BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you ever feel like you're 'cringy' on here?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
The Cringe Factor
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
HowToPronounceMa...
post May 3 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

The Lounge mod (and human ohmy.gif) in me is curious about this and I think it's about time to just ask, since it has kind of come up in another thread recently. Basically, to put it another way, are you ever, or were you in the past, embarrassed about your posts? Do you hate reading back at your old posts when you come across them? etc. I guess in a way it's kind of similar to the "Are you ever scared to post?" thread, but this one is specific to posts you have already made and how you feel about those.

I was nervous about making this tbh but then I figured there's nothing cringy about it magic.gif

(I'll write something later)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 3 2016, 09:08 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Oh god I most definitely cringe at some of my old posts on here when I come across them. I think a lot of things I wrote on here aged 16 and below are hard for me to read now. This applies to outside of here too. I just feel really nooby and 'why did I post that' about that stuff. I think I've only really become comfortable in the way I've posted for about the past year or so when I've found my feet here.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post May 3 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #3
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

No.

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post May 3 2016, 09:18 PM
Post #4
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

All the time for me because sometimes I wonder if there's any point me posting things as I don't really fall into any of the cliques on here, and I don't want to come across as being irrelevant and people not really caring about my posts because I don't know them, if you get me.

idk it's hard to explain but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to fit in and trying too hard

And there's a few others on here that come across as so big headed and overall their cockiness makes me cringe because they act like they're better than everyone else and only talk to people who they're friends with. luckily the majority of people on here are nice though, a forum full of cocky people is a bad place to be.

This post has been edited by mdh: May 3 2016, 09:21 PM

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post May 3 2016, 09:18 PM
Post #5
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

No.

Others make me cringe though, that Jade is the worst.

This post has been edited by LushLife: May 3 2016, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
Slade
post May 3 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(LushLife @ May 3 2016, 10:18 PM) *
No.

Others make me cringe though, that Jade is the worst.

Imma shank you into next Tuesday hoe

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post May 3 2016, 09:23 PM
Post #7
🙄

QUOTE(Jade @ May 3 2016, 10:21 PM) *
Imma shank you into next Tuesday hoe

m7, I don't even know who yir cheeking.

Sket.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post May 3 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #8
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Lee stop flirting she's taken

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post May 3 2016, 09:34 PM
Post #9
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Yes all the time tbh. I over share a lot which isn't always a bad thing at the time but definitely looking back I think 'oh god why did I say that' laugh.gif I think I've just accepted the fact that I will embarrass my future self and now i just go with it. I have confidence that if I ever totally make a tit of myself, one of you will point it out quickly. I am aware of how embarrassing/irritating I can be though and do try to hold back certain things, like my complete obsession with Commander Lexa/Alycia Debnam Carey , I just think about what I'd think if it was someone else posting what I am etc and that helps to reign it in a bit I guess.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post May 3 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #10
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mdh @ May 3 2016, 10:18 PM) *
All the time for me because sometimes I wonder if there's any point me posting things as I don't really fall into any of the cliques on here, and I don't want to come across as being irrelevant and people not really caring about my posts because I don't know them, if you get me.

idk it's hard to explain but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to fit in and trying too hard

You really shouldn't feel like you don't belong here and need to fit in because you're not in a 'clique' sad.gif The Lounge is an open community (there can be cliqueyness but that's just what happens with groups of friends), just contribute naturally to a topic without trying to fit in, just because it doesn't get a reply doesn't mean people aren't reading.

As for the topic, I've been guilty of being a bit try hard in the early days of coming into The Lounge and feel like I needed to fit in, and just...doing boring posts that didn't really add anything. It's the same in real life, I cringe remembering my younger teenage self and some of the shit I used to say! I tend to limit my posts to when I actually have something to contribute these days rather than for the hell of it, so I'd say 'Not anymore, but I used to feel like that'. Still, I feel like I never made any grave errors in my younger Buzzjack years! (Except that username ph34r.gif)

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: May 3 2016, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post May 3 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #11
🙄

QUOTE(Cody Is The Name @ May 3 2016, 10:32 PM) *
Lee stop flirting she's taken

I have standards.

My heart lies with Lotti <3, although it can never be cause of my friendship with Tim.

This post has been edited by LushLife: May 3 2016, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsʟᴇɪɢʜ.
post May 3 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #12
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(LushLife @ May 3 2016, 10:37 PM) *
I have standards.

My heart lies with Lotti <3, although it can never be cause of my friendship with Tim.

u wot m8

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post May 3 2016, 09:44 PM
Post #13
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

Everything I do is perfect.

(srsly tho someone remove 2012 tumblr-hipster Lotti from the Internet mellow.gif )

+Quote Post
Slade
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(mdh @ May 3 2016, 10:18 PM) *

I was about to reply to this but Chez has put what I wanted to say better than I would have. Still, I will echo what he says as you never should refrain from posting whatever you want to! If you have something to say then there's always a point in posting things. Admittedly there can be cliquey behaviour here at times but don't let that hold you back from posting. Your 'make a musician' thread has gone down a storm, with the right ideas people will always contribute no matter who you are. This forum really is full of nice people like you say, please don't ever feel like people won't care about what you post because what you post will always be of interest to someone. I hope you do feel like you can settle in here better in time as this really is such a brilliant community!

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
Post #15
🙄

QUOTE(ℒ𝓲𝓷⻤ @ May 3 2016, 10:38 PM) *
u wot m8

Stop being jealous.

She's whoring herself out to everyone right now (Meeekul, Timothy and even Cameron).

+Quote Post
dhwe
post May 3 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,384

I used too many emoticons during my first months here in an attempt to make myself seem "friendlier" but I think I've slowly become more comfortable showing my true posting style here as time has passed. Otherwise there's nothing really here for me to cringe at I guess because my shameful adolescent internet activity took place elsewhere.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post May 3 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #17
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I demand to see hipster Lotti

+Quote Post
bigwiglaf
post May 3 2016, 09:47 PM
Post #18
pop goes the world...
Member No.: 1,426
   No Gallery Pics

After all my time here at buzzjack, I still manage the occasional cringe worthy posts....

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post May 3 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #19
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(LushLife @ May 3 2016, 10:44 PM) *
Stop being jealous.

She's whoring herself out to everyone right now (Meeekul, Timothy and even Cameron).

u w0t

QUOTE(Cody Is The Name @ May 3 2016, 10:46 PM) *
I demand to see hipster Lotti

Hipster Lotti needs to remain hidden

+Quote Post
Explozian
post May 3 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 21,512
   No Gallery Pics

(***trigger warning: uncharacteristically smiley and constructive life advice***)

Everyone is a tard on the internet aged 16, thankfully my worst moments are elsewhere but it's just about having confidence in your own opinions and an inner voice telling everyone else to f*** off. I wouldn't say I was particularly self-confident but it's a lot easier to look like it online, especially if like me you try to fit at least one big word into a post. Or just spin your inner cringe into a personality trait and make it a positive thing.

Either that or just say you were being ironic, it has the double effect of making the other person look stupid and making you look like a deep comedy genius. I cringe far more at myself in real life, it's a full-body, chilling experience.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 10:45 PM