BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Panic Attacks, Have you experienced them?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Rob S
post May 1 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Not exactly a very comforting subject to talk about but it might help if others have experienced this scary symptom.
It's one thing I've felt several times through my life,at school and in the last couple of months (more frequently than ever). The sort of symptoms I keep getting are difficulty breathing and losing control not to mention your heart is beating out of rhythm, pains in the body also but that's down to stress primarily..

I did go see the doctor last week because of feeling really scared when I was in one and was walking around stressed out as a result, not that that helps calm it down or anything but it automatically makes you feel like you are going to pass out/ have a heart attack or something. Relieved to know from the doctor that my heart is very strong so nothing deadly serious but it still comes in waves and it's quite hard to stop completely especially if it's a reaction to lots of sudden grief!

Sooo has anyone else experienced this or helped a friend or family member who has had one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MauriahChristmaz
post May 1 2016, 01:22 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I,ve experienced them a lot when i was younger, and still have one once in a while. I usually have them when i,m in a busy/stressful period. They were also the reason i had insomnia/was scared to sleep for a while. It,s getting better now i get older.

+Quote Post
M.
post May 1 2016, 01:43 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

As far as I can remember/am aware, I've never had a panic attack, but I've definitely had moments throughout my life where I've been a nervous wreck of various degrees. Some of it has gotten better and I'm not nervous at all anymore about some of the things I used to be nervous about. If I do get anxious/overthink/overworry, it doesn't necessarily tend to cause any full-blown physical reaction such as a panic attack (I realise they can occur without an obvious cause). They seem scary though.

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post May 1 2016, 07:48 PM
Post #4
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I had a panic attack just under 18 months ago and was absolutely convinced I was going to die. My mum calmed me down over the phone and went through breathing exercises to help me. I never want to experience that ever again.

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post May 1 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Absolutely horrible to have indeed especially when the anxiety is uncontrollable at times.

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post May 1 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #6
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I have had a panic attack once in Univesity on my first day because I was late to my radio skills task (I hate being late) So I phoned my mum and then went to see student support sad.gif It is worrying to have indeed

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 2 2016, 08:42 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I've had one panic attack before that I can recall. I was on a rollercoaster and I was edging closer to the top where it would then drop back down, and suddenly had a panic attack where I couldn't breathe properly and felt like I was going to die. This is when I found out that I had a fear of rollercoasters/heights in general, scary times.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post May 2 2016, 08:59 PM
Post #8
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I think when I was in high school, I was always faced with the pressure that I should get an A so that my parents would be proud of me, and when I started getting B's, my dad wouldn't have it and it made me feel that I couldn't do anything right. So any time I feel like I have underperformed when it comes to school, I'd start panicking and one time it got so bad that I was struggling to breathe and on the verge of tears. It's been occurring less so now that I'm in college because it makes me feel so liberated. It also kinda explains why I'm a bit on edge when it comes to proving my point.

I feel like I shouldn't be saying all this because it seems so victimizing, but yeah that was my life before. Thanks you guys for giving me the courage to say all this because now I know I'm not alone.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post May 2 2016, 08:59 PM
Post #9
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I have panic attacks quite often. Usually, they are when I am alone so no one really witnesses it. The last time I probably had a public one was flying back from London last year after not being able to breathe and feeling dizzy on the plane. Luckily Lindsey was there to calm me down! In terms of on my own, I think I have mentioned on here that my greatest fear is death, it is not a subject I like to touch on and often makes me feel very uneasy. At night time, I sometimes just get the fear of one day I'm going to die and begin to hyperventilate and have that horrible shaking feeling that I usually get when I am sobering up after being drunk. (laugh.gif) I don't know why it bothers me so much but it is definitely what makes me panic the most and I hate it.

Sorry if that seems a little pathetic laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post May 2 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #10
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I don't suffer from full blown panic attacks where I can't breath etc but I do experience quite intense anxiety at times, I'm sure most people have experienced that to some degree though, especially when it comes from academic pressure/stress etc like Cody mentioned. I think you just need to take a step back, try your best to calm down and look at things step by step and a bit more logically rather than getting worked up about things that are often beyond your control. Of course that's not always the answer and it's a lot easier said than done.

Cameron, I didn't even know you suffered from proper panic attacks, why isn't this something you've brought up before? sad.gif Even on the plane I just thought you were feeling claustrophobic, glad I some how managed to help there though (even if I'm not entirely sure what I did laugh.gif). As for the death thing, I can relate a bit so don't think it sounds pathetic or weird. I sometimes think I can't see myself being a certain age and of course that sets in the paranoia that something is going to happen to me, the only thing to really do is try not to think about it and make peace with the fact that we all die someday (sorry for the morbid talk) and its not something that's avoidable, as cliche as it sounds, make the most of each day as making our time worthwhile is what's important, not when we're going to die.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post May 2 2016, 10:13 PM
Post #11
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Nothing serious but I hope that my social anxiety doesn't cause me to like break down or something one day when I do something big I've never done before that I can think of things that could go wrong or something (not necessarily paranoia as I often forget things and get ADD distractions often)

Ffs this was worded so badly, maybe I can find the right words tomorrow lol

I do think that Buzzjack and rabbit etc. has been a real help in this potential issue though.

This post has been edited by spadogs: May 2 2016, 10:15 PM

+Quote Post
Rob S
post May 2 2016, 11:11 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

yeah I can relate with the death thing, I lost someone the same age as me last month and ever since then it's kinda had a shock to the system which in return brings on bigger panic attacks probably because it was so rare and unexpected for someone to pass that young. It's not a necessarily comfortable thing to think about but there's not really a lot you can do about it so best just to focus on life etc. Although it can be tricky at times!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 06:06 PM