BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King Arthur
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Yuki On Ice~
post May 5 2016, 08:14 AM
Post #1
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I hope I'm not the only one who was disappointed to not find a discussion on one of the few great British legendary heroes in the other Arthur thread. Always the first thing that comes to mind with that name.

Anyway, how often do you find yourself waiting for the day that Arthur will rise from his slumber to save Britain once more? Do you have a favourite knight? A favourite most-probably-hogwash 'historical' story or legend involving his reign as King Of The Britons, perhaps? Is Morgan Le Faye or Guinevere the queen most fabulous? Or did you just really enjoy Monty Python and the Holy Grail because... who wouldn't unless you've had some 'comedian' repeat every joke to you verbatim so many times there's nothing funny about it anymore. Any discussion in order to beat the other Arthur thread in terms of replies is WHOLLY welcomed.

mild tonal shift into serious business mode: Living where I do, I have been to Tintagel a couple of times and it's a beautiful ruin. The legend's identity as British rather than English is very relevant to how I identify myself, so I kind of really like him. Plus historical legends are very cool by association of having them in my culture.

(I admit I also may have been spurred on by my current obsession with the Fate series where Arthur is a main character and has been gender-flipped because anime, with the evidence in my avatar and signature that's hard to avoid)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post May 5 2016, 08:31 AM
Post #2
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

I love watching the various movies and tv shows based on the legend (Merlin would be my favourite tv show but there are so many out there wub.gif )

tbh I might watch Merlin series again biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post May 5 2016, 11:27 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

What did you make of Clive Owen in the 2004 film of King Arthur?

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post May 5 2016, 12:08 PM
Post #4
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I haven't seen it but it looks like everything I'd hate about a historical movie. No one gets to claim Arthur is historical. And especially no one does that while making him a Roman and cutting out nearly everything recorded about the legend from one's film plot.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post May 5 2016, 12:33 PM
Post #5
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

WAT??

Also that movie was omg terrible.

+Quote Post
Mack'sXmasSack
post May 5 2016, 06:23 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

However couldn't stand Merlin the TV series at all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 05:49 AM