gif I'm trying to work on it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Apr 7 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Emily Haines @ Apr 7 2016, 07:09 PM) *
I plan ridiculous things, like holidays I will never go on, and children I will never have.

But when it comes to planning what I need to buy in the shops, or what to make for tea, I just wing it.

i always do my shopping on wednesday (at least the groceries). always do it online)

check the new cds/ dvds friday and order what i want from amazon that weekend

only when i'm mannic do i seriously overspend and buy loads of random stuff

you would not believe the great fun i've had on amazon in the past

+Quote Post
Slade
post Apr 7 2016, 06:20 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I mostly like to plan right down to the exact time of where I'll be going somewhere. I just get majorly stressed when it comes to bad organisation and am a very punctual person, so knowing what I'll be doing saves a lot of hassle. My dad has definitely instilled this trait in me. laugh.gif This is usually for serious things though. Like, it's been stressing me out that a few people I need to meet up with for photography or interviewing purposes have been so slow with responding. Having plans when I know an important deadline is coming up like that example is where I like to be organised. However, if it's like not knowing where I'll be going to dinner that night with a friend or something (and we decide like half an hour before) then that's fine. Spontaneity can be good for fun things. I just like to be organised down to a T otherwise for more serious things, like scheduling interviews as mentioned or leaving with a bit of time to spare when travelling so I don't end up arriving late.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Apr 7 2016, 06:23 PM
Post #6
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I plan most things I do (or don't do, in some cases heehee.gif) but sometimes I think I overplan and that ends up with me not enjoying something as much as I would had I done it upon my own behalf, if that makes sense.

And most of the time I plan things that I end up not doing, like I've planned as of now that for the whole of tomorrow morning I'll clean out my room and redecorate it - I'll tell you if that happens or not but something tells me it won't. I'm kind of up in the air about that right now.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 7 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #7
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I usually have a rough idea of when things are happening and what I have to do to prepare for them, but sometimes I just let fate choose my path. I cannot stand being late though, I am ALWAYS early.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Apr 7 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Cameron @ Apr 7 2016, 07:25 PM) *
I usually have a rough idea of when things are happening and what I have to do to prepare for them, but sometimes I just let fate choose my path. I cannot stand being late though, I am ALWAYS early.

This is such a good quality I feel. My Uni friends say I am THAT sensible friend that keeps them out of trouble. 'Cause I usually arrive a bit early and ring them as we usually chat a bit before going to lectures, and half the time my phone call has woken them up! laugh.gif MessT

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 7 2016, 06:32 PM
Post #9
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 7 2016, 07:28 PM) *
This is such a good quality I feel. My Uni friends say I am THAT sensible friend that keeps them out of trouble. 'Cause I usually arrive a bit early and ring them as we usually chat a bit before going to lectures, and half the time my phone call has woken them up! laugh.gif MessT

Exact same here! Out of the 10 of us who chat at Uni, it is always me and one other person who bother showing up laugh.gif
In terms of going out with friends I will always be ready to go at least 10 mins before I am getting picked up or leaving to meet them. I can't help it

+Quote Post
bipolar angel
post Apr 7 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 7 2016, 07:28 PM) *

i don't bother about timing, though i think i'd make a good punctual person (mainly because i stick to a certain rooteen)

example: i never watch emmerdale in the evening, always the afternoon repeat on ITV2.

so i always know it starts at 10 past 12 (in most cases) and i'm usually tuned in at least 10 minits before

i question if i was a minit late, would i watch it.

probably not...

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Apr 7 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #11
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I overplan everything and try to arrange most things months in advance! (And everything crumbles about 2 days before the event kink.gif)

Despite being so good at planning things early (when I'm bothered), I'm always the one known for being late to everything as I always somehow end up being really late laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Apr 7 2016, 06:40 PM
Post #12
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

I plan how not to plan.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Apr 7 2016, 07:44 PM
Post #13
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

It depends on what it is and the situation. Especially when there's a good chance things could change that affects plans.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 7 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I'm almost 3 years into a 5 year life plan. Otherwise i'm fairly useless at planning and spend most of my life running late.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Apr 7 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #15
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I am quite a compulsive planner, I really don't do well in spontaneous social situations or planning off the bat, I guess being the 'J' personality type contributes to this, interestingly I've noticed, I do tend to get more spontaneous when I've been doing something a while, I guess when I'm familiar with something it makes me relax more.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Apr 7 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #16
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

YES. Though I'm weird in that big things, like job, money etc I don't plan all that much because so many of the factors are beyond my control. Anything small though, like going on holiday, and I plan it to the finest detail. I'm not a fan of spontaneity at all, if actively infuriates me, so I do like to plan as much as possible.

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Apr 7 2016, 08:41 PM
Post #17
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

Currently I'm looking at how much things I'll need for my future home/apartment cost when I've still got a couple of years before University, so yes, I'd say I plan ahead.

In general though, I can also be a bit spontaneous when I buy things (this doesn't mean I buy things I regret later on, but sometimes I buy things I hadn't set out to buy.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 7 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #18
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I'm not sure I can give a straight answer. I'm exceptionally good at planning when I put my mind to it, I'm punctual and I take great delight in organising things I enjoy as much as possible. But there comes a limit and sometime I just let go and see where some spontaneity or last-minute planning takes me.

Like deciding my future from one year to the next for example. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Apr 8 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Apr 7 2016, 09:12 PM) *
I guess being the 'J' personality type contributes to this

Oh I DO love it when someone else refers to Myers-Briggs on here heehee.gif I'm kinda slightly jealous of your type (INFJ, right?) because I'm INFP, so a bit similar, but a Perceiving type rather than Judging, meaning I'm not that great at planning, really... (and it also means I'm ridiculously non-judgmental lmao)

I've always had such a hard time planning big things for my future and yes, I do think my personality type has something to do with it. It has just always seemed to me that other people are somehow naturally better at that. I can plan what I'm going to do for the day, things like that. If I feel like it. In most cases, I'm able to manage in terms of sticking to the plan, like if I tell myself "I'm going to do this today", then chances are I will do it. However, most days I do just let things flow and I often don't really have plans. I don't really plan out everything I'm going to do when I go on holidays and such and am definitely getting better at spontaneity.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 9 2016, 03:32 AM
Post #20
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

Yes I do plan ahead. I need time to mentally prepare for things so spontaneous plans are best avoided in most cases, though I'm making an effort to change that. Tried to make last-minute plans tonight and they didn't work out so I stayed home, but in the past I would just sit at home without even trying to reach out to anyone, so it's progress. But I much prefer planning a few days in advance so I can go through the week with something to look forward to!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 06:34 AM