BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How often do you eat out?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Crazy Christmas
post Apr 25 2016, 02:32 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Anywhere, including McDonalds etc, Nandos, restaurants,Pizza places, pubs etc etc. They say most Brits eat out on average 3 times a week. We don't eat out 3 times a friggin' year! biggrin.gif

I met my sister in C. London last week as we'd to sign the Probate Oath for my mum's estate and we went in Pizza Express.

Cost me 29.95 and it's a complete rip-off. The exact same pizzas, PE make, same size, names and toppings are only 2.25 in Tesco at present, usually 4.50. How can they justify 2.75 for a 330ml bottle of Fanta? rolleyes.gif

Reminded me why I don't eat out very often.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Apr 25 2016, 02:39 PM
Post #2
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Oh but Pizza Express is AMAZING. Definitely my first choice of places to eat out when going with anyone.

Including places like McDonalds I 'eat out' quite often, don't take a packed lunch to work or anything so ending up at somewhere like McDonalds can be quite regular. For other types of places it's whenever I have company, like when my parents are visiting or I'm visiting family so it can vary. I relish the opportunity to go to a pub or a nice restaurant as my eating habits at home are far from great laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Apr 25 2016, 02:42 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Apr 25 2016, 03:39 PM) *
Oh but Pizza Express is AMAZING. Definitely my first choice of places to eat out when going with anyone.

All the pizzas have funny names though!! Sloppy Guiseppe? WTF!!! Think I had that and was a bit hot! Wife says all the rich go there and don't go to other pizza places.

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 25 2016, 02:48 PM
Post #4
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Yes that's true, all the rich can be seen partying the night away in Pizza Express!

My dining habits vary depending on whether I'm working away or not but it's not unheard of for me to dine out about 5 evenings a week. The worst thing about it is trying to stay relatively healthy, it's incredibly difficult at times and it's even more difficult to not order lots of wine when the waiter asks what you want to drink with your meal! I now try and balance everything though and limit unhealthy options like Italian/Indian and happily intersperse them with Japanese/Vegetarian options.

+Quote Post
M.
post Apr 25 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

More often these days, but still not majorly often laugh.gif When I meet up with a friend in town, we usually get something to eat, also with my sister whenever I spend a couple of weeks with her in the summer. Sometimes for special occasions like birthdays, I'll go eat out too.

I think it's important that I go drink out tho, enough of this only drinking at home stuff lol (or other people's homes)

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 25 2016, 02:54 PM
Post #6
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Sloppy Guiseppe is lovely! Pizza Express make quality Italian-style pizzas, you're paying for the quality - it tastes far better than lots, there are so many flavours you'd never get on something like, say, Pizza Hut or Dominos. It's not (exclusively) fattening trash and it's well made so they get to charge more. And while you can get PE brand pizzas in stores, obviously part of restaurant dining is the experience of being waited on and made good food. Eating out does cost a lot, if you're a cheapskate - don't do it.

Which is why I don't tend to do it much unless I get invited out, maybe once a month, but I always enjoy the experience as it doesn't come around often. And it means I tend to go somewhere nice like Pizza Express or Ask or a friendly country pub when I do.

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post Apr 25 2016, 03:00 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

Once or twice a month is definitely the max. There is no restaurant in my town so that's one of the reasons.

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Apr 25 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ Apr 25 2016, 03:48 PM) *
The worst thing about it is trying to stay relatively healthy, it's incredibly difficult at times and it's even more difficult to not order lots of wine when the waiter asks what you want to drink with your meal!

You could ask for a free glass of tap water Dandy. There's a new campaign to get more people to ask as a lot are afraid they'll be thought of as cheapskates by the waiting staff. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 25 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #9
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

I actually do ask for a jug of tap water sometimes, I have no qualms whatsoever about doing so if I don't fancy drinking.

The weirdest thing about eating out because of work reasons is when you are on your own, it's so strange walking in and asking for a table for one - you immediately feel so judged!

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Apr 25 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #10
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

to go out for a proper sit down meal is usually special occasions, but if someone in the family has a birthday in the summer we usually have a BBQ if the weather is ok. I'd rather order a pizza from dominos or pizza hut to have at home though, so i can eat it in my pjs and share it with my cats tongue.gif

I've been going mc donalds a lot recently though, usually after work in the morning for some breakfast before bedtime laugh.gif

I've never been to pizza express...will have to try that. I've recently tried papa johns pizza and that was yummy smile.gif

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Apr 25 2016, 03:21 PM
Post #11
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Ooh I don't think I could eat out (at a non-fast food place) on my own as a regular thing. No problem going to concerts or the cinema alone because you're 'actively' doing something (watching something) and I see plenty do the latter but I'd feel so awkward when sitting waiting for my food to arrive. sad.gif I did it once at Gourmet Burger iamspamspamami but the only other customers were a couple so no one around to be judged by. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 25 2016, 03:23 PM
Post #12
Mansonette
   No Gallery Pics

I tend to find Wagamamas is the best place to go if you're on your own, they even do tables for one and the whole place has more of a communal feeling so you don't feel so obviously alone. I tend to also take my laptop along with me just in case there are any doubts whether I am intentionally eating alone or not! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 25 2016, 03:29 PM
Post #13
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I have never heard of someone being afraid to ask for some water in a restaurant before. Even if I am drinking it's good to have some to go inbetween the alcohol. Like you would do at a bar... and that's if anything the place I could believe in people being nervous to ask for water.

Eating out for one must be simultaneously great and awkward, I've never done it but arriving first at a restaurant is awkward enough as it is. If I had to eat out alone I'd probably try and find a sunny spot to sit in a pub first or at least something a bit more communal.

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Apr 25 2016, 03:40 PM
Post #14
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i'm actually going out to eat tonight ohmy.gif

I'd say I eat out a few times a month, it usually is places like Mcdonalds, Nandos etc when I'm out and want to grab some food, although for friends birthdays etc. my friends and I do tend to go out to our local restaurants for something to eat biggrin.gif Occasionally we'll spontaneously go out for lunch or brunch but atm it's finding the time between everyones work schedules/revision etc laugh.gif

I'm also a fan of pizza express wub.gif although I never usually eat the pizza, just some starters laugh.gif

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Apr 25 2016, 04:29 PM
Post #15
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I think it just really depends. Normally it would be with my family once a week but if I'm with friends it's kind of a wild card.

I remember back in my first semester of college when I went out with friends at least twice a week

+Quote Post
Slade
post Apr 25 2016, 04:32 PM
Post #16
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I eat out a lot, I'd say about once or twice a week maybe. It doesn't help that my Uni is really near the town centre and that my family love to eat out a lot. laugh.gif

I never eat out alone except for McDonalds if I pop there by myself after Uni. No-one should judge me for wanting nuggets alone. However, when I've been sitting alone I've been asked SO many times by people to guard their stuff while they go to the loo or something. Maybe I have that innocent look about me. kink.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 25 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #17
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I eat out for dinner at least once a week with my family, usually two or three nights a week if I have plans with friends or family. We get takeaway or fast food one night a week too. And I usually get to eat out for lunch once a week. Eating out is definitely my favorite thing to do with people, it's the easiest way to make plans since we all need to eat! I do wish I was cooking for myself a little more but there's just so many good restaurants out there!

+Quote Post
Crazy Christmas
post Apr 25 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Apr 25 2016, 04:29 PM) *
I have never heard of someone being afraid to ask for some water in a restaurant before. Even if I am drinking it's good to have some to go inbetween the alcohol. Like you would do at a bar... and that's if anything the place I could believe in people being nervous to ask for water.

There was a piece about it on London Tonight one day last week and they stopped people in the street and lots said they don't ask as they feel a bit ashamed.

+Quote Post
Slick
post Apr 25 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #19
I got hot sauce in my bag, swag
Member No.: 70

Dining out is literally my favourite thing to do, and I tend to find excuses to do it ALL THE TIME.

Having said that, I'm a lot better than I used to be and I CAN actually go a week without dining out. If it's ever multiple times a week, it tends to be due to necessity these days more than anything else.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Apr 25 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #20
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Me and my mates used to eat out about twice a week. I've stopped recently though since I'm now on a diet.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 04:54 PM